Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Guest neesy111

He should have had them up by now though, shouldn't he? Given the status of their club in that division and the players he had/has at his disposal.

Never said anything about his management ability, but as a man he's the pits. Universally loathed by colleagues.

Forest were in league one just 3 years ago. They also haven't been in the Premier League for 12 years.  So saying that they should be backup is a little foolish for me.  They were fighting relegation under Calderwood and in just 1 season later they finished 3rd.  Also the forest board did not back him up with his signings as well.

They've buckled two seasons on the trot now, when automatic promotion has been a distinct possibility on both occasions. This season especially they fucked it right up. For me that equates to underachievement on his part, and I'm surprised it's taken him this long to be pushed out. They should have been in the Premiership by now, regardless of where they were three seasons ago.

I can't ignore being branded "foolish" by you, as well, I'm sorry but howay man, give me a break.

Just because a team has good support does not mean that they should be assumed to be one of the favorites to go back up.  Forest are in a much better position than when he joined, they should be thankful for it considering some of the shite they have appointed.  Megson, Kinnear come to mind.

He should have had them up by now though, shouldn't he? Given the status of their club in that division and the players he had/has at his disposal.

Never said anything about his management ability, but as a man he's the pits. Universally loathed by colleagues.

Forest were in league one just 3 years ago. They also haven't been in the Premier League for 12 years.  So saying that they should be backup is a little foolish for me.  They were fighting relegation under Calderwood and in just 1 season later they finished 3rd.  Also the forest board did not back him up with his signings as well.

They've buckled two seasons on the trot now, when automatic promotion has been a distinct possibility on both occasions. This season especially they fucked it right up. For me that equates to underachievement on his part, and I'm surprised it's taken him this long to be pushed out. They should have been in the Premiership by now, regardless of where they were three seasons ago.

I can't ignore being branded "foolish" by you, as well, I'm sorry but howay man, give me a break.

Just because a team has good support does not mean that they should be assumed to be one of the favorites to go back up.  Forest are in a much better position than when he joined, they should be thankful for it considering some of the shite they have appointed.  Megson, Kinnear come to mind.

Jesus wept man. That is not the sole basis for my argument.

They have been in prime positions FOR THE LAST TWO SEASONS to gain automatic promotion and have faded badly, losing out in the playoffs both times. Not only that, but during his entire tenure there (and in his previous jobs) Billy Davies has been an arsehole of the highest order. So not only has he essentially failed in his remit of getting Forest promoted (which is what has been expected of them the past two seasons), but he's been a charmless little bastard and a thorn in the board's side at the same time. That is why I'm surprised he's lasted until now.

They should have been up when they came 3rd, they should have been up automatically last season given the strength of the league around them and the strength of their squad (not the size of their crowds).

Guest neesy111

Jesus wept man. That is not the sole basis for my argument.

They have been in prime positions FOR THE LAST TWO SEASONS to gain automatic promotion and have faded badly, losing out in the playoffs both times. Not only that, but during his entire tenure there (and in his previous jobs) Billy Davies has been an arsehole of the highest order. So not only has he essentially failed in his remit of getting Forest promoted (which is what has been expected of them the past two seasons), but he's been a charmless little bastard and a thorn in the board's side at the same time. That is why I'm surprised he's lasted until now.

They should have been up when they came 3rd, they should have been up automatically last season given the strength of the league around them and the strength of their squad (not the size of their crowds).

The same board that has a "transfer committee" that buys players not based on what the manager wants.  I would call that not backing your manager and hence you have an very unhappy manager.

Guest neesy111

PS: I'm not disputing that they're in a "better position", but their aim was to be in the PL. He failed to get them there.

When was it there aim, after he guided them to 3rd after they just survived relegation the season before.  If that's a case then he's a victim of his own success then.  I always believed they were punching above there own weight as well when they finished 3rd.

PS: I'm not disputing that they're in a "better position", but their aim was to be in the PL. He failed to get them there.

When was it there aim, after he guided them to 3rd after they just survived relegation the season before. If that's a case then he's a victim of his own success then.  I always believed they were punching above there own weight as well when they finished 3rd.

Possibly so, but bottom lines are that he failed in his remit and that he's a little arsehole to boot. Again: I don't deny he's been a very successful manager at that level, that was never what this was about. I'm just delighted he's finally got the bullet after the way he's carried himself and the way he's ballsed-up two very good chances to get into the PL. Can't make it any clearer than that, I wasn't really looking for a debate about the merits of his time at Forest, but cheers for boring the knackers off me all the same :thup:

Billy Davies is one of the most odious characters in the game. He'll easily get a new job like, decent enough middle of the road Championship manager even if he does have a particular fondness for hoarding shit forwards.

Billy Davies, about time IMO.  He has done a decent job securing Forest in the NPC and challenging the top teams however i do believe he has also been the reason why they have failed in the play offs.  He was always very critical of the clubs transfer policy, something he knew about when he joined the club.  the transfer committee was setup by Doughty after David Platt just about single handedly bankrupt the club.

From what i can gather from my Forest supporting side of the family Davies has been touting himself around any half decent job, he is obviously ambitious and certainly wont show any loyalty to Forest should a EPL team have come along.  BD annual transfer whinge around January is the cause of Forests demise IMO, i'm not sure a team that hears their manager say they cant compete without recruits could be fully motivated by the man, also is constant changing of the team hasn't helped the situation, he never plays the same strikers game after game for instance.

Im sure BD will end up at another NPC club, thats his level IMO, SM would be a great coup for Forest and could hopefully use his experience and contacts to lift the club back into the EPL, where without being biased because of family i would much rather see them compared to Wigan, Stoke and Blackburn.

Guest Loven11

Skysports.com can confirm that Chris Hughton is in the frame for the Birmingham City job.

The former Newcastle United chief has been linked to a number of jobs this summer and was close to landing the West Brom post before they appointed Roy Hodgson earlier this year.

He is also believed to have been offered the chance of working with Martin Jol at Fulham.

But now he could be offered the chance to replace Alex McLeish at the helm at St Andrews.

Hughton has excellent experience of Championship football having guided Newcastle back to the Premier League at the first time of asking.

Now skysports.com understands that Birmingham are interested in discussing their vacancy with him, although there are other candidates that acting chairman Peter Pannu and his staff are considering.

Portsmouth's Steve Cotterill is believed to be one name on their list whilst Roberto Di Matteo, Gianfranco Zola and Alan Curbishley have been linked.

:lol: is there a vacancy in English football that Alan Curbishley isn't linked to?

I think Hughton would get them back up, tbh. Then again, I think any of the names mentioned in that last line would tbf.