Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

How is stoppage time currently calculated?

Not sure if this is already being implemented in some form or another, but if when the referee sees stoppage he starts a stopwatch which is remotely linked to the fourth officials/TV broadcasters screens, then we can see how stoppage time accrues and there will be transparency at Old Trafford for example.

30 secs for each goal + 30 secs for each sub+ any injuries usually.

That's what it's meant to be, but is it bollocks.

I'd say it's along the lines of

3 mins: No major stoppages and few minor stoppages

4 mins: Either a major stoppage and plenty of minor stoppages

5 mins: 1 or more major stoppages

6 mins: Man United not winning.

It's not just about stoppages though- it also includes goals and subs. Most games will have 2/3 subs for each side and usually a goal, so it's always going to be at least 3 mins. I agree it would be more straightforward with a designated timekeeper though.

I reckon the ref should stop his watch and say time off like in Rubgy during goal celebrations subs and injuries. Then you would get a fair reflection of time added on.

Guest neesy111

A company owned by Tony Jimenez - previously of this house - has taken over Charlton.

Property is what Jimenez was into before.  Think this is a business deal to look at the land around the Valley.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Some interesting comments from the little Brazilian Juninho regarding his time at Boro under Steve McLaren. Basically said he wasn't sure about McLaren's Man Management as he was 'with you' one day and 'against you' the next. Said he thought McLaren was jealous over the support that Juninho had with the Boro fans. Martin Keown pretty much backed up the claim saying taht McLaren's man management at Boro wasn't the best.

A company owned by Tony Jimenez - previously of this house - has taken over Charlton.

Seen that, I hope his ego has took a rain check & he now realises he does not know La Liga like he thinks he does. If not Charlton are fucked.