Newcastle United 3 - 1 Plymouth Argyle - 19/09/09 - post match reaction from p12

Nate

I don't think anyone's saying their numbers were shit (and they were closer to 2,500 aswell, btw). But they all sat and were dull as fuck all match. Who'd travel so far just to sit on their hands all match?

I don't think anyone's saying their numbers were s*** (and they were closer to 2,500 aswell, btw). But they all sat and were dull as f*** all match. Who'd travel so far just to sit on their hands all match?

Probably to watch some football. Just a guess

Guest toonlass

I don't think anyone's saying their numbers were shit (and they were closer to 2,500 aswell, btw). But they all sat and were dull as fuck all match. Who'd travel so far just to sit on their hands all match?

This, the literally sat for all but about 10 minutes of the match. Very quiet. Respect to them for bringing 2000 fans all the way up here, when the likes of Wigan can't even manage to bring a couple of hundred over the Penines but they were quiet. We were chanting "Green Army" at them more than they chanted anything.

Guest toonlass

There were loads of chants of GREEN ARMY outside the ground before and after, mostly from Newcastle fans though :lol:

I bet they are sick of that advert  :lol:

There were loads of chants of GREEN ARMY outside the ground before and after, mostly from Newcastle fans though :lol:

I bet they are sick of that advert  :lol:

Was talking to my mate pre-game who's a Plymouth fan, he says they like it but it's not a plymouth accent it's more Bristolian.

Guest toonlass

The atmosphere was quite good in the upper Gallowgate as well, not sure where all this "shite atmosphere" stuff is coming from.

I heard singing from the Gallowgate today too. Went a bit flat for a while after their goal, but wasn't shite.

Guest The_Scoreboard

It was described by Radio Newcastle as "one of the quietest they've heard St. James' in years." Maybe it was just loud in pockets of the ground but rarely all at the same time?

wouldnt go that far but not as many songs started as usual :no:

I didn't help things with my sore throat and cough tho, apologies to those around me in the gallowgate :undecided:

In spite of any boobs with the performances - it was a really enjoyable game tbh. Decent game of football and Plymouth really went for it. From my lower Gallowgate seat, the banter between the singing section and the away fans looked really good; although their cries of "you're not singing anymore" were just plain incorrect. :lol:

As for the game, we were utterly turd between the 7th minute and the 60th minute (or whenever they scored)... but i wouldn't say 3-1 flattered us. To have only got two goals from the last thirty minutes was harsh tbh.

And to anyone who doesn't think Ranger and Carroll can't work together. There ya go. :smug:  Guthrie down the right, Loven down the left, Carroll/Ranger upfront please. :thup: (Unless Jonas is back).

Who else would you stick down the left like? He can run at players and peg the defense back, which is what he did. He was unspectacular but got himself forward and looked particularly dangerous in the first quarter of the game.