Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Yesterday's one minute silence was the best observed 1MS I've had the pleasure of being part of :thup:

First one my daughter (22) has been at and she couldnt believe that the stadium could suddenly go so quiet. Sad I know, but I was excited for her during it, knowing that at the end of the minute the roof would be coming off.

Even I still find it an amazing occurrence and so proud that its observed correctly.

Yesterday's one minute silence was the best observed 1MS I've had the pleasure of being part of :thup:

Some steward/copper evidently wasn't observing it near me, all you could here was muffled speech coming through their walkie talkie.

The roar after a minutes silence is probably in my top 3 favourite things in football.

Blyth Spartan's Offiong has reported racism after an opposition player said "Where's your bunch of bananas, show me your passport." such a shame to see racism a lot more widespread in the game over the past few week than i thought it was.

Completely and utterly needless and pathetic.

Blyth Spartan's Richard Offiong makes race slur claim at Colwyn Bay rival

A Blyth Spartans footballer has claimed he was the subject of a racial slur from a rival player during a game.

Richard Offiong tweeted a Colwyn Bay player said to him: "Where's your bunch of bananas, show me your passport."

Offiong has confirmed to BBC Wales that he has made an official complaint to the footballing authorities.

Colwyn chairman Bob Paton said in a statement: "We are aware of what is being said and will be making our own internal enquiries."

The Welsh club has said that there will be no further comment made until the internal investigation has been completed.

A Football Association spokesperson told the BBC that at this point English football's governing body was unable to confirm whether a complaint had been lodged.

BBC Wales has attempted to contact the Football Association of Wales, the FA's Welsh counterpart, for comment.

The alleged incident took place during Saturday's 2-2 draw in the Blue Square Bet North division.

The claim from 28-year-old Offiong, who joined Spartans last September after a short spell in Australia with Oakleigh Cannons, comes at a time when racism in football is under scrutiny.

Last month Queens Park Rangers defender Anton Ferdinand gave a statement to the FA relating to claims of racial abuse by Chelsea and England defender John Terry.

Earlier in October Uefa, European football's governing body, began disciplinary proceedings against the Bulgarian Football Union over alleged racist chanting and flares thrown by fans at the Euro 2012 qualifying game between Bulgaria and England in Sofia on 2 September.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15612648.stm

Guest Haris Vuckic

Remember the eerie silence for Jackie Milburn, a crisp packet blowing across the pitch.... anybody remember who we were playing?

Anyone remember the one against Southampton when their fans started singing during it? Tossers.

f***'s sake.  A load of us are going to Norwich and it's FORTY FIVE QUID.  f*** off.

Howay man, best league in the world, like. Should be at least £145 for every ticket...

Fuck that, I'm going dressed as Ainsley Harriott so Delia gets the message about what a bitch she's been.

f***'s sake.  A load of us are going to Norwich and it's FORTY FIVE QUID.  f*** off.

Howay man, best league in the world, like. Should be at least £145 for every ticket...

f*** that, I'm going dressed as Ainsley Harriott so Delia gets the message about what a bitch she's been.

:lol:

Yeah, that is a complete fucking joke. I was hoping of nabbing a ticket but £45? Fuck sake...

I paid £50 to go to Chelsea last year and wasn't happy about it, but that was at a recently successful club with a decent stadium in an affluent area of London.

This is just a total rip.  I've got to get one for one of my mates until he can afford it and had expected to pay £70 for the 2 of us, tops.