Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

The Guardian Football Weekly podcast this week had Phillippe Auclair, and was very complimentary about Newcastle. Said that French football fans were curious about the Gallic contingent we have, and are now one of the most watched teams over there.  The main football game from Sunday in the Premiership shown in France was our game, not Arsenal-mackems. It's about 9 minutes in if you're interested.

Guest Heneage

They make a joke and a point of not giving us any coverage unless things are going tits up, at which point they turn to Glendennig and he states how he had said we were shite from minute one.

Guest johnson293
PROMISING young Newcastle player Ryan Donaldson was at the centre of a nightspot brawl.

The 20-year-old was arrested after a row with two other men, over a girl, outside a club turned violent.

A 30-year-old man was taken to hospital with head injuries after being punched and falling over, while a 25-year-old was hit in the face after they left Tup Tup Palace, early on Sunday morning.

Hours later Donaldson and a friend, also 20, both accepted cautions for common assault.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/evening-chronicle-news/2011/10/18/nufc-starlet-ryan-donaldson-held-over-brawl-72703-29614825/#ixzz1b8NCLIkT

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere bur Gazza was on Radio2 on my way home. Was a quality interview. He was talking about his free kick against Liverpool for Spurs in the FA cup semi and said somethign along the lines of "Aye but it was David Seaman in goal, if you'd hoyed me mother in goal she would have done better." Funny stuff

Guest johnson293

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere bur Gazza was on Radio2 on my way home. Was a quality interview. He was talking about his free kick against Liverpool for Spurs in the FA cup semi and said somethign along the lines of "Aye but it was David Seaman in goal, if you'd hoyed me mother in goal she would have done better." Funny stuff

???

???

:lol: Arsenal. And it may have been the final. Fuck knows the specifics, I was no older than 5 or 6. It was a good interview regardless.

anyone know what year the away kit on this page is from?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150665461515?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_1293

i've just bought it like, i think it must be a third kit from the late 90's as it's not shown on the away kit list on historical kits

That's a training top not an away kit.

:lol:

Gutted

At least I think it is anyway, we never used to have the Brown Ale logo on away kits, only on the home.

The Spurs youngsters have qualified for the knockout stages of the NextGen series (CL style competition for kids) by beating PSV 4-1 this afternoon.  Sherwood's star is definitely in the ascendency with the results his progressive squad is producing.

Perhaps less surprising is that Barcelona have also qualified having won all their games ..............................

Group 1

Team                 P W L D GD PTS

Barcelona          3 3 0 0 6 9

Marseille          3 2 1 0 0 6

Celtic                 3 1 2 0    -1 3

Manchester City 3 0 3 0 -6 0

Group 2

Team                                 P W L D GD PTS

Sporting Clube de Portugal 3 3 0 0 9 9

Liverpool                                 5 2 2 1 2 7

Wolfsburg                         4 1 2 1 -1 4

Molde                                 4 1 3 0 -10 3