Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

I'm going to ask him if he knows how Christmas Tree has managed to hide his rampant homosexuality from his family for all these years.

By saying Grolsch when he means Appletini?

Guest johnson293

15 years ago today, we beat Manchester Utd 5-0 at St James Park.

http://www.nufcblog.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Newcastle-5-0-Man-Utd.jpg

BBC football pundit Steve Claridge is to come out of retirement to sign for Southern League side Gosport Borough as a player-coach.

Claridge, 45, has played over 1,000 professional matches in a career spanning more than two decades.

He will go straight into the Gosport side for the South Hampshire FA Trophy tie against Sholing on Saturday.

"There are not many signings that excite me but he can only be an asset," said Gosport manager Alex Pike.

"Steve's arrival has already had a great effect in the dressing room as the whole squad at Thursday's training session raised their game.

"It was a great session and I'm glad Steve was very impressed by the quality of our players and the club."

Claridge began his professional career at Bournemouth in 1984 where he later returned in 2006, marking his 1,000th game as a professional with a 4-0 defeat by Port Vale.

He went on to have spells at Aldershot, Cambridge United, Birmingham City, Leicester City, Wolves and Millwall.

While at Leicester, Claridge won the League Cup in 1997 and also won the old First Division (Championship) title there in 1996.

But he is perhaps best known for the time he spent at Fratton Park, where he scored 34 goals for Portsmouth between 1998 and 2001 and also had a spell there as manager.

Claridge also had two other managerial appointments with Weymouth and a brief period at Millwall which lasted only 36 days.

More recently Claridge has made a few appearances at non-league sides Worthing, Harrow Borough and Weymouth, while also carving out a career as a football pundit for the BBC.

Claridge will continue with his media commitments for the BBC, which include appearing as a pundit on the Football League show and Football Focus.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15403393.stm

:yeah:

Bayern fans stabbed in Napoli

The ANSA news agency reports two men, aged 42 and 47, were admitted to hospital late on Monday.

They told police they walking the town when people aboard two scooters stabbed them in their backs with a knife.

Seriously , how cowardly is this.

There has to be a few Qs in the league, surely?

Iago Falque and Miquel off the top of my head.

Those two are off the top of your head?! :lol:

Aye, was just thinking of Spanish players. How I forgot Enrique is beyond me