Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Gerard Houllier has admitted Villa will sell Stephen Ireland next month.

He has lost the spark he had in 08/09, needs to go into the Npower & rebuild himself up.

31/01/2010 was the last time the so called playmaker created a goal. You have to go back over year for his last goal.

He's gone ridiculously downwhill.

08/09 I thought he was superb, seemed to have a good understanding with Robinho.

Looks like this is going to be our new shirt

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/gif/20101217/e__archivo_graphic_10_1_2_20101217_YBA13M11.eps6.jpg

:harry:

Wow. That's hideous :lol: That's not even one of the 3 options you posted a few days ago, is it?

Yeah, La Liga/UEFA didn't approve the mixed sponsor logos approach.

It's monumentally shit. Seems we will still wear the current one until the end of the season, though, will make the most of it.

I expect you'll see your biggest ever drop in shirt sales next season... It's a shame, could've been bearable if done well.

I buy every season's shirt, and I certainly won't be buying one next season, I think i'll just get the 2010-11 one again as it gets discounted when the Qatar foundation ones get released.

I expect you'll see your biggest ever drop in shirt sales next season... It's a shame, could've been bearable if done well.

I buy every season's shirt, and I certainly won't be buying one next season, I think i'll just get the 2010-11 one again as it gets discounted when the Qatar foundation ones get released.

If you want a new Barca shirt for next season but don't wanna buy one full of sponsors, you should check this place out. Top quality and based in Newcastle too.

http://www.toffs.com

Kaká back in training for Real Madrid.

Wonder if Mou will get some form off him. He didn't seem to care much about Kaká in preseason but Canales is flopping so far and Özil is the best player in the world when playing teams with two-digit league placing, so he'll get a chance in the hole (Pellegrini actually played him a lot in the wing).

Geordie scout Paul Montgomery linked with replacing Frank Arnesen @ Chelsea . Monty years ago was a manager on the Tuxedo Princess which was a ship that was a nightclub under the Tyne bridge. he has worked for NUFC 3 times, once under Jim Smith, under Sir Bobby & under Sam Allardyce with the grand title of UK and Europe coordinator. He was sacked by Wise & was snapped by the Big Eck @ Birmingham who he had worked for at Rangers.

Paul Montgomery keen to finish job despite Chelsea link

BLUES’ star spotter Paul Montgomery has admitted to being ‘flattered’ by a Chelsea job link.

But the club’s chief scout said he had no intention of deserting Alex McLeish at St Andrew’s.

Montgomery has been apparently put on a three-man shortlist to either replace Frank Arnesen as sporting director at Stamford Bridge, or join a new-look structure.

Roman Abramovich wants more of a hands-on influence in this sphere and was alerted to Montgomery’s background and track record by his advisors.

Montgomery worked with McLeish at Rangers and was appointed by him at Blues in February 2008.

He famously described the scouting structure he inherited as ‘prehistoric’ and quickly set about appointing half-a-dozen scouts across the country to look after Blues’ needs. That was a first act to bring Blues into some sort of line with their rivals on home shores.

But he said they had been lagging behind for some time. A scouting budget for a club like Everton or Fulham is around £1.2 million; Blues have only been committing a quarter of that.

However, acting chairman Peter Pannu has made a lot of noises in recent months about how important the Academy and scouting system has to be in the near and long-term future.

Montgomery first lined up Roman Pavlyuchenko for Blues before he joined Spurs – relegation in 2008 put paid to that move – and recommended a young Didier Drogba to West Ham United.

He was also a prime behind-the-scenes mover in getting Charles N’Zogbia lined up this summer (he snared him for Newcastle from Le Havre), had Moussa Dembele under scrutiny for more than two years and has been involved in some way in most of Blues’ transfers.

“We’ve got three Slovenian under-21 internationals, two Portugal under-19 internationals, a French under-18 international and a Swiss under-17 coming over in January for us to have a look at,” he said. “So it’s not only about the established players but the younger ones too.”

Read More http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/birmingham-city-fc/birmingham-city-fc-news/2010/12/18/birmingham-city-paul-montgomery-keen-to-finish-job-despite-chelsea-link-97319-27846084/2/#ixzz18YhY7byf

9 years today since we beat Arsenal at Highbury, probably my favourite result last decade

bloody hell..... time just flew by.  :kasper:

Wasn't the win at Leeds the game after or before as well? I was only 13 at the time but remember my parents being very concerned with my blood pressure after the Leeds game.

Geordie scout Paul Montgomery linked with replacing Frank Arnesen @ Chelsea . Monty years ago was a manager on the Tuxedo Princess which was a ship that was a nightclub under the Tyne bridge. he has worked for NUFC 3 times, once under Jim Smith, under Sir Bobby & under Sam Allardyce with the grand title of UK and Europe coordinator. He was sacked by Wise & was snapped by the Big Eck @ Birmingham who he had worked for at Rangers.

Paul Montgomery keen to finish job despite Chelsea link

BLUES’ star spotter Paul Montgomery has admitted to being ‘flattered’ by a Chelsea job link.

But the club’s chief scout said he had no intention of deserting Alex McLeish at St Andrew’s.

Montgomery has been apparently put on a three-man shortlist to either replace Frank Arnesen as sporting director at Stamford Bridge, or join a new-look structure.

Roman Abramovich wants more of a hands-on influence in this sphere and was alerted to Montgomery’s background and track record by his advisors.

Montgomery worked with McLeish at Rangers and was appointed by him at Blues in February 2008.

He famously described the scouting structure he inherited as ‘prehistoric’ and quickly set about appointing half-a-dozen scouts across the country to look after Blues’ needs. That was a first act to bring Blues into some sort of line with their rivals on home shores.

But he said they had been lagging behind for some time. A scouting budget for a club like Everton or Fulham is around £1.2 million; Blues have only been committing a quarter of that.

However, acting chairman Peter Pannu has made a lot of noises in recent months about how important the Academy and scouting system has to be in the near and long-term future.

Montgomery first lined up Roman Pavlyuchenko for Blues before he joined Spurs – relegation in 2008 put paid to that move – and recommended a young Didier Drogba to West Ham United.

He was also a prime behind-the-scenes mover in getting Charles N’Zogbia lined up this summer (he snared him for Newcastle from Le Havre), had Moussa Dembele under scrutiny for more than two years and has been involved in some way in most of Blues’ transfers.

“We’ve got three Slovenian under-21 internationals, two Portugal under-19 internationals, a French under-18 international and a Swiss under-17 coming over in January for us to have a look at,” he said. “So it’s not only about the established players but the younger ones too.”

Read More http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/birmingham-city-fc/birmingham-city-fc-news/2010/12/18/birmingham-city-paul-montgomery-keen-to-finish-job-despite-chelsea-link-97319-27846084/2/#ixzz18YhY7byf

I bet he didnt spot much talent on the boat.

Madrid press starting to turn on Mou, As and Marca running several editorials against him today. The circus is on.

Strange as the fans were singing his name during the latter part of the yestedays game. The Madrid press usually follow the fans viewpoint via the club who feed the papers.