Peterborough vs Newcastle United Pre-Match Thread - CC - 22/09/09 - 7:45 KO

Crumpy Gunt

Neil Farrington in the Journal has also touted starting Barton tonight for similar reasons. Pretty damning assessment of his displays so far this season in the write up

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/sundaysun//tm_headline=now-is-the-time-to-drop-joey-barton%26method=full%26objectid=24747079%26page=1%26siteid=61634-name_page.html

I could probably say worse about the overpaid, thug of a jailbird and his inept performances this season but I'll be nice :)

Must be a first - a cup game i don't care if we lose....'course, it'll be different when I'm listening to it...

I always think I don't care too much for this sort of game (friendlies too) then go apeshit when we go a goal down. :no:

Guest Brummiemag

Sounds like we've become the new Bolton Wandererers.  Playing weakened teams, not taking the cups seriously, can't understand why no one else seems to be annoyed about it.    Glad Im not going to this

Krul

Taverner Tozer Taylor Kadar

Lua Lua Vuckic Butt Ferguson

Ranger Lövenkrands

All about blooding youngsters and giving a rest to our senior players, while letting Lövenkrand get some match fitness and Butt get injured.

FYP

Now that, of course, would be even better :aww:

Guest Roger Kint

Sounds like we've become the new Bolton Wandererers.  Playing weakened teams, not taking the cups seriously, can't understand why no one else seems to be annoyed about it.    Glad Im not going to this

If and when Bolton get fucked over by their owner leaving a tiny squad in a lower league and a further 40 games minimum to play then you can make that comparison. As it is we have little choice, perhaps thats what everyone else can see that you cant.........

The last round saw us pick up big injuries to two important players, both of whom were brought on as subs. Bearing in mind the bigger picture of where we are and what we need to do was it worth it? We aren't going to win this cup.

Our priority (and by about a million miles) is promotion back to the Premier League. We have a relatively small squad with a number of injuries already. If we give some youngsters a bit of experience and go out then it will probably help our cause in the long run.

That said, I'll still be hoping we win tonight as always and will be disappointed if we don't progress.

Bwahahaha!

From the interview Hughton seems to be leaning towards playing a fairly mixed side, not just youngsters so there's potential to put out a fairly decent side apart from the centre back position where we just don't have the numbers available.

Personally I think it's great that the likes of Krul, Tozer and Lua Lua get the chance to feel part of the first team squad, it will be great for motivation, not just for them but some of the senior players who take their place for granted.

yeah,like bolton are the only team to put out weakened teams in ths comp.

New Arsenal tbh.

New Arsenal tbh.

and are arsenal the only other team to do it ?

New Arsenal tbh.

You're saying we're the new Man Utd?

New Arsenal tbh.

You're saying we're the new Man Utd?

even the mackems and boro. hell man, even villa in europe.

What would people prefer , winning the cup or promotion back to the premiership?

Promotion, no doubt.

Though of course it would be nice to win a cup, but we have to look at the long run - not being promoted this season would see us lose any decent player we still have.

It's also a lot more realistic that we get promoted than winning the cup.