Newcastle United 3 - 1 Plymouth Argyle - 19/09/09 - post match reaction from p12

Nate

He is playing 4-4-1-1 purely so he can acomidate his"big players", Hughton needs to grow a pair and pick a balanced side, with our inform players.

He made three changes from the team beaten by Blackpool; this included dropping Butt. Which big players is he accommodating?

Nolan.

He could play 4-4-2 and accommodate Nolan. What he did was play 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 (imo it was 4-5-1) for 60 minutes and then made the changes that got the win; can't see much wrong with that.

You don't see anything wrong with playing 4-5-1 at home against one of the worst sides in the league? How about playing a striker as a winger and a central midfielder as a second striker then?

He is playing 4-4-1-1 purely so he can acomidate his"big players", Hughton needs to grow a pair and pick a balanced side, with our inform players.

He made three changes from the team beaten by Blackpool; this included dropping Butt. Which big players is he accommodating?

Nolan & Barton, and in order to do so he is playing a stupid formation..

Back four picks itself, Simpson, Taylor, Colo, Jose

Smith is a must in CM, Barton is poor Nolan cannot run, so Guthrie in the middle alongside Smith, Loven on the left and Ryan Taylor on the right, Carroll and Ramger upfront, its not rocket science.

I need to see the Goals . any suggestions?

They'll be on the bbc website from Monday.

Thanks , thats what i was looking for

They're already on now via the iPlayer but I don't think any BBC video is available to you mate with you being abroad. I could be wrong though.

Nolan.

He could play 4-4-2 and accommodate Nolan. What he did was play 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 (imo it was 4-5-1) for 60 minutes and then made the changes that got the win; can't see much wrong with that.

They're only good substitutions if you haven't got the selection wrong in the first place imo.

Smith is a must in CM, Barton is poor Nolan cannot run, so Guthrie in the middle alongside Smith, Loven on the left and Ryan Taylor on the right, Carroll and Ramger upfront, its not rocket science.

He started Guthrie against Blackpool and only subbed him after it went to 2-1.

Nolan.

They're only good substitutions if you haven't got the selection wrong in the first place imo.

Teams will come to SJP set up to deal with 4-4-2 and the need to attack, attack, attack that comes with it (there's no point in 4-4-2 otherwise). As I've said I admire the pragmatism and the result.

It's not just the personnel, it''s also about picking 11 players who will complement each other. No point in picking guthrie if you are going to stick Nolan up front as a result.

I don't think Smith is a must in midfield against most teams in this division tbh.

He subbed him despite him being better than all the midfielders and then dropped him for yesterday despite him being probably the most productive of the 7 players who played in midfield on Wednesday night.

Nolan.

Teams will come to SJP set up to deal with 4-4-2 and the need to attack, attack, attack that comes with it (there's no point in 4-4-2 otherwise). As I've said I admire the pragmatism and the result.

I can't get my head around this post at all.

It's not just the personnel, it''s also about picking 11 players who will complement each other. No point in picking guthrie if you are going to stick Nolan up front as a result.

Accommodating players is solely about the personnel which is what the original point was about; he's picked Guthrie and Butt and dropped both. Seems to me he picks a goal-keeper and back four we all agree with; rotates his midfield except Smith whose inclusion most of us agree with, selects the rest of the midfield to deal with what's in front of them and is willing to change things when it's the right time, as he did yesterday.

Nolan.

It's the wedding plans.

Accommodating players is solely about the personnel which is what the original point was about; he's picked Guthrie and Butt and dropped both. Seems to me he picks a goal-keeper and back four we all agree with; rotates his midfield except Smith whose inclusion most of us agree with, selects the rest of the midfield to deal with what's in front of them and is willing to change things when it's the right time, as he did yesterday.

I think someone already made the point but why play only one striker at home against a shite team? It's this decision or lack of, that most people don't agree with.

Nolan.

It's the wedding plans.

Are you getting married?

I think someone already made the point but why play only one striker at home against a shite team? It's this decision or lack of, that most people don't agree with.

Because apparently we're better off not attacking shit teams at home, instead waiting until they threaten to get something from the game before changing things.

:dowie:

Because apparently we're better off not attacking shit teams at home, instead waiting until they threaten to get something from the game before changing things.

:dowie:

That sounds like a cunning plan  :laugh2: