Marlon Harewood

Dave

He is garbage. Woeful at Newcastle last year & looks like he did nothing while at Stoke.

When did he last score a league goal?

Sounds like our new superstar Shola.

He is garbage. Woeful at Newcastle last year & looks like he did nothing while at Stoke.

Sounds like our new superstar Shola.

HAHAHA!!! How strange as I did type at one point his loan spell at Wolves was like Sholas at Stoke.

Henri Camara should be more of a priority for us to be trying to get.

Does he still have the legs at 32? I dont think there is a lot more to his game if he has lost it. Last time I saw him was missing from 6 yards against the mackems for Stoke.

Probably no bigger gamble than Harewood, although i'd rather take the latter now we have lovenkrands back.

Both Camara and Harewood are badly out of form and needing a new club.

Guest MrSundlofer

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/400.jpg

His spell at West Ham was good. Bring him in on loan for 1-3 months and see what he can do. We need players!

Guest Roger Kint

Henri Camara is w*** and a bad apple in the dressing room, we don't want him.

Marlon Harewood is equally terrible and didn't do well in this division with Wolves - but neither did Shola with Stoke.

And as previously stated on here was during a shocking patch for Wolves where injuries to key men had them get 1 win in about 10. Hardly his fault playing in that side, not that i particularly rate him mind.

I'd be happy if we brought him in on loan. What do we have to lose? As we've already seen, players who performed terribly in the Premiership are looking a class above in this league. He would be coming into a team in good form playing alongside players who are superior to most players in this division. If Ameobi can shine in this league than theres no reason why Harewood can't. If he looks shite then we've still got Carroll, Lovenkrands, Ranger and Ameobi when he comes back and we can send him back. Nothing to lose. I reckon he'd be decent for a few goals.

I actually think he can be a handful, didn't he score a few when the hammers got promoted? Everytime i've seen him play he always causes quite a few problems, not that i've seen him play alot like.

As a loan signing, he might be a smart addition to the squad. He's no worse than Leroy Lita who alot on here would have had.

Mainly for the team he's palying for. Were not in a position to turn down anyone really but there must be one team who are willing to loan out a forward who is pacey and/or a good finisher. Wev'e got three forwards already who are a bit of a handful.

Henri Camara should be more of a priority for us to be trying to get.

Does he still have the legs at 32? I dont think there is a lot more to his game if he has lost it. Last time I saw him was missing from 6 yards against the mackems for Stoke.

Probably no bigger gamble than Harewood, although i'd rather take the latter now we have lovenkrands back.

Both Camara and Harewood are badly out of form and needing a new club.

.com say he is 30

For anyone against signing him, what would you have said about Ameobi, Smith, Nolan and R.Taylor last May? Probably sell if possible for the majority of people. Harewood is an experienced Premiership striker who will cause teams problems in this division if he's in a team of players who excelling. Theres nowt to lose on this one. An extra experienced body in who has shown at times that he can be effective.

Guest Rob 1988

He is garbage. Woeful at Villa last year & looks like he did nothing while at Wolves.

Give the lad a chance he will be getting a lot better service at newcastle than at Wolves .

He is garbage. Woeful at Villa last year & looks like he did nothing while at Wolves.

Give the lad a chance he will be getting a lot better service at newcastle than at Wolves .

Questionable. Wolves had a couple of tasty wingers in Kightly and Reid last season. We've scored a few goals this season but it's still largely route one stuff. Not that i'm doubting Harewood would score goals for us, btw...

Guest The Libertine

Questionable. Wolves had a couple of tasty wingers in Kightly and Reid last season. We've scored a few goals this season but it's still largely route one stuff. Not that i'm doubting Harewood would score goals for us, btw...

cant agree with that. we've adopted a passing game this season and its really paying off. all the goals i can think of this season have been from crosses or decent passing moves around the box.

cant agree with that. we've adopted a passing game this season and its really paying off. all the goals i can think of this season have been from crosses or decent passing moves around the box.

Shola against Wednesday was as route one as you can get. Not that I'd necessarily disagree with you.

Shola against Wednesday was as route one as you can get. Not that I'd necessarily disagree with you.

Guthrie's against Leicester was pretty much route one stuff n'all really.

But i was maybe a bit harsh saying it's largely all route one.

I don't rate him, but he's not garbage. That's far too simple a response.

He's no world beater at Premier League level. He's not good enough for us, if we're (supposed to be) a top six team.

However, he definitely has something. 1 league start, 28 sub appearances (and MON doesnt do subs before 75 mins, so that means no playing time), 5 goals.

Use a popular internet video sharing site to search for his goal at Reading, or his overhead kick at Anfield away and you will see he's capable of scoring goals. He did very well at West Ham, too.

I think his main issue is that he is a confidence player, and he was never going to get confidence playing for us when he just comes off the bench once in a while. He's also one of those strikers who, when he has to think about what he is going to do, invariably arses it up (Agbonlahor is the same), but if he doesn't have time to think and acts instinctively, he does much better.

Like I say, not good enough for where we are / want to be, but I will bet you what you like, given a decent run of games in the championship, he will score goals. I think it'd be a shrewd move for you.

Guest Heneage

Aye, tbh he's probably one that wouldn't be worth the hassle. Simply seems like he's been big trouble wherever he's gone.

He's got a decent goals record. I'd prefer him over Harewood.

If he was gonna come in and cause ructions in the dressing room, upsetting nicey-nicey Chrissy and the general team spirit, just for the case of having cover for a month or two - we might aswell just steer clear.