Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

Guest Roger Kint

Nice comments after it ;D

Type his name into youtube, have no sound on this PC so not sure whats going on with them playing at a parks pitch ;D

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/10/22/newcastle-united-eyeing-joakim-rudolfsen-72703-24988395/

Some Norweigan 3rd division player ( :harry:) apparently going to sign.  :mackems:

Kaizero is a Mo fan isn't he?  Or one of the Scandanavians.

I'm from Mo originally, so aye, that's me.

He's more than good enough on a Norwegian level, but I highly doubt he'll be brought in as a first team player mind, he's an interesting prospect though so I'd not be dissapointed having him get better in our reserves as he'll probably not cost a single penny to bring over. Definiately would be a good prospect for the future.

Personally I think the only thing making people mock the possibility of getting a youngster in for nowt is that he may, or may not, have been spotted by Dennis Wise, or the delusion that he'll be brought in to start in the first team.

Comments from the local paper:

http://www.ranablad.no/sport/mo-magasinet/article4660462.ece

Rudolfsen himself has just found out about what the paper writes. He says it comes as a surprise.

- If this is correct, it's surprising. But I don't take anything for granted. I've not yet been contacted by Newcastle, and this comes from out of the blue. If it should be correct, it's very exciting.

He remains focused on the next Mo IL match, then time will tell what happens.

- The match this weekend is by far the most important in my mind right now, it's the only thing I'm thinking about. What happens after this, time will tell. If it should turn out to be true, of course I would want to go. It's a chance you only get once, he says.

Chopra, a left winger and a couple of loans would see me happy.

We won't spend Chopra money.

We wont spend it

They wont accept it

Even if both those miracles happen he will struggle if we go up

;D

Short term gain though, he would get us up with his goal threat in this division.

He cost £5m? They would want far more.  :idiot2:

Think it could be a case of if we went in for him then he would force a move tbh.

Guest Roger Kint

Chopra, a left winger and a couple of loans would see me happy.

We won't spend Chopra money.

We wont spend it

They wont accept it

Even if both those miracles happen he will struggle if we go up

;D

Short term gain though, he would get us up with his goal threat in this division.

He cost £5m? They would want far more.  :idiot2:

Think it could be a case of if we went in for him then he would force a move tbh.

Yeah ok...........

Comments from the local paper:

http://www.ranablad.no/sport/mo-magasinet/article4660462.ece

Rudolfsen himself has just found out about what the paper writes. He says it comes as a surprise.

- If this is correct, it's surprising. But I don't take anything for granted. I've not yet been contacted by Newcastle, and this comes from out of the blue. If it should be correct, it's very exciting.

He remains focused on the next Mo IL match, then time will tell what happens.

- The match this weekend is by far the most important in my mind right now, it's the only thing I'm thinking about. What happens after this, time will tell. If it should turn out to be true, of course I would want to go. It's a chance you only get once, he says.

He has a fan club on Facebook :lol:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/group.php?gid=154067839078&ref=mf

was listening to interview other night poss on BBC Radio Newcastle lowes enquiring  about how Hughton checked on loan signings, sure he said via video as one of the ways of checking them,are we back to Youtube as was mentioned previously. if so then nowts changed.

was listening to interview other night poss on BBC Radio Newcastle lowes enquiring  about how Hughton checked on loan signings, sure he said via video as one of the ways of checking them,are we back to Youtube as was mentioned previously. if so then nowts changed.

Scouts and agents often have videos of players, usually a few hours long. For example, Sven in his first summer at City signed all his players based on videos he'd seen of them.

Manchester United starlet Danny Simpson ready to quit Old Trafford

Danny Simpson is hoping to emulate former Manchester United enforcer Nicky Butt and forge a successful career at St James' Park.

The 22-year-old is on loan at Newcastle until January – the fifth such deal of his career – as his opportunities at Old Trafford continue to be limited by their glut of right-backs.

His move to the North East, however, appears to have kick-started his career, earning him rave reviews in his short spell there with his tenacious displays.

And just as Butt was forced to five years ago, the Salford-born defender acknowledges he may have to leave United for regular football.

Simpson said: “If there was an opportunity for me to stay at Newcastle then of course I would listen, because I’m not sure I would get these opportunities at United.

“I look at someone like Nicky Butt who is a big figure here at Newcastle - he has won medals, played at the highest level and not looked back since he left Manchester United.

“He’s definitely someone I would talk with to get his advice because he’s made a success of his move. I’ve been at United since I was nine and it would be hard to leave, but I’m 22 now and want to play regular football and kick-start my career.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-United-starlet-Danny-Simpson-ready-to-quit-Old-Trafford-article201351.html

I reckon we should just sell Jonas and use the money to buy Kris Commons, that Skjelbred fella and a right winger who can cross the ball.

That would address the creativity problem we have whilst adding a bit of pace to the side.

I think we can still sign players on loan until the end of November so could we not loan some of the Norwegian players we keep getting linked with every transfer window with their season about to finish (e.g. Per Ciljan Skjelbred, Erik Huseklepp) like Boro have done with St Ledger?

Manchester United starlet Danny Simpson ready to quit Old Trafford

Danny Simpson is hoping to emulate former Manchester United enforcer Nicky Butt and forge a successful career at St James' Park.

The 22-year-old is on loan at Newcastle until January the fifth such deal of his career as his opportunities at Old Trafford continue to be limited by their glut of right-backs.

His move to the North East, however, appears to have kick-started his career, earning him rave reviews in his short spell there with his tenacious displays.

And just as Butt was forced to five years ago, the Salford-born defender acknowledges he may have to leave United for regular football.

Simpson said: If there was an opportunity for me to stay at Newcastle then of course I would listen, because Im not sure I would get these opportunities at United.

I look at someone like Nicky Butt who is a big figure here at Newcastle - he has won medals, played at the highest level and not looked back since he left Manchester United.

Hes definitely someone I would talk with to get his advice because hes made a success of his move. Ive been at United since I was nine and it would be hard to leave, but Im 22 now and want to play regular football and kick-start my career.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-United-starlet-Danny-Simpson-ready-to-quit-Old-Trafford-article201351.html

Yeah Butt's made such a success of his move...he's managed to get two different sides relegated in the space of three years :lol: