Famous Newcastle Fans

cubaricho

dunno if this has already been posted, but at sheffield away, the program said our famous fan was Sid Waddell, i'd never even heard of him....

http://img.skysports.com/07/07/218x298/waddell_468110.jpg

Not sure if he has been mentioned.

:no:

Guest Geordiesned

dunno if this has already been posted, but at sheffield away, the program said our famous fan was Sid Waddell, i'd never even heard of him....

Guest SupermacTheLegend

Maximo Park

They're smoggies, and support Boro and Liverpool.

Nah, i've been to see them at the Metro Radio and O2 and both times thay have mentioned coming from Newcastle and supporting the Toon.

Maximo Park

Nah, i've been to see them at the Metro Radio and O2 and both times thay have mentioned coming from Newcastle and supporting the Toon.

As far as I'm aware they all met at uni up here but none of them are from Newcastle.

Maximo Park

As far as I'm aware they all met at uni up here but none of them are from Newcastle.

You only have to listen to their songs to know that their accent is Smoggie not Geordie. I think the band is based in Newcastle though.

Maximo Park

Ironic that someone called Supermac talks shite

I heard Cardinal Hume on the radio once, talking about the club. It wasn''t that long before he died, mid-late 90s. He seemed up to speed with whatever was going on at the time. Unlike Blair, who's basically clueless.

he was a BIG fan - he always had the results put on a bit of paper and passed to him immediately wherever he was as

Even had a mascot IIRC

He did say that our continued non success in spite of his prayers said sommat about his standing up top......................

I heard Cardinal Hume on the radio once, talking about the club. It wasn''t that long before he died, mid-late 90s. He seemed up to speed with whatever was going on at the time. Unlike Blair, who's basically clueless.

he was a BIG fan - he always had the results put on a bit of paper and passed to him immediately wherever he was as

Even had a mascot IIRC

He did say that our continued non success in spite of his prayers said sommat about his standing up top......................

he also used to order a crate of brown ale for when he returned to the north.

true dat. the wifees grandfather was the gardener at the bishops place.

Freddie Roach.

Seriously? Freddie Roach, Freddie Roach?

How'd you find that out?

I was just taking the piss, he was on Sky with Amir Khan before the Bolton game and he said he was a Shearer fan.

Guest float one in

Neil Finn from Crowded House.

How do you know that? Great songwriter, just went up further in my opinion!

I read it many moons ago I'm sure.

I'll take your word for it then mate!