Blackpool 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 16/09/09 - post match reaction from page 23

Dave

Small squad, 3 games in 6 days, fringe players not quite up to it, was always going to end in tears

Summed up perfectly in one sentence.

Nice one  O0

Can I please just remind everyone that Blackpool beat Wigan 4-1 in the cup the other week, a side that included the likes of Scotland and other first-teamers.

This isn't too bad so long as Saturday yields three points. If that is the case, then disaster averted.

Can I please just remind everyone that Blackpool beat Wigan 4-1 in the cup the other week, a side that included the likes of Scotland and other first-teamers.

This isn't too bad so long as Saturday yields three points. If that is the case, then disaster averted.

So fuck? When was the last time the cup reflected league form.

Care to check their league record ?

Hardly outstanding.

WBA and Boro will turn them over without breaking sweat.

Curse of the manager of the month award.

The thing is not just that we lost, but by all accounts we got dominated ... by Blackpool. Butt comes back and all of a sudden we are being dominated by Blackpool. We've been coasting against everyone this season. The return of the Butt face quickly put an end to it though. Here we freakin' go again!

Small squad, 3 games in 6 days, fringe players not quite up to it, was always going to end in tears

Summed up perfectly in one sentence.

Nice one  O0

What fringe players? We played our 'best' team, LuaLua should've played (maybe even Vuckic).

that game was seriously gay  :kinnear:

lets be honest we do have a very thin squad,  but for fuck sake play the youngsters, i know we aint got many fucking wingers in the senior team but give the young guns a chance, 

barton and taylor are not widemen for fucksake, 

gay shit  :facepalm:

Guest Stephen927

No no Pilko, after a loss you have to always look at the negatives, never the positives.

No no Pilko, after a loss you have to always look at the negatives, never the positives.

Positives of a defeat hardly outweigh the negatives in this case tbh.

It's bad in terms of confidence, two good runs being broke, our manager making poor decisions, losing the lead in the table and showing our weakness.

The thing is not just that we lost, but by all accounts we got dominated ... by Blackpool. Butt comes back and all of a sudden we are being dominated by Blackpool. We've been coasting against everyone this season. The return of the Butt face quickly put an end to it though. Here we freakin' go again!

Bollocks.

Your reasoning is a little suspect

There needs to BE positives first.

geremi, wtf how time was he offside. this guy looks like a tramp trying to impersonate a footballer  :facepalm:

Racist, black tramps don't exist

seriously its scary that this guy gets paid around 50k, he's on so much money thats why we cant get rid of him, think he only has this season left in his contract though.

Sounded like one of our best players once he came on tbh.

hahaha!

geremi, wtf how time was he offside. this guy looks like a tramp trying to impersonate a footballer  :facepalm:

seriously its scary that this guy gets paid around 50k, he's on so much money thats why we cant get rid of him, think he only has this season left in his contract though.

hahaha!

He's probably right tbf. Whether it was Geremi himself or the change of shape, the second we brought Geremi and Lovenkrands on and had two 'wingers' on the pitch, we upped the game significantly.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

hahaha!

That's gay, it's like a man kissing another man on the penis repeatedly until he explodes. Gay shit.

It just shows that we won't win every game in this league but no need to panic. Plymouth are the ideal opponents the form they are in and we can put a few past them at the weekend, without too much fuss.

It also shows that Alan Smith is irreplacable. He's the one player we can't do without. He's been the best player on the pitch every game and needs to be wrapped in cotton wool. His red card cost us because we'd never have lost that, with him on the pitch.

So fuck? When was the last time the cup reflected league form.

Did I say at any point that was the case? Holloway clearly knows how to get his team fired up for the bigger games, and obviously they have some quality in the side if they can turn over a decentish team like Wigan with relative ease.

I also love it how everyone has jumped on me here for that post because I've used rational thought and explained how this situation could become positive using understandable prose. :lol:

hahaha!

That's gay, it's like a man kissing another man on the penis repeatedly until he explodes. Gay shit.

be quiet gaylord

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Dissapointing, yes, but a loss was always coming. On of the few things on the good side was I heard Carroll had a good game, which should give him a confidence boost for Saturday