Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Good bit cheaper to live here, I've found.

Aye it does seem a very sad state of affairs alright Oldtype. Some friends of mine were at a Daejeon match recently, they were 2-0 up with ten minutes to go and lost 3-2, they said at the time the team completely just stopped playing at the end of the game.

Player recently committed suicide (in Seoul, I think) as well I heard, hope it's nothing to do with the fixing scandal. Killing yourself over Korean league football would be as pointless a death as I could imagine, no Koreans I've talked to here give a shit about their own teams.

How does the cost of living in Korea compare to England?

There are internationals involved who commanded salaries roughly commensurate to that of lower-end Premier League players ...

And how much money is involved in top-end Korean football, they're surely on as much as the game can afford?

Cost of living is, I would guess, about half that of living in London. Don't know about how it would be relative to the Northeast.

As for wages, our absolute highest-paid players get are on 10,000p/w as far as I know. The average should be somewhere around 1/5 that.

South Korean domestic football is officially going to hell due to a massive, massive, absolutely f***ing ridiculous match-fixing scandal.

Initial investigation revealed 10 current and former players who were engaged in match fixing, all of whom were banned for life from Korean professional football. Then the second investigation came up with an additional 45 players.

One team in particular has lost 9 active players to match-fixing bans, including 3 of their 4 goalkeepers. After their only remaining goalkeeper was sent off last week, they had to play 90 minutes this week with a defender in goal.

Now just today it's been revealed that the manager of that same team has been receiving payments by persistently blackmailing the parents of players whom he knew were match-fixing.

Absolutely f***ing ridiculous. :lol:

Spineless.

Guest icemanblue

:: GEOFF SHEARD – the businessman who fronted an American takeover bid for the Magpies two summers ago – has been declared bankrupt.

Redheugh will be gutted.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Carlton Cole signing for Stoke. Thank fuck.

That really is a huge sigh of relief.  :lol: