Blackpool vs Newcastle United Pre-Match thread - 16/09/09 - 19:45 KO

ElDiablo

Guest ItalianMagpie

Why do some people get nervous about playing some of these teams, we have only dropped 2 points and conceeded 1 goal and played some of the so called "better" clubs this league has to offer there should be no game we go into this season not thinking we can win, we palyed WBA probably the hardest game we are gonna have and drew.

We should hammer these tomorrow 0-3 Happy Dayzzzz :clap2:

Well,

1- we're lacking of strikers;

2-this is only the 8th game (out of 46) and we cannot do any turnover already;

3-Boro (btw, that's the hardest away game and we still have to play it...) and WBA are always winning as well, but they have larger squads: apparently we cannot lose points.

4-Club's situation is still stuck, and the longer it takes to move forward the more likely it is that players get annoyed and lose their motivation.

5-We only dropped 2 points and conceded 1 goal but with WBA we need to thank God and Krul (in this order...) for coming out with a draw, and we didn't exactly hammer Wednesday and Leicester at home, did we?. Finnally, with Cardiff we won again, but we played awfully again.

Too many points to be so optimistic Filflop :nope:

The fact that we played awful against the best teams in the division and still came away with victories gives all the more reason to be optimistic tbh. In theory, we could be dogturd against Blackpool and still turn em over.

We'll probably squeeze through this one, then with a bit of luck make a real statement by caining Plymouth at the weekend.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I think if the pitch is big and Nile has some space to manouevour, he will bag his goal in this one. If it's a tiny pitch again and the pace is frantic and sloppy, he will probably still score. I've just got a feeling he will score this time.

I'm not so optermistic. We've been lucky to score in the last couple of games with Nolan likely to be still out of breath from sunday I'm struggling to see who'll stick one in tbh, especially with the other midfielders likely to be covering for the usless Butt all game. I'd like to see Carroll and Lovenkrands start this one but I doubt it'll happen

I believe Blackpool have an impressive away record which may work against them in their home games. I haven't seen them play but I'm guessing they aren't a side that is able to force the game which may or not work in our favour depending on our approach. I said earlier that I'd be happy with a draw which could be seen as a decent result considering we're away from home and have a few players missing, however I've changed my mind. How many times do you hear people say "They're bound to lose sooner or later"? I don't see any reason why we shouldn't win the game. We have a better team and we're confident, not to mention the fact we've already played teams regarded as the better teams in the league and haven't had trouble in any of them.

Every single match thread someone said, "this is the game we're going to be undone, will be hard, lose 1-2". Everytime someone said that we've won. So let it continue, this game we're going to be undone, will be hard, think we're going to lose 1-2.

GO NEWCASTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Haris Vuckic

At the end of the day we know we can play well and outclass the majority of teams in the division but at the moment even when we play relatively poor we are still picking up results.

I wouldn't mind going to most away matches, playing shit and coming away with a 1-0 victory if it was a means to an end.

When everybody is fit and we get some additional loan signings I think we will really start to perform.

On a slightly off topic note, it's great to see us taking so many away. I've just watched Boro's highlights at Sheffield, and I hope there's more at my funeral, all blue seats, they have truly horrendous support, but you can gurantee they'll come flooding back if they go up.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I think being shit and knowing it encourages a lot of people to go who haven't been bothered in a while , obviously some people are fed up and wont go home or away but a lot of people know it's good crack and look forward to it!

On a slightly off topic note, it's great to see us taking so many away. I've just watched Boro's highlights at Sheffield, and I hope there's more at my funeral, all blue seats, they have truly horrendous support, but you can gurantee they'll come flooding back if they go up.

To be honest they have a terrible away following even when in the Premier League.

To be honest they have a terrible away following even when in the Premier League.

Aye but it will  be like these no mark teams like Stoke who when they come to the big time fill the home ground and make out like they are loyal to the end.

Guest Roger Kint

To be honest they have a terrible following even when in the Premier League.

FYP

Well, I'm going to this and we never win when I go...so chances are that were gonna lose.

Then again every game weve had Ive predicted we'll be undone and lose, so I'm going to predict that too here.

So, stay at home for the sake of the club... ;-)

Guest prestonj1989

There was over 3,500 boro fans at the match last night. Quite good especially for a midweek game.

The run will end at some point, its not going to be easy tonight, Smith out is a massive blow Butt is nowhere near as mobile and we will be a lot less covered at the back with no Captain Al doing his job infront of the back four.

The run will end at some point, its not going to be easy tonight, Smith out is a massive blow Butt is nowhere near as mobile and we will be a lot less covered at the back with no Captain Al doing his job infront of the back four.

I still think we'll win if we play the same side with Butt in for SMith, would like to see Lovenkrands start but maybe best not to change a winning team, itll be nice to have him and Carrol on the Bench.

What a difference a few matches makes, most on this forum classed Smith as a liability and most were calling for him to be sold, now we feel lost without him playing. Myself included.

What a difference a few matches makes, most on this forum classed Smith as a liability and most were calling for him to be sold, now we feel lost without him playing. Myself included.

He really has proved with worth like, funny as he was enver seen by anyone as that type of player, striker ACM by most yet we all thought he was shite as eaith but as a DCM he is class, shows great dedication to the role.

Totally agree, very pleased with his desire and passion for the club. Long may it continue.

He really has proved with worth like, funny as he was enver seen by anyone as that type of player, striker ACM by most yet we all thought he was s**** as eaith but as a DCM he is class, shows great dedication to the role.