Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

If signing Beckford meant we'd definitely go up then i'd go for him, even if it was for a few million and he's not up to it in the Premiership. Not that we're interested, as Hughton's alluded to.

In all honesty - i wouldn't be too bothered if we didn't go for a striker in January. Harewood will be gone and Shola will be back; i just desperately hope the injury doesn't mean it's going to take him a year of football to get back to anything like full fitness. I wouldn't be bothered if we didn't sign anyone (well, we ought to extend Simpson's loan like). The most important thing is not letting anyone go.

Guest JamesyJazz

What thoughts on a decent defensive midfield player who can string the play from a defensive pass and turn it into an attacking,defense splitting match winner.

Or is that just too much to ask being a Championship side?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1228121/Newcastle-weighing-bid-Portugal-Under-21-star-Ukra.html?ITO=1490

Newcastle weighing up bid for Portugal Under 21 star Ukra

Last updated at 11:51 PM on 15th November 2009

Newcastle are trailing Portugal Under 21 forward Ukra.

Scouts watched the versatile winger impress with his skill and pace against England Under 21s at Wembley on Saturday.

Ukra, who came through Porto’s youth system, plays for Olhanense. They are managed by former Charlton and Portugal defender Jorge Costa.

:lol:

I've got a feeling we'll get Reo Coker next summer. Not based on anything in particular.

To be honest I think he's a very decent player at that level, but you probably need some more creative spark in the midfield. If his relationship with O'Neill is as bad as I have heard he would be very gettable, though, and still has the best years of his career on him.

Compared to Olhanense we'd be a hell of a step up.

I know nothing of the player, but I'd assume that if he's any good then other teams will be watching him too. And as long as they're willing to pay more than about £3.40 we're buggered.

Guest Heneage

Compared to Olhanense we'd be a hell of a step up.

I know nothing of the player, but I'd assume that if he's any good then other teams will be watching him too. And as long as they're willing to pay more than £3.40 we're buggered.

You can never know with young players like this, some players slip under the radar.