Ipswich vs Newcastle United - Pre-Match thread - 26/09/09, 5:30 KO, Live on BBC2

Ash

I fkn hate tea time KO's, I suppose I should just be happy its not a Sunday game.

I quite like it for away games, can spend the day watching the scores come in then watch our game in the evening.

Yeah, I agree.

Quite downbeat about this one.

Jonas, Barton and Guthrie out. We don't have much in the way of legs in our midfield, but losing those 3 means we could see a 5 man midfield of Nolan, Butt, Smith, Geremi and Taylor.

Our best bet is to stick two up top and bury long balls up to them all day and hope for the best.

Hopefully nick a 1-0 win.

Ipswich have been very shakey at the back this season so it may well be worth trying Harewood from the start if he's fit enough, try and shake them up a bit.

I'd like to see Harewood and Carroll get a decent stint together, I reckon they'd link up well. We also REALLY need some wingers now, these are the games where we should be pumping crosses in against leaky defences and letting Carroll get his head on it.

To early for Harewood too then?

Reckon he'll start from the bench.

Harper

R.Taylor      S.Taylor        Coloccini       Enrique

Geremi         Smith          Butt           Lovenkrands

Nolan

Carroll

Harewood will start from the bench

Geremi not available through illness I think. Therefore Ryan Taylor moved up to right midfield. Think he will start Carroll (passed a fitness this morning) with Ranger. That leaves Smith and Nolan in the middle with Butt vying with Lovenkrands for the final midfield spot. As it's left side I would hope Lovenkrands, but you never know with Hughton. Zurab right-back in place of Danny Simpson. Harewood probably on bench.

Simpson and Jonas expected back for QPR, along with Guthrie (obviously). Barton out for a while (probably months).

Guest prestonj1989

Bit of a random question but does anyone know roughly what time the players arrive or leave the ground before/after the game? My brother wants me to try and get him Nolan's autograph.

Harper

Kish        Taylor          Coloccini      Enrique

Smith

Nolan

Taylor                                              Loven

Ranger        Carroll

Ranger is fit right? Even if he is, i suspect Hughton will go with Butt and push Nolan further up the pitch. I also think Geremi will start instead of Kishinashvilli (sp).

To early for Harewood too then?

Reckon he'll start from the bench.

Harper

R.Taylor      S.Taylor        Coloccini       Enrique

Geremi         Smith          Butt           Lovenkrands

Nolan

Carroll

Harewood will start from the bench

Geremi not available through illness I think. Therefore Ryan Taylor moved up to right midfield. Think he will start Carroll (passed a fitness this morning) with Ranger. That leaves Smith and Nolan in the middle with Butt vying with Lovenkrands for the final midfield spot. As it's left side I would hope Lovenkrands, but you never know with Hughton. Zurab right-back in place of Danny Simpson. Harewood probably on bench.

Simpson and Jonas expected back for QPR, along with Guthrie (obviously). Barton out for a while (probably months).

Passed a fitness test?  He wasn't injured?  He missed the Peterboro game because he was rested.

Cheers Elma. So it's likely to be:

Harper

Zurab S.Taylor Coloccini Enrique

R.Taylor Smith Nolan Lovenkrands

Carroll Ranger

Not bad. Barton is no loss on his current form.

Yep - I think the back four is a given and am pretty sure about the front two. It's that final midfield place I'm not sure on...logic says Lovenkrands although Hughton's made some strange calls recently.

Barton has been playing with the injury which explains a few of his performances recently. Good options for QPR providing we don't pick up any injuries/reds today.