Blackpool vs Newcastle United Pre-Match thread - 16/09/09 - 19:45 KO

ElDiablo

Harper

Simpson   Taylor  Colo   Enrique

R Taylor  Guthrie  Barton    Løvenkrands

Nolan

Ranger

I'd go for this, but I can't see Butt not slotting in as captain. Hughton doesn't have to balls to continue to have him on the bench!

This will be the team IMO:

Harper

Simpson      Taylor    Coloccini      Enrique

Butt

Guthrie

Taylor                                            Barton

Nolan

Ranger

0-3

If Carroll couldnt even make Sub today he wont be starting in 3 days.

Carroll returned to training last week, i think they've just given him a few extras day training so he'll be ok for Wednesday, if he's not back he'll definately be back for next weekend against Plymouth

ffs the Nicky Butt bashing on here is getting to be a tiresome joke, we've seen the standard of this league, Nicky Butt will cruise his way through games against the likes of Blackpool and Plymouth.  Christ you'd think he was a reincarnation of Fumaca the way he gets slated on here.

ffs the Nicky Butt bashing on here is getting to be a tiresome joke, we've seen the standard of this league, Nicky Butt will cruise his way through games against the likes of Blackpool and Plymouth.  Christ you'd think he was a reincarnation of Fumaca the way he gets slated on here.

Not really, Peterbrough were a fine example of what will happen if Nicky Butt gets a game.

Not really, Peterbrough were a fine example of what will happen if Nicky Butt gets a game.

Peterbrough?  what have they got to do with anything,  we haven't played them yet.

Peterbrough?  what have they got to do with anything,  we haven't played them yet.

Ment to say Huddersfield, my bad  :blush:

Butt for Smith is the only change i can see to our starting line up.  :undecided:

I never thought I'd say this but I'd prefer to see Geremi in our starting lineup!?!  :kasper:

I meant that as in that's what i think hughton will do. I'd stick Lovenkrands uptop with Ranger myself. Nolan and Barton in cm.

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m3/oct2007/9/2/7EB31B67-D442-1AB2-C16807F87832E16C.jpg

:(

This is the greatest display of athleticism in his Newcastle career.

Blackpool away will be an interesting experience for some of the first-timers in this division, but I would honestly expect us to win quite easily.

Harper

Simpson   Taylor  Colo   Enrique

R Taylor  Guthrie  Barton    Løvenkrands

Nolan

Ranger

I know Loven is better up-front but this is the best we could ask for to be honest.  It keeps Butt out of the squad and we keep a bit of pace/vision in the squad along with being able to keep a 4-4-2 situation.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Same starting eleven as today, only with Butt to replace Smith. We're only at 7th game and we're already forced to play with no turnover at all. Can anyone tell me what the f*** are we waiting to bring some loans in? I guess Ashley is only looking for players whose wage is totally paid by their club...

I agree about the Nicky Butt bashing on here. It is childish and unneccessary and those who partake presumably have the football knowledge of an ameoba.

Butt will replace Smith in the holding role and do well. My concern is this game coming so quickly for Ranger. The lad looked stuffed playing up front on his own and I hope that either Carroll is fit to come in or Hughton playes Lovenkrands up front alongside the kid.

Anyway, Blackpool on a nice summer wednesday evening, should be a nice setting for another close victory or at the very least, a decent away draw.

Lovenkrands should be up front and nowhere else

Disagree for the simple reason that playing Lövenkrands on the wing would keep Butt out of the team.

Yep, that's my thinking behind it as well. Would sooner have Barton CM & Lovenkrands LM with Nolan off a striker, than Butt CM, Barton LM, and Lovenkrands up front.

Am I the only one who'd put Geremi in the midfield ahead of Butt?

R Taylor   Guthrie   Barton   Geremi

Nolan  Lovenkrands

Anyone defending Nicky Butt's selection needs a f***ing slap, he makes the team worse just by being on the pitch