Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

I'm unable to hate him due to having been a legend for Norway. I really want to, but I can't.

Also it's good for the Norwegian league to get an actual well known profile in on the management side, not to mention the possibility of young talent going on loan to a club in the league from Man Utd. I'm a nationalist, I want the league and it's teams to become competitive in Europe.

Good to see the Fit and Proper Persons Test working well.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Portsmouth-were-brought-to-the-brink-of-extinction-by-a-mystery-Arab-owner-who-did-not-exist-article624799.html

And the 80p in the pound they couldn't possibly have given to the creditors is being put to sensible use.

"Despite Portsmouth’s struggles Warnock claimed: “We couldn’t afford Dave Kitson and Liam Lawrence. Wages-wise their starting side is the league’s most expensive"

Carroll Jnr AKA Gary Madine spared jail

Carlisle Utd ace Gary Madine acted like a raging bull

Carlisle United’s star striker Gary Madine has been spared jail after attacking a man in a bar – but has been banned from pubs and clubs across the city.

he 20-year-old was described in court yesterday as a ‘raging bull’ after he leaned over the bar in The Beehive on Carlisle’s Warwick Road and helped himself to drink after closing time.

Moments later, after an argument with the pub’s management, he punched customer Brian Mounsey in the face knocking him unconscious.

Beehive manager Christine Wheatley told Carlisle Crown Court that she had told Madine that he couldn’t just help himself to drink.

In a trial of issue yesterday – to determine facts – she said: “I told him it was a yellow card for doing that. I thought if I spoke to him in football terms he might get the message.

“He then muttered something under his breath and that’s when I said okay red card you’re out.”

Witnesses said that Madine had retaliated when Mrs Wheatley said she was “ashamed to call him a fellow Geordie” to which he replied: “I’m not a Geordie I’m from Gateshead.”

Madine was ushered towards the back door of the pub where he encountered Mr Mounsey, who was trying to help the management remove him from the building.

Witnesses said they saw Madine punch Mr Mounsey in the face. He fell to the floor and was unconscious. Some witnesses said they saw Madine kick Mr Mounsey twice but Madine said it was a “reactive movement” as Mounsey had fallen onto his feet following the punch.

Judge Paul Batty QC ruled that he could not be sure that Madine meant to kick Mr Mounsey deliberately.

Medical evidence concluded that Mr Mounsey’s injuries were consistent with a punch.

Mrs Wheatley said: “He (Madine) was like a raging bull and had to be held back by people. Once outside he was banging on windows, shouting obscenities.”

Police and an ambulance were called to the pub.

Madine had been on a night out on February 27 with team-mate Gavin Rothery.

Dressed in a dark suit, white shirt and tie, he said in court: “I got the impression that he (Brian Mounsey) was going to hit me. I felt a little bit frightened and I thought I was going to get hit. I threw a punch first in his face. I accept that it was too much force.”

Judge Paul Batty QC told Madine: “You were drunk and arrogant and were not prepared to leave the premises.

“You had been told that you were not allowed any more drink but you helped yourself anyway.

“I don’t accept that this was an act of self defence. It was gratuitous violence.”

He sentenced Madine to 250 hours of community work. He must also pay compensation of £1,500 to Mr Mounsey and £1,800 in prosecution costs. He is also barred from entering the Beehive and any other pub or club in the city’s Pubwatch scheme for 18 months.

A spokesman for the club said: “The legal process surrounding Gary Madine’s case has been concluded and our position remains the same.

“We have given Gary the support that we felt he needed to see him through what has been a difficult period, and we will continue to do so.

“He knows that he has done wrong, but that has now been dealt with internally at the club, and at the courts.”

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/carlisle-utd-ace-gary-madine-spared-jail-after-pub-attack-1.778136?referrerPath=carlisle-united

Guest neesy111

Bolton's Losses Triple to £35M:

Bolton's financial losses nearly tripled last season due largely to the cost of changing manager and strengthening their squad.

According to accounts for the year ending 30 June, Wanderers' losses rose from £13.2m to £35.4m.

This includes £4.2m for sacking Gary Megson and prizing his replacement Owen Coyle away from Burnley in January.

Additions to the squad, such as Chung-Yong Lee and Zat Knight, saw wages increase 14% from £40.9m to £46.4m.

Hmm, how can smaller size clubs be able to get away with losses of £35M.

Bolton's Losses Triple to £35M:

Bolton's financial losses nearly tripled last season due largely to the cost of changing manager and strengthening their squad.

According to accounts for the year ending 30 June, Wanderers' losses rose from £13.2m to £35.4m.

This includes £4.2m for sacking Gary Megson and prizing his replacement Owen Coyle away from Burnley in January.

Additions to the squad, such as Chung-Yong Lee and Zat Knight, saw wages increase 14% from £40.9m to £46.4m.

Hmm, how can smaller size clubs be able to get away with losses of £35M.

iirc bolton have a wealthy benefactor who gives them loans to cover the losses, the problem being i do believe he charges interest on said loan rather than the usual chairman type loan

Golden Boy Award nominees: (Best talent under 21 playing in Europe)

England:

Mario Balotelli - Manchester City FC

Bebé - Manchester United FC

Federico Macheda - Manchester United FC

Rafael Pereira da Silva - Manchester United

Nathan Delfouneso - Aston Villa FC

Gaël Kakuta - Chelsea FC

Daniel Pacheco - Liverpool FC

Jack Wilshere - Arsenal FC

Spain:

Sergio Canales - Real Madrid CF

David De Gea - Atlético Madrid

Francisco Merida - Atlético Madrid

Bojan Krkic - FC Barcelona

Mateo Musacchio - Villarreal CF

Italy:

Philippe Coutinho - Inter FC

Mattia Destro - Genoa CFC

Mathias Hernandez, US Palermo

Ezequiel Munoz - US Palermo

Adem Ljajic - AC Fiorentina

Gaston Pereyra Ramirez - Bologna FC

Germany:

André Schürrle - 1. FSV Mainz 05

Diego Contento - FC Bayern München

Toni Kroos - FC Bayern München

Mario Götze - BV Borussia Dortmund

Joël Matip - FC Schalke 04

France:

Yacine Brahimi - Rennes

Yann M'Vila - Rennes

Eden Hazard - OSC Lille

Miralem Pjanic - Olimpique Lyon

Emmanuel Riviere - AS Saint-Etienne

Mamadou Sakho - Paris Saint Germain

Russia:

Alan Dzagoev - CSKA Moskva

Ukraine:

Andrè - FC Dynamo Kiev

Douglas Costa - Shakhtar Donetsk FC

Portugal:

James David Rodriguez - FC Porto

Eduardo Antonio Salvio - SL Benfica

Holland:

Luuk De Jong - Twente FC

Christian Eriksen - Ajax Amsterdam

Marcus Pedersen - Vitesse Arnhem

Greece:

Sotiris Ninis - Panathinaikos FC

Belgium:

Romelu Lukaku - RSC Anderlecht

Any players you'd want that currently not playing for a club they'd not leave to come to us?

Eden Hazard - OSC Lille

wonder why he never moved on in the summer, was expecting a big move for the lad

Few teams have big money. Not fully proven at top level, another season at Lille won't do him any harm as he is only 19, better to play and get experience under your belt than sit on the bench somewhere

Golden Boy Award nominees: (Best talent under 21 playing in Europe)

England:

Mario Balotelli - Manchester City FC

Bebé - Manchester United FC

Federico Macheda - Manchester United FC

Rafael Pereira da Silva - Manchester United

Nathan Delfouneso - Aston Villa FC

Gaël Kakuta - Chelsea FC

Daniel Pacheco - Liverpool FC

Jack Wilshere - Arsenal FC

Spain:

Sergio Canales - Real Madrid CF

David De Gea - Atlético Madrid

Francisco Merida - Atlético Madrid

Bojan Krkic - FC Barcelona

Mateo Musacchio - Villarreal CF

Italy:

Philippe Coutinho - Inter FC

Mattia Destro - Genoa CFC

Mathias Hernandez, US Palermo

Ezequiel Munoz - US Palermo

Adem Ljajic - AC Fiorentina

Gaston Pereyra Ramirez - Bologna FC

Germany:

André Schürrle - 1. FSV Mainz 05

Diego Contento - FC Bayern München

Toni Kroos - FC Bayern München

Mario Götze - BV Borussia Dortmund

Joël Matip - FC Schalke 04

France:

Yacine Brahimi - Rennes

Yann M'Vila - Rennes

Eden Hazard - OSC Lille

Miralem Pjanic - Olimpique Lyon

Emmanuel Riviere - AS Saint-Etienne

Mamadou Sakho - Paris Saint Germain

Russia:

Alan Dzagoev - CSKA Moskva

Ukraine:

Andrè - FC Dynamo Kiev

Douglas Costa - Shakhtar Donetsk FC

Portugal:

James David Rodriguez - FC Porto

Eduardo Antonio Salvio - SL Benfica

Holland:

Luuk De Jong - Twente FC

Christian Eriksen - Ajax Amsterdam

Marcus Pedersen - Vitesse Arnhem

Greece:

Sotiris Ninis - Panathinaikos FC

Belgium:

Romelu Lukaku - RSC Anderlecht

Any players you'd want that currently not playing for a club they'd not leave to come to us?

Sodding ridiculous that Rafael, Bebe and Macheda are on there. Purely because they play for Manure.