Joey Barton's injury - out for up to four months

ujpest doza

So he's been injured, in jail and played shite in how long for us now? Bet he is on a good wage. We'd be a lot better off without him and a loan player in instead. Won't happen though. Him and Butt off the wage bill would be great.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/8296638.stm

Newcastle United's Joey Barton says things have been patched up between himself and Alan Shearer following their bust-up last season. Shearer suspended Barton from the club after the midfielder's sending-off against Liverpool in May.

Interesting timing for this isn't it? With the whole Moat affair ongoing and Shearer being Moat's preferred option as Manager...

Newcastle United's Joey Barton says things have been patched up between himself and Alan Shearer following their bust-up last season. Shearer suspended Barton from the club after the midfielder's sending-off against Liverpool in May.

Interesting timing for this isn't it? With the whole Moat affair ongoing and Shearer being Moat's preferred option as Manager...

i think he was speaking at a sporting chance clinic function or something like that and well if your a reporter you'd obviously ask about it. In fairness I'd hope both shearer and barton could act as adults to each other if he came back because we ain't going to be able to offload him, no one will chance it with barton.

Guest iliketoonarmy

If some people doubt and moan about Jonas's ability and contribution, they should really open their eyes and spend their time judging on what good has Barton fucking done to this club.

I saw Joey Barton in Newcastle Airport when he first signed for us, and his leg was in a cast then. Seems like he's either been in jail, unfit, banned or injured for the majority of his Newcastle career. Rubbish signing, but what's worse is that we've had the opportunity to move him on a few times.

Guest Roger Kint

If some people doubt and moan about Jonas's ability and contribution, they should really open their eyes and spend their time judging on what good has Barton f***ing done to this club.

What a laughable argument, as if Bartons contribution has any bearing on what people see(or rather will never see) in Jonas :facepalm:

i think he was speaking at a sporting chance clinic function or something like that and well if your a reporter you'd obviously ask about it. In fairness I'd hope both shearer and barton could act as adults to each other if he came back because we ain't going to be able to offload him, no one will chance it with barton.

In the summer transfer window someone will try to buy him (if he is fit)

Probably whoever gets promoted with us or a bottom 6 Prem team

Hull would certainly take a chance on him if Phil Orange is still manager

I doubt it, if there was anyone willing to risk a move to barton he'd be gone already

I doubt it, if there was anyone willing to risk a move to barton he'd be gone already

If he was fit it would be easier to move him on in Jan as mangers can be desperate for new blood

I still think the Tango man will move for him as he probably believes that he is the only manger in world footaball who is good enough to get the best from Barton

It's been reported for ages iirc that they'd cleared the air between each other almost immediately after the bust up.

I may very well be reading to much into this, spurred on by blind optimism, BUT Mr Bartons apology Mr Shearer has come right out of the blue.

Could he know that something is imminent and is back-peddling like crazy in a sad attempt to cover his arse ????

please god........ ???

If we all acted like burnip, the world would truly be a better place.

He snitched on you all and he was rewarded for it. Well done him.

Now I'll leave you all alone with him. Bye...

I may very well be reading to much into this, spurred on by blind optimism, BUT Mr Bartons apology Mr Shearer has come right out of the blue.

Could he know that something is imminent and is back-peddling like crazy in a sad attempt to cover his arse ????

please god........ ???

or he was just asked a question about shearer and was honest about it?

Guest Heneage

When he signed he seemed perfect, a tough tackling midfielder who would spark some passion into a midfield, alas he will never really perform for us and always be considered a flop unless something radical happens before the summer of 2012. I was still surprised we bought him with the Dabo case hanging over his head.

When he signed he seemed perfect, a tough tackling midfielder who would spark some passion into a midfield, alas he will never really perform for us and always be considered a flop unless something radical happens before the summer of 2012. I was still surprised we bought him with the Dabo case hanging over his head.

I'm surprised that we didn't add anything into his contract that would be triggered by him being found guilty in the Dabo case tbh.

He should have been everything we wanted in a midfielder but he's played so rarely for us that he's beginning to threaten Marcelino's record for non-appearances.  If he's not suspended then he's injured or serving time and despite all his talk about how he's really sorry yet again and he won't fuck it up yet again he seems to manage to find new and exciting ways of fucking up those chances.

No more chances, just fuck off.

Guest Heneage

Why bother though? We paid nigh 6m, we even bended over to pay his bloody loyalty fee.

For 6m we could have got Nolan, when he was arguably fitter. We could have got Lassan Diarra, ok he wanted stupid wages, but he'd shown glimpses at Arsenal of real quality, he would have been fantastic, and he would have been bloody fantastic for Keegan's 4-3-3 formation.

Why bother though? We paid nigh 6m, we even bended over to pay his bloody loyalty fee.

For 6m we could have got Nolan, when he was arguably fitter. We could have got Lassan Diarra, ok he wanted stupid wages, but he'd shown glimpses at Arsenal of real quality, he would have been fantastic, and he would have been bloody fantastic for Keegan's 4-3-3 formation.

I somehow don't think that was ever a factor in Allardyce's decisions :pow:

Guest Heneage

I was thinking forward. But even Sam's he would have been a better DM than Smith and would have allowed for Emre etc to express themselves.

please god........ ???

It's been reported for ages iirc that they'd cleared the air between each other almost immediately after the bust up.

please god........ ???

??? I dont recall any such stories reported, where did you read them ?