The Not-so-Untouchable Nicky Butt

Decky

Those who thought Nicky Butt would do well tonight need a slap. He's got nothing, absolutely nothing

Any semi-regular place for him in the team will give us no chance of promotion

How on earth can you come on here and say that when you haven't even been there and watched the game,  you have no idea if he played well or not.

How is that relevant?

lucky for me I've seen every minute of 85% of the games from the last 2 seasons, and know he's dogshite, not fit for sunday league

Would rather Geremi played. They're both too slow and rather limited but Geremi has an ounce of quality in him and offers the occasional decent shot and decent cross or pass.

i've been saying this for 15 months, I cannot understand how Butt gets the nod ahead of him

Those who thought Nicky Butt would do well tonight need a slap. He's got nothing, absolutely nothing

Any semi-regular place for him in the team will give us no chance of promotion

How on earth can you come on here and say that when you haven't even been there and watched the game,  you have no idea if he played well or not.

How is that relevant?

lucky for me I've seen every minute of 85% of the games from the last 2 seasons, and know he's dogshite, not fit for sunday league

you are saying people need a slap thinking he would play well,  you weren't there so you don't know if he was good bad or indifferent! 

85% bit of a odd % of games you've seen!

Whether he played respectively tonight or not means nothing. We have all seen more than enough evidence to suggest he really is utterly useless.

this thread wouldn't even be happening if we'd won tonight but the idiots on here have to find a scapegoat and seeing that Butt's came in and we've lost its all his fault!!!

Don't get me wrong i wouldn't have him in the team if i was picking it but the reaction to Butt on here is just mental and completely OTT.

This. :thup:

Whether he played respectively tonight or not means nothing. We have all seen more than enough evidence to suggest he really is utterly useless.

this thread wouldn't even be happening if we'd won tonight but the idiots on here have to find a scapegoat and seeing that Butt's came in and we've lost its all his fault!!!

Don't get me wrong i wouldn't have him in the team if i was picking it but the reaction to Butt on here is just mental and completely OTT.

This. :thup:

Anyone who defends Butt in any way is a mackem in disguise. Mods get your fingers out.

He has been a central figure in the decline of Newcastle United among other things and I'm thinking of just driving up and down outside his house at 90mph doing handbrake turns at each end hopin to catch the fucker on the way to training.

Well now he's back you will be swiftly reminded of the player he is. I'm sure Hughton will put him staright back in there no questions asked.

I guarantee you'll be crying your eyes out about this in a couple of weeks. You just wait.

Guest Slippery Sam

Well, it's the first major decision time for Houghton on Saturday - stick with Butt, or bring back Smith. I think I know what the vast majority of NUFC supporters would vote. Managership time now, Chris.

Well, it's the first major decision time for Houghton on Saturday - stick with Butt, or bring back Smith. I think I know what the vast majority of NUFC supporters would vote. Managership time now, Chris.

it's not an either/or but wether he plays both. i don't think he will.

You don't?

2-1 down today, he brings off Barton and leaves Butt on.

Whose more likely to get a goal, or create on, out of those two?

Add in the fact that it's Butt's first start this season.

Honestly reckon the likes of Butt, Nolan, Smith and Harper have a hand in picking the team.

Smith will partner Butt in CM at the weekend, nailed on.

You don't?

Honestly reckon the likes of Butt, Nolan, Smith and Harper have a hand in picking the team.

who was playing better on the night ? do you know ?

tbf barton has been as poor as butt in his time here.

You don't?

No, obviously.

But one is a 34 year old "holding midfielder" who had about 20 minutes of football under his belt all season.

The other is someone who actually possesses some ability in terms of making something happen in attack, even if he has looked disinterested at times.

If you need a goal then I know which one I'm leaving on the pitch.

You don't?

No, obviously.

But one is a 34 year old "holding midfielder" who had about 20 minutes of football under his belt all season.

The other is someone who actually possesses some ability in terms of making something happen in attack, even if he has looked disinterested at times.

If you need a goal then I know which one I'm leaving on the pitch.

at times ?

understatement of the year contender.

Guest Stephen927

Perhaps the thinking from Hughton was that Butt could sit and hold in the midfield to allow the others to join the attack more often in the closing stages.

9 times out of 10 though I would sacrifice the defensive midfielder for a striker and go from 4-5-1 to 4-4-2, I think most managers would go with that it's textbook stuff.