Blackpool 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 16/09/09 - post match reaction from page 23

Dave

Today's football is all about the pace and to start with a midfield of 4 CM's Butt, Nolan, Guthrie, Barton and Ryan Taylor is fucking suicidal! Maybe they work hard but with their creative ability it's like watching a paint dry. I agree 100% with all Butt critics but to be honest it's not all down to one man for sure! However...it can't be a coinsidence that immediately when Butt came back performances went from decent to worse. 

I haven't seen the game so can't really comment but one of the things that always annoys me very very much is the fact that Hughton doesn't seem to understand when we've performed poorly. His Mr. Nice guy attitude infuriates me the most and the thing Krul said last week...I can't agree more with him as Hughton keeps licking the arses of the more "experienced" players such Butt and Nolan and what they have done to derserve their place in the starting line-up? Not reputation wise but perfomance wise and for like last 10 matches?

Did anyone commenting in this thread go to the game?

Genuine question.

A few did. Most didn't.

Cant be arsed to trawl back through but i didnt notice many that stood out. Lad on TT who was at the match said Butt had a great first half, faded after 60 minutes and looked a bit shit thereafter.

Guest icemanblue

Ah, right, i'm with you.  I always just assumed people were posting from their seats. How else would they form such strongly held opinions?

That's true of nearly every match thread on here.

It's half the point of the forum at all tbh.

You what now?

Most people on this forum use it because they can't get to games on a regular basis.

Most people on this forum were watching the matches last season, no matter where they were.

This season they're not.

You what now?

Most people on this forum use it because they can't get to games on a regular basis.

Most people on this forum were watching the matches last season, no matter where they were.

This season they're not.

This forum would be very quiet if only the 1,800 at the time were allowed to comment on the match.

You what now?

This season they're not.

This forum would be very quiet if only the 1,800 at the time were allowed to comment on the match.

Difference between commenting and blaming defeat on a player/manager's tactics.

You what now?

This season they're not.

People listened on the radio, it gives you an idea of what's going on.  And when you hear 'foul by Butt' every two mins you start to sense it may be a case deja vu.

You what now?

This season they're not.

People listened on the radio, it gives you an idea of what's going on.  And when you hear 'foul by Butt' every two mins you start to sense it may be a case deja vu.

Yeah, i'd agree it gives you a sense of whats going on but thats about it. If you then claim he is to blame for the defeat, i'd question your mental faculties.

You what now?

This season they're not.

Yeah, i'd agree it gives you a sense of whats going on but thats about it. If you then claim he is to blame for the defeat, i'd question your mental faculties.

You just seem to be having a go at people for the sake of it; not everyone went to the game, we know! Get over yourself.

Theres more than enough information going on to get a fair grasp of whats happening.

Individually noticing what players are doing off the ball is the main thing you're unaware of not watching.

Outside of that its a process of elimination isnt it. Butt plays, the opposition manages to find more space to fire shots in from outside the area. 2+2 =

The number of times the commentators said "here's Nicky Butt, tries to play it forward, can't do so" was unreal.

:lol: Yes, lets discuss the various interpretations of what could have been happening during the commentary.

Obviously that could mean that Butt actually played the ball forwards and it went out or went to an opposition player, or that Butt looked up and was about to play a forward ball before being closed down and passing sideways or backwards.

I'm not one of the people saying he's wholly responsible for last nights loss, but by the sound of things he was a part of it, along with the rest of the midfield.

Theres more than enough information going on to get a fair grasp of whats happening.

Individually noticing what players are doing off the ball is the main thing you're unaware of not watching.

Outside of that its a process of elimination isnt it. Butt plays, the opposition manages to find more space to fire shots in from outside the area. 2+2 =

I would argue that 'individually noticing' what players are doing on the ball is a bit tricky too.