Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'd definitely take Addison.  Captain material apparently.

He's very injury prone though. I'm fed up of having players like that here

Guest Brazilianbob

This is just Kilgallons agent and Sheff utd trying to up the ante hoping NUFC will come in with an improved offer in terms of a transfer fee for the club and big wages the agent can leech from.  Provided nobody else comes in and if Sheff utd slip further out of the play off spots then I imagine he will sign for us towards the end of Jan unless we turn our sights elswhere.

One possibility is that NUFC have decided they don't want to pay anything for him at all and will simply attempt to sign him in June for nothing, with the offer of signing for us as an EPL team being the dangling carrot.  That scenario has all the hallmarks of a deal brokered by Ashley and Llambias.

what it is with kilgallon is this, he can get a better deal for himself at the end of the season, if sheffield united get promoted he can sign a nice new premier league contract with a healthy signing on fee and mouth i was always comitted to the club blah blah blah if they dont hes out of contract and can negotiate a sizeable wage for himself with a premier league club with sizeable wage and signing on fee due to him being a free transfer

Ah, just read it. Wonder what put him off?

Probably didn't get any assurances on a first team place. Would be good news for us if it means Colo and Taylor stay.

:thup:

rather we give Kadar the limited chances anyway. not bothered at all..

Ah, just read it. Wonder what put him off?

I would guess at wages

Probably taking a chance on getting bigger wages in summer when he will be a free agent

Lovenkrands held out for the same reason and realised soon enough that the grass isn't always greener...we aren't desperate for the signature in any case, let's wait for the summer and screw his club for the transfer fee.

Guest Roger Kint

He can sign pre contract 1st April i beleive

I'm sure you can sign a pre-contract 6 months before your current deal expires.

Thats for players from other countries, domestic deals are 3 months i think

Guest Roger Kint

Not with an english club ?

I thought you could negotiate with foreign clubs

How exactly is Sheffield foreign? :undecided:

Who's going to realistically loan someone out to be a backup?  I thought the whole point of loaning out a player was to get him some games?

depends on the player's age i'd think, if for example wenger loaned us wilshire (i wish) then he'd expect him to play almost every week, but fat sam loaning us zurab is more an attempt to get rid of the player permanently and get his wage of the bill

I was not to fussed really, I think Kadar can be broguht on to do a great job, its just annoying when its a target the club want and they choose to stay where they are.

im not bothered myself, get zurab back on loan if we need another cb rather than spend money on someone who probably wont be good enough next season like leon court, I'm sure Zurab will be happy to return and then in the summer pick up killgallon on a free

I was not to fussed really, I think Kadar can be broguht on to do a great job, its just annoying when its a target the club want and they choose to stay where they are.

im not bothered myself, get zurab back on loan if we need another cb rather than spend money on someone who probably wont be good enough next season like leon court, I'm sure Zurab will be happy to return and then in the summer pick up killgallon on a free

Zurab is shite.

Zurab is shite.

so is every other cb killgallon apart we've been linked too, at least zurab will be gone in the summer if we get him on loan again so we wont be stuck with him and he'd do for backup