Darlington FC back Sunderland World Cup bid

Thespence

dont see why not tbh. the FA would want to space the stadia out and theres a big gap between the north east and the others. 16 cities have submitted bids and they include hull, plymouth and milton keynes. i'd be shocked if both weren't successful.

Wouldn't have thought they'd have Newcastle and Sunderland, especially since Newcastle is half of Sunderland's bid. They would be relying on our rail and air links, and probably accommodation too.

It is the NEWCASTLE name above the door but 7 local authorities have shares totaling 51% & it is South Tyneside Council who act as the lead authority & it is Sunderland who own the most shares within that 51%.

Wouldn't have thought they'd have Newcastle and Sunderland, especially since Newcastle is half of Sunderland's bid. They would be relying on our rail and air links, and probably accommodation too.

It is the NEWCASTLE name above the door but 7 local authorities have shares totaling 51% & it is South Tyneside Council who act as the lead authority & it is Sunderland who own the most shares within that 51%.

Fair enough, but either way, we'll be sharing a small airport amongst other things, so I'd be surprised if they'd give it to both of us.

newcastle should get it instead of sunderland

newcastle is one of the most well known cities in the uk sunderland isnt

newcastle has the better infrastructure in terms of hotels and transport

newcastle  is better for other things aswell such as sight seeing, shoping and night life

sjp is better than sol and more famous

the best out come would be if both were succesful though and i think they both should

i mean plymouth,hull and mk imo should be non starters

newcastle should get it instead of sunderland

newcastle is one of the most well known cities in the uk sunderland isnt

newcastle has the better infrastructure in terms of hotels and transport

newcastle  is better for other things aswell such as sight seeing, shoping and night life

sjp is better than sol and more famous

the best out come would be if both were succesful though and i think they both should

i mean plymouth,hull and mk imo should be non starters

very highly likely to be "aswell as" instead of "instead of"

• 4 weeks later...

From Sky Sports:

Portsmouth have officially pulled out of the running to be a possible host city for the England 2018 & 2022 World Cup bid.

Ten cities are expected to be confirmed as official hosts this week, and 16 cities had put their name forward.

Portsmouth have now officially pulled out of the running as their city council were unwilling to provide the necessary financial guarantees.

The club had put forward a plan to redevelop Fratton Park to a 37,000-seat stadium, with additional temporary seats to bring it up to Fifa's required capacity of more than 40,000.

• 3 weeks later...

The video is showing its partners tbf. The smartest move they made was getting Kenwyne Jones to put there bid forward as he is also FA Ambassador for 2018 & him being from T & T keeps Jack Warner sweet. Would love to know what the Liverpool bid is showing as ground :mackems:

Regarding 2018 FA Ambassadors there is a few :lol:

Aaron Mokoena (South Africa), Alan Shearer, Alexandre Song (Cameroon), Andrew Cole, Ashley Young, Brian Deane, Bryan Robson, Carlos Edwards (Trinidad & Tobago), Chris Powell, Cyrille Regis, David Beckham, David James, David Seaman, David Clarke (England Blind Squad) Des Walker, Emile Heskey, Eniola Aluko, Faye White, Gareth Southgate, Gary Lineker, Gary Mabbutt, Gianfranco Zola (Italy), Glenn Hoddle, Graeme Le Saux, Graham Taylor, Howard Wilkinson, James Milner, John Barnes, John Obi Mikel (Nigeria), John Terry, Joseph Yobo (Nigeria), Kanu (Nigeria), Kenwyne Jones (Trinidad & Tobago), Kelly Smith, Kolo Toure (Ivory Coast), Lucas Radebe (South Africa), Luther Blissett , Michael Ballack (Germany), Michael Barker (England Cerebral Palsy Squad), Michael Chopra, Michael Essien (Ghana), Muzzy Izzet (Turkey), Osvaldo Ardiles (Argentina), Paul Elliott, Paul Ince, Paul Parker, Peter Beardsley, Peter Crouch, Peter Shilton, Phil Neville, Ray Clemence, Ray Wilkins, Rachel Brown Ricardo Villa (Argentina), Rio Ferdinand, Robbie Earle (Jamaica) Roberto Di Matteo (Italy), Robinho (Brazil), Roque Santa Cruz (Paraguay), Salomon Kalou (Ivory Coast), Sol Campbell, Steven Gerrard, Steven Pienaar (South Africa), Stuart Pearce, Sven Goran Eriksson (Sweden), Teddy Sheringham, Terry Venables, Tony Adams, Tony Woodcock, Victor Anichebe (Nigeria), Viv Anderson, Wayne Rooney, Zesh Rehman (Pakistan).

Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

Laugh my head off if the mackems fail in their bid,  They think they have it in the bag.  Though it won't matter though in terms of englands bid,  it is doomed.

Hopefully we will both be chosen as host cities.

Then just the big ask of England winning the bid.

I don't think we could both win, the teams and fans who were based in Sunderland would have to sleep in tents or grubby refugee hostels.