ElDiablo

Guest toonlass

Harper

Simpson                Colo          Taylor             Enrique

Taylor ®        Guthrie          Butt                   Barton

Nolan

Carroll

Is the team

NUFC: Steve Harper, Danny Simpson, Steven Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini, Jose Enrique, Ryan Taylor, Nicky Butt ©, Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton, Danny Guthrie, Andy Carroll

Subs: Tim Krul, Tamas Kadar, Geremi, Ryan Donaldson, Kazenga LuaLua, Nile Ranger, Peter Lovenkrands

Harper

Simpson                Colo          Taylor             Enrique

Taylor ®        Guthrie          Butt                   Barton

Nolan

Carroll

Is the team

Cheers, wouldn't have known if you hadn't posted it.

Carroll walking straight back in.  :rolleyes:

What's with the roll eyes?  :lol:

Ranger is knackered playing up front on his own for a while now.  It's not favouritism bringing Carroll back in, just common sense, otherwise we are going to be static up top.

Plus, Carroll was playing well before he got injured, he wins all his headers and is more experienced than Ranger.

I'm not entirely convinced with Carroll's hold up play compared to Ranger's. In the situation we are, with a lone striker, it's much more effective than having a player like AC who is good in the air but has no one to knock it on to.

Butt shouldn't be anywhere near the team either, regardless of injuries. He was over the hill about 18 months ago, God knows why he's still playing football at this level.

I'm not entirely convinced with Carroll's hold up play compared to Ranger's. In the situation we are, with a lone striker, it's much more effective than having a player like AC who is good in the air but has no one to knock it on to.

Butt shouldn't be anywhere near the team either, regardless of injuries. He was over the hill about 18 months ago, God knows why he's still playing football at this level.

:lol: I'm as sick of Nicky Butt being in the team as the next person, but "at this level"  :lol:

:lol: I'm as sick of Nicky Butt being in the team as the next person, but "at this level"  :lol:

Yes, at this level. He was fucking shambolic against Huddersfield - needlessly clattering the opposition and passing like he had a club foot. And they're not even 'at this level'.

He's lost his attributes, both physical and mental.

Very harsh on Ranger, even though he looked knackered on Sunday. If we want Carroll back, Butt or Nolan should have been the sacrifice, not Ranger.

:lol:

No sense keeping him out there if he's knackered, he'll have a better chance of making an impact coming on for the last 30 minutes.

If Carroll plays shite and starts the next game, then there'll be reason to be annoyed.