Marlon Harewood

Dave

As long as it doesn't get in the way of developing players like Ranger/Carroll, it's gotta be a good move. Would prefer to see us bringing in another defender/midfielder though.

promotion this season> than need to develop young players.

As long as it doesn't get in the way of developing players like Ranger/Carroll, it's gotta be a good move. Would prefer to see us bringing in another defender/midfielder though.

I'm hoping it's possible to do both!

I can't believe anyone can pick any holes in his performance, if Ameobi had played as well as him everyone would be saying "wow Ameobi is getting better and better", and probably likewise Carroll.

He was given his opportunity to shine, and I think he showed a lot of people exactly what he's capable of.

if Ameobi had played like that he'd be slated for not scoring.

I'm hoping it's possible to do both!

agree.

We should prioritise the development of players like Ranger and Carroll whilst we are in this league.

fuck that. We won't win the league with Ranger and Carroll upfront, I'd rather go up winning than stay where we are and develop our youngsters.

The priority is getting promoted before we fall even further behind. As it is right now the present lot would be relegated from the PL, so we need to get promoted and invest in the first team squad and also in youth, bringing them through when we're on the up, not when things are desperate. Relying on Ranger and Carroll is madness.

Course, we know there won't be much (if any) investment while the inept fat market trader is running the show.

We should prioritise the development of players like Ranger and Carroll whilst we are in this league.

fuck that. We won't win the league with Ranger and Carroll upfront, I'd rather go up winning than stay where we are and develop our youngsters.

Obviously Ameobi and Lovenkrands would be ahead of them, but what I'm trying to say is I wouldn't want a player who isn't even ours starting ahead of players who could gain a lot of experience in this league.

f*** that. We won't win the league with Ranger and Carroll upfront, I'd rather go up winning than stay where we are and develop our youngsters.

Obviously Ameobi and Lovenkrands would be ahead of them, but what I'm trying to say is I wouldn't want a player who isn't even ours starting ahead of players who could gain a lot of experience in this league.

I would if he was better than them.

The priority is getting promoted before we fall even further behind. As it is right now the present lot would be relegated from the PL, so we need to get promoted and invest in the first team squad and also in youth, bringing them through when we're on the up, not when things are desperate. Relying on Ranger and Carroll is madness.

Course, we know there won't be much (if any) investment while the inept fat market trader is running the show.

Yep, we need to go up at all costs. We'll worry about the premiership if/when we get there. Ideally we'd be signing players now who would also be good enough if we go up, but we've got to be realistic given the shambles of a situation at the club.

I actually think he can be a handful, didn't he score a few when the hammers got promoted? Everytime i've seen him play he always causes quite a few problems, not that i've seen him play alot like.

As a loan signing, he might be a smart addition to the squad. He's no worse than Leroy Lita who alot on here would have had.