Ipswich Town 0 - 4 Newcastle United - 26/09/09 - post match reaction from p24

Dave

what pissed me off more was the f***ing BBC idiot saying something about the 'eternal guilt' for us, c***

Yeah that really was uncalled for. It was about remembering the good times at his two respective clubs, it wasn't about the lesser moments.

As for ratings;

Harper 6- He had nothing to do, by far his quietest night, he looks very laid back in this league.

Zurab 7- Incredibly calm and relaxed, I think he makes a better fullback, and will really give Simpson some competition.

Taylor 7- See Harper, nothing major to do, he is quite adventurous for a Centre Back, he always comes out to win the ball and doesn't sit off.

Colocinni 7- Found his feet in this league and looks calm, he bailed Enrique out in the second half, I just hope he doesn't get into the habit of messing around at the back with Enrique

Enrique 7- Mixed bag for him today, got forward very well, but has just been messing around lately at the back, if he just gets rid of it or looks for a pass out of the back he will improve, his pace is fantastic however.

Raylor 7.5- Fantastic free kick and assist for Nolan. He's good to have on the wing, especially with our height up front.

Butt 6.5- He drifted in and out, he's not got the legs anymor, and really was just a body, I see him retiring in May.

Smith 7- Had a quiet game by his standards, no bone crunching tackles needed, just few headers to be won which he did well, he's a good screen for our back line, and I was concerned Leadbitter might get the better of him.

Nolan 9- Playing as the attack minded midfielder in a slightly odd shaped diamond/3 plus 1 forward. Got forward very well. His first was Premier League quality, his second showed his class from his time spent in the top league and the third was just good poaching.

Carroll 7- Quiet game for him. Didn't really get much in the air, his ground game needs work and his decision making is sometimes iffy, has  this tendency to take it on when he could pass. Clearly a threat in the air, which was proven by Ipswich trying to put the young Canadian lad to screen him.

Ranger 7.5- Another solid performance, held the ball up well and has faultless close control in terms of bringing a ball down. A cynic would say he should have scored early on and really he should have, he will need to start chipping in with goals, but for now he is doing enough by holding it up and using his pace to cause problems.

SUBS

Harewood 7- good solid debut. He's far more direct in his style of play, and offers another option when compared to those around him. I could see him getting 10-15 goals and being useful.

Lovenkrands 6.5- He's not a winger, I'm hoping he's not been signed as one, as we will only come away disappointed. Give him a run up front against a slow back line with Carroll or Nolan/Barton looking to spring the off side trap and we could have success.

Donaldson 6.5- Blergh. He's looked ok I guess.

10-15 goals in 3 months for Harewood, you should have a job at the NoTW coming out with such tripe.

Nolan has 6 so far. He also qualifies for 15 games before the loans up assuming it ends in January so I'd shut up with your tripe if I was you.

10-15 goals in 3 months for Harewood, you should have a job at the NoTW coming out with such tripe.

:lol:

Wildy optimistic, alright.

If he gets somewhere near 5 goals then he'll have done about what I'd expect from him.

Christ, if Nolan can score 6 in 8, then there's hope for us all! :lol:

Why not, this league is utter bollocks to be honest, people saying how tough it is, more physical yes, more difficult not even close.

Christ, if Nolan can score 6 in 8, then there's hope for us all! :lol:

Why not, this league is utter bollocks to be honest, people saying how tough it is, more physical yes, more difficult not even close.

I think we might have found it more difficult if we weren't so physical ourselves. teams who try and rough us up are basically getting chinned by the likes of Alan smith.

what pissed me off more was the f***ing BBC idiot saying something about the 'eternal guilt' for us, c***

He said 'eternal shame'.

He was correct.

I agree. I often feel that the chaos of the last five years has only been what we deserved.

Also, the Ipswich fans' chant about us sacking SBR was a bit s****.

Missed that. What was it?

"You sacked Bobby Robson", I believe. Meh.

Thought thats what they were chanting "You never sack Bobby Robson" IIRC, clowns.

The Ipswich fans were being accurate.

Our fans singing 'get out of our club you fat cockney b******' was far more disrespectful.

There's a time and a place for everything these bellends should realise that.

He said 'eternal shame'.

He was correct.

How so?

Sir Bob had lost the dressing room and was losing it on the pitch.  No man is invincible, even one as great as Bobby.  What he did for us was amazing, but it was time to move on.

We didn't start going downhill because we sacked him, we went downhill because we never found an adequate replacement.

He said 'eternal shame'.

He was correct.

How so?

Sir Bob had lost the dressing room and was losing it on the pitch.  No man is invincible, even one as great as Bobby.  What he did for us was amazing, but it was time to move on.

We didn't start going downhill because we sacked him, we went downhill because we never found an adequate replacement.

Sorry mate I can't be arsed to argue with a club parrot trotting out bankrupt excuses.

Not today anyway.

I think Caroll played well despite returning from injury but i can see massive potential in Ranger...poor opposition flattered some of our players, still don't rate Ryan taylor but he took his goal well. Milli Vanilli (can't remember exactly) looks a decent loan and Marlon's decent attempt looked thunderous, he's seems a bit of a headless chicken on the ball sometimes but he's definitely a presence and if Nolan plays like that each week we'll go some way to getting promoted. Jose Enrique is by far our most consistent player though, his run down the flank half way was sheer class.

Nolan has 6 so far. He also qualifies for 15 games before the loans up assuming it ends in January so I'd shut up with your tripe if I was you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You realise Kevin Nolan scored a hat-trick today right?

The Robson chants were lazy but just a bit of football banter. Barring the Wolves game when the team didnt perform and his use of subs was woeful (as they had been all season. His Solano vendetta was unprofessional) he didn't get any stick. In fact wasn't there an impromtu sit down protest when it was announced he was sacked outside the ground by the few dozen hanging around?

Anyway, ratings.

Steve Harper 6 - He had nothing to do.

Zurab Kannydefensively 8 - Good in at the back, good going forward. Very hard to fault.

Fabriccio Coloccini 7 - He did very little wrong. Cleaned up the occasional mess that was created in front of him.

Steven Taylor 7 - Above.

Jose Enrique 6 - When he has his body in between the ball and the man he's brilliant but since Cardiff he's made some crucial errors. He needs to up his game as he's our most naturally gifted player by a mile.

Ryan Taylor 7 - His delivery was good today and he scored. Still has a face like a smacked arse though.

Alan Smith 7 - Nails. He's showing his class in this league. We'll miss him when he's inevitably suspended.

Nicky Butt n/a - I refuse to rate this man. Retire you useless old tosser!

Kevin Nolan 9 - Man of the match. Chased everything, worked his arse off and got a well deserved hat trick.

Nile Ranger 8 - He's done everything but score and that's through no fault of his own. Nice to see he's playing for the team rather than himself.

Andy Carroll 6 - Would've been a 7 but that alice band is getting on my tits. He did well but seemed to liked hanging around on the wrong side of the defender.

SUBS

Peter Lovelyhands 6 - The fuck was he? He touched the ball once. He's not a winger, Chris.

Marlon Harewood 7 - Looked a danger. Cant wait to see him once he's match fit.

Ryan Donaldson 6 - Nice hair.

Do you not think a one in one ratio is asking a bit much?

Do you not think a one in one ratio is asking a bit much?

I said 10-15. He'll get at least 1 in 2 I reckon, and for those who haven't grasped it that obviously equals 7-8, but I could see him going on to 10.