Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Woodgate

Thigh Strain

Was just gonna post that...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/9400111.stm

Came on as a sub for 30 minutes, and he's injured again.

Sad, really. Class defender. Crazy to think Leeds had both Woodgate and Ferdinand on their books, would love to have seen that partnership for England over the years.

Woodgate

Thigh Strain

Was just gonna post that...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/9400111.stm

Came on as a sub for 30 minutes, and he's injured again.

Sad, really. Class defender. Crazy to think Leeds had both Woodgate and Ferdinand on their books, would love to have seen that partnership for England over the years.

yup, would have been a class pairing had they both stayed injury free

Guest johnson293

From one injury prone former player, to another.....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3416050/Michael-Owen-hit-by-new-KO-blow.html

MICHAEL OWEN is facing another spell on the sidelines after damaging his groin in training.

The Manchester United striker's injury curse struck again at the club's Carrington training base on Monday afternoon.

Owen was taking part in a shooting session when he pulled up and immediately walked off the pitch, telling coaching staff his "groin had gone."

He was sent for scans yesterday and United expect to discover today how long the 31-year-old will be out of action.

http://www.teamtalk.com/chelsea/6757134/Barca-to-open-English-academy

What struck me as really funny were these quotes:

".....The Catalan giants will begin staging coaching classes for 300 hopefuls between the ages of six and 16......."

and then

".....The school, which is less than two miles from Chelsea's training ground, is attended by the children of Didier Drogba and Yossi Benayoun......"

Wow. they sure do get around those 2 to have 300 kids between them

http://www.teamtalk.com/chelsea/6757134/Barca-to-open-English-academy

What struck me as really funny were these quotes:

".....The Catalan giants will begin staging coaching classes for 300 hopefuls between the ages of six and 16......."

and then

".....The school, which is less than two miles from Chelsea's training ground, is attended by the children of Didier Drogba and Yossi Benayoun......"

Wow. they sure do get around those 2 to have 300 kids between them

Would be pretty pissed off if they opened one in Newcastle, wonder what Chelsea fans think of this.

Birmigham shareholders in Hong Kong announce different designs for their stadium redevelopment. Anyway the guy they have in the London studio 24/7 is live there, that is if you ignore the dodgy looking backdrop, and the fact that he was on SSN live in the studio in the early hours of the morning.

Just seen that Walsall are offering season tickets to 13-18 year olds for £46. Not only that but they will give them £2 cashback at every game meaning that  if they attend all games they are effectively getting a season ticket for nothing!!! Astonishing deal!!

Peter Ndlovu story about Micky Quinn:

Ndlovu Corner

This month our regular columnist Peter Ndlovu recalls a practical joke on Micky Quinn which went slightly sour

When I first arrived at Coventry City there were some larger than life, colorful characters but non more so than when Micky Quinn arrived!

I remember at away games Mick would get a lot of abuse for being overweight. Hell, even our own supporters named him after a sumo wrestler! After one game I decided it was time to play a joke on the joker, with unfortunately disastrous consequences.

Micky was an absolute animal when it came to drinking and I was the total opposite. I enjoyed the odd drink with the boys but Micky could put away ten pints and not blink. I knew that if I gave him a drinking challenge, he would do it.

We’d just played Arsenal at Highbury and Micky was in boisterous mood after scoring a hat-trick. The match ball was being sponsored by a perfume shop in London and after the game we were all given a bottle of aftershave each to commemorate our win. Micky was out in the corridor doing a television interview so I took this opportunity to empty my aftershave bottle and fill it with water. When Micky returned to the dressing room I hollered at him:

“Hey Micky, do you want my bottle of aftershave too? I can smell you from here.”

“Stick it up your arse” he shouted back, rather politely.

“I’ve got a better idea”

At that moment I started drinking the whole bottle.

Wiping the last drops off my lips I shouted:

Think you’re f**king hard Micky? Try doing that.

The dressing room started chanting Mick’s name as he weighed up whether to accept the challenge. Quick as a flash he grabbed the first bottle he could see, which was poor Phil Babb’s, and downed it! The lads couldn’t stop laughing, it was one of the funniest moments of my life.

Unfortunately things went fast downhill from that moment. Mick fell pretty ill on the coach home and we had to stop off at a motorway services for 3 hours while Mick was sick in the toilets. The club doctor said he was lucky to get through it without having his stomach pumped. Bobby Gould fined me 2 weeks wages, which was quite a lot of money to me, and amazingly he fined Micky as well!

So if someone asks you to drink a bottle of aftershave, have a sip of theirs first!

Peter Ndlovu, he played for Coventry, Nnndllllooooovveee!

Whoever can tell me where that's from get's 10 points to spend on whatever they like*

*the small teddies are 40,000 points.

Fantasy Football League?

They had a bit about a commentator who pronounced his surname "Nnnluuuuuuuuurve".

Ronnie bastard Radford wheeled out get again for today's FA Cup draw. Was Hereford v Newcatle really the only Cup shock ever? It seems to be made out to be more of a big deal as the years go by.

I'll dance on the buggers grave one day