Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

I'd take Cleverley for a couple of million defo, got something none of our other midfielders have got in his movement and skill on the ball. Got a decent eye for goal as well.

think i rather have cleverly for a decent price, than for an unproven foreign player. (skjelbred etc)

Interesting thing posted on the Watford forum thing by a manure fan.

we (man utd) have just cancelled a deal for a young Serbian lad, apparently off the back of Cleverleys form for Watford...

Guest Roger Kint

The 3 clubs that are really in the s**** £££'s wise: Watford, Crystal Palace & Pompey who have they got worth looking at for a deal?

Moses/Scannell/RB...Clyde(i think) all been playing well and watched by Prem Clubs for Palace

Watford - Loach........then only others i can think of are loans unless Ross Jenkins is any good?

Pompey - O'Hara and anyone worth signing are all loans

The 3 clubs that are really in the s**** £££'s wise: Watford, Crystal Palace & Pompey who have they got worth looking at for a deal?

Moses/Scannell/RB...Clyde(i think) all been playing well and watched by Prem Clubs for Palace

Watford - Loach........then only others i can think of are loans unless Ross Jenkins is any good?

:thup:

Interesting thing posted on the Watford forum thing by a manure fan.

we (man utd) have just cancelled a deal for a young Serbian lad, apparently off the back of Cleverleys form for Watford...

:lol:

Nothing to do with the Glazer's penny pinching again, then...

Work permit stuff according to Phelan so nowt to do with Cleverley by the sound of it.  I don't think Cleverley is good enough now (or will be in the future) to play week in week out for Man U, from what I've seen off him.

Further to the above a quick scan shows the above clubs have the following England youth internationals

England U16

Sam Magri (Pompey)

http://www.fansonline.net/pompey-fans/mb/view.php?id=3162

England U18

Eddie Oshodi (Watford)

"Oshodi, has dual nationality, and should the situation arise where he is called up for international duty, he would be forced to choose between Japan and England. Oshodi was born in Japan, but moved to the UK in 1995 when his father was given the job of launching Nintendo's N64 console in the UK in a market that was already dominated by the Sony Playstation"

James Hurst (Pompey)

A versatile defender who made the move to Portsmouth from West Bromwich Albion’s Academy at the end of last season. He is primarily a right-sided full back but can also play on the left if required as he did for the U16s. He captained the team in the 2008 Nordic Tournament and played all three group games in May's U17 Euros.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Aston-Villa-to-make-move-for-Portsmouth-starlet-James-Hurst-article35026.html

England U20

Jordan Parkes (Watford) - GG give info

Ross Jenkins (Waford) - GG - give info

Jordan Parkes is nowhere near good enough for Watford let alone us. Fun fact, my mate had a fight with him in school and put him in hospital. Awesome.

Parkes is fucking shit tbh.

Oshodi is raw, will be a few years, Dale Bennett is atm better.

Ross Jenkins is sexy and has the best name a Watford player could with for.

Work permit stuff according to Phelan so nowt to do with Cleverley by the sound of it.  I don't think Cleverley is good enough now (or will be in the future) to play week in week out for Man U, from what I've seen off him.

I'm not sure, he seems just as good for us as Adam Johnson was. Both have bright futures, as does Lansbury tbh. Cathcart on the other hand is dogshit.

Guest Rob 1988

NUFC boss Hughton back on Leon Cort trail by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

CHRIS HUGHTON will again turn his attention to Stoke City’s Leon Cort in the January transfer window.

The Chronicle understands that under-pressure Hull City boss Phil Brown is edging ahead in the race to sign another Toon target, unsettled Sheffield United defender Matt Kilgallon.

Kilgallon, who is still keen on a move to Tyneside, could be swayed to join the KC Stadium side with the offer of a lucrative deal – and Premier League football.

Hughton attempted to get 30-year-old Cort, brother of ex-Toon striker Carl, on loan earlier this season, but the Potters defender could be available on a cut-price deal during the January transfer window and is unhappy at Stoke.

Hughton is not confident of landing high-profile freebie Sol Campbell despite the fact he is now free to arrange a move to other clubs, with the veteran England defender’s wages a clear stumbling block.

But Cort is one of a number of players that fits the bill for Hughton, and he has had a long-standing interest in the ex-Crystal Palace and Southend defender, as revealed in the Chronicle on September 10.

A United source said today: “Newcastle will have to cut their cloth accordingly again in January.

“There are likely to be some funds available but, like any club, they are not going to show their hand publicly.

“They aren’t likely to get into an auction for Kilgallon either and will not being shelling out mega-money on contracts.

“It’s been so far, so good for Newcastle and, from their point of view, they can work in the loan window when it re-opens after January if they get struck by injuries.

“If Newcastle do get back into the Premier League they know they have will have to make major changes, especially with players likely to move on, as always, in the summer.”

Hughton is also yet to decide on whether to renew the loan deals of Marlon Harewood, Danny Simpson and Zurab Khizanishvili.

However, Simpson is the hot favourite to remain at St James’.

It’s understood that United agreed in principle back on August 14 that they would extend the current loan deal, which expires on January 1, until May if the move was successful.

And with Simpson firmly establishing himself as a first-team regular and fan favourite, Sir Alex Ferguson is said to be privately pleased for the Salford lad and at the moment has no qualms about granting Newcastle’s wish to renew his loan terms.

This would put Newcastle in the box seat to sign the 22-year-old at the end of the season when they will look to offer him a new deal.

Khizanishvili, on the other hand, has lost his place in the team and after being sent off against Doncaster, picking up a three-game ban in the process, meaning his future is not so clear.

And Hughton is hoping to see more from three-goal striker Harewood before making his mind up on the ex-West Ham and Forest man.

Harewood is desperate to stay at Newcastle, but the re-emergence of Shola Ameobi, the form of Andy Carroll and Peter Lovenkrands and the promise of Nile Ranger may see him sent back to his parent club Aston Villa.

and im pretty sure i saw Per Ciljan Skjelbred at the match today watching the match from the corporate area of milburn stand O0

and im pretty sure i saw Per Ciljan Skjelbred at the match today watching the match from the corporate area of milburn stand O0

From what I've heard, you've seen correct. Apparently he was over to watch as a "fan" though.

Short-term-arama.

Id argue that a left winger with 10-ish league goals to his name before xmas in a poor championship side may have a chance of making it in the league above...every club can have  a Bullard man...

From what I've heard, you've seen correct. Apparently he was over to watch as a "fan" though.

I read that he was punched out by some Trønder (the Norwegian equivalent of a Scot) on the piss the other night.