Blackpool 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 16/09/09 - post match reaction from page 23

Dave

The other thing about this that could work against us is, it shows the rest of the league that we are far from unbeatable. I think to some extent the opposition has been a little in awe of us these season, now there should be no fear if little Blackpool can beat us, really anyone can.

Bad, bad, day. Yes the unbeaten run had to end sometime and it's only one loss but could have big implications for the rest of the season. We've got 3 games left this month against teams that havge been struggling, we should be expecting 9 points from that, if not we could struggle to keep up with Brom and Boro, who look the class in this division atm.

One game ffs, put your razors away and stop acting like we're gonna get relegated now.

Normal service will be resumed on Saturday.  Smith back and a good 3-0 win.

More positivity like this is needed.

And it'll be 3 points from two crap teams (if we even win on Saturday.

Sounded pretty s***.

Anyway, we've probably taken more points from our previous games than we've deserved to so I guess there can't be many complaints.

Thats true.

Amazed me, TBH.

I'd say we've got double the points the performances deserved.

The sheer idiocy of not getting players in Sep 1st will be shown more stark as the months pass, though.

Guest Stephen927

One game ffs, put your razors away and stop acting like we're gonna get relegated now.

Normal service will be resumed on Saturday.  Smith back and a good 3-0 win.

More positivity like this is needed.

So we can't complain when we lose and play s***?

Oh yey we lost!

Any better?

I didn't say that.

This loss was coming for a long time. We've done better than most expected, but the Championship is a tough league I said that before the season kicked off but many people seemed to think it was all going to be easy after a couple of good results.

Not nice to lose this game but lets now look to Plymouth, theres still a lot of games to go.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

By the way it's particularly wank that we lost from a winning position. We should be able to press home advantages in this league.

we went 1-0 down and then equalised, and then let ANOTEHR GOAL IN. WHERE IS THERR WINNING POSITION YOU CLAIM WEA RERRFSD DACFAFCAFAVA

Watch all the whingers, whiners and moaners come heading back to the board now.....

Of course, good performance, and nothing TO complain about, eh ?  :rolleyes:

It does, :iamatwat:

geremi, wtf how time was he offside. this guy looks like a tramp trying to impersonate a footballer  :facepalm:

Racist, black tramps don't exist

seriously its scary that this guy gets paid around 50k, he's on so much money thats why we cant get rid of him, think he only has this season left in his contract though.

Poor performance and hopefully a reality check. This side's shortcomings were there in blazing glory tonight - very little creativity, no pace, no Plan B and a manager more concerned with not losing a game, than trying to win it. Had he been brave in the first place, it may have well been different. If you instill fear in the players (of going to places like Blackpool) - is it any wonder this goes and happens?

As well as Hughton has done so far - he's not the man for the job fulltime, regardless of what the senior players say. Older fans will remember a certain Richard Dinnis and what happened there.....

geremi, wtf how time was he offside. this guy looks like a tramp trying to impersonate a footballer  :facepalm:

seriously its scary that this guy gets paid around 50k, he's on so much money thats why we cant get rid of him, think he only has this season left in his contract though.

Sounded like one of our best players once he came on tbh.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Is this the last of his extended years? I hope to fuck he hasn't got another option to extend his contract**

I was talking about Butt ffs, Butt on the brain

Cheers Hughton.

That's the most infuriating thing, it was an unncessesary loss.

Yep. Thats whats so annoying for me. Barton seemed to be running the show and was taken off. Hughton didnt seem to make a good decision all night. Maybe starting Carroll, but thats about it.

were you listening to radio  newcastle,real fm or newcastle world ? barton seemed poor on radio newcastle.

I didn't hear or see any of the game so take what I say with a pinch of salt. But If you are chasing a game, why take off players likely to score or create from midfield such as Guthrie and Barton and leave on someone like Butt, who's reappearance in the first team has coincided with us losing a game. Coincidence or not ?

By the way it's particularly w*** that we lost from a winning position. We should be able to press home advantages in this league.

we went 1-0 down and then equalised, and then let ANOTEHR GOAL IN. WHERE IS THERR WINNING POSITION YOU CLAIM WEA RERRFSD DACFAFCAFAVA

No, we went 1-0 UP and threw it away due to a defensive error to a crock just before half time.

How much does it cost to have someone killed nowadays?

I'm sure we could scrape something together. Who knows, if we find a Geordie hitman he might even cut the price since it's wor Nicky.

Cheers Hughton.

That's the most infuriating thing, it was an unncessesary loss.

Yep. Thats whats so annoying for me. Barton seemed to be running the show and was taken off. Hughton didnt seem to make a good decision all night. Maybe starting Carroll, but thats about it.

were you listening to radio  newcastle,real fm or newcastle world ? barton seemed poor on radio newcastle.

5Live Extra. They were saying he was running the show about 5 mins before he went off. Geremi was getting plenty stick and Butt was hardly mentioned. Its near imposible for us to judge I suppose.