Marlon Harewood

Dave

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Marlon-Harewood-set-for-Newcastle-loan-article142223.html

Marlon Harewood set for Newcastle loan

Published 22:25 02/09/09 By James Nursey

Aston Villa striker Marlon Harewood is set to join Newcastle on loan next week.

Hitman Harewood, 30, is desperate for a move after making just one Premier League start for Villa since joining in July 2007 from West Ham for £4million.

He saw a potential switch to top-flight Hull collapse on deadline day.

While a permanent transfer to Newcastle was called off when they re-signed free agent Peter Lovenkrands.

But Toon caretaker Chris Hughton wants to return for the striker when the Football League loan market re-opens next week.

And Harewood, close to fitness after a foot injury, is expected to join the relegated club on a three-month agreement to boost their promotion bid.

s*** source I know, but this was rumoured on deadline day too.

think there must be better options than that lump available, may well do a job but think its a "fox in the box" speedy striker that we need,  someone who can play with our 3 existing strikers SHola, Carroll and Nile who are all target men really.

think there must be better options than that lump available, may well do a job but think its a "fox in the box" speedy striker that we need,  someone who can play with our 3 existing strikers SHola, Carroll and Nile who are all target men really.

McLoven

Guest Dennis Carter

What does Harewood do well?

It's not anything in particular that he does well it's more of his all around game it's well a bit ****

:lol: Would it have been more sensible to keep and play Xisco?

Sensible? yes. Cheaper? no.  :lol:

Nah, he'll come in and do a reasonable job at this level. He's not pretty to watch but he'll be fairly effective and he'll score a few. Decent signing for a championship team.

Guest Dennis Carter

Seriously though if he gets a good run he should probably get about 1/4 or 1/3 and he'll be decent enough to see us through to January. He's not an inspired signing but it's an experienced face in a thin squad of kids, which will be a massive help

Agh, i thought this died when we signed Lovelypants.

I don't want him getting in Rangers way.

Agree with you. 

I'd like to see Ranger get more time on the pitch this season. Harewood would do an average job for us I'd imagine, however Ranger maybe develop fast and be even better.  Rather we loaned in a centre back and a right winger.

I'd like us to have a look at other options... but obviously if he is the only one with the experience and potential in this league then why not get him? I mean it will only be for 3 months if he isn't doing the job for us! Hopefully Ranger won't just slip down the pecking order with another striker signing!