Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

That's f***ing crazy. :lol:

Was this system imagined up in response to River going down? Can vaguely remember talk about them messing about to try and change things in their favour when they dropped.

Aye, that was ages ago though and then last season they went down anyway. (Came 5th at the same time they went down though)

Keeps it interesting I guess.

they do a stupid half season thing (apetura or someting and something else). if you can't run a basic football competition how the hell do they expect the UN to look favourably on their claim for the falklands ?

:lol: that's (sort of) ending this season like and a lot of SA countries indulge in that tbf.

God bless Julio Grondona. :anguish:

That's f***ing crazy. :lol:

Was this system imagined up in response to River going down? Can vaguely remember talk about them messing about to try and change things in their favour when they dropped.

Aye, that was ages ago though and then last season they went down anyway. (Came 5th at the same time they went down though)

Keeps it interesting I guess.

they do a stupid half season thing (apetura or someting and something else). if you can't run a basic football competition how the hell do they expect the UN to look favourably on their claim for the falklands ?

:lol: that's (sort of) ending this season like and a lot of SA countries indulge in that tbf.

God bless Julio Grondona. :anguish:

have you saw the belgian system ?

How they getting rid of it like Disco? Spill the beans ye plastic Argie.

They're reverting to a 38 game season although if different teams are top of after 19 and 38 they'll playoff for the league title. If the same team is top on both they'll take the title. Relegation wise they're keeping the season average but fucking off the playoffs so the bottom 3 will go down. Claro?

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2889/south-america/2012/05/09/3092180/argentina-football-association-confirms-return-to-38-game

Makes for decent entertainment like, going to make a concerted effort to start following the Brasileiro this season too. More than normal amounts of decent players/teams scattered about and usually goes down to the last day anway. Not the easiest too watch like.

Got no idea what goes in Belgium, remember Swiss league used to be (possibly still is) daft as owt n all.

Mad bastards.

Just looking at the Belgian one, splits into 3 sections after 30 game season.

Top 6 that have their points halved and then play each other again twice.

Next 8 going into 2 groups of four and play round robin home and away, winners of each group then play each other before going into a final play-off with the fourth best team from the top 6 to take the Europa place :lol:

Then the bottom 2 play each other 4 times to decide who stays up  :lol:

Mad bastards.

Next 8 going into 2 groups of four and play round robin home and away, winners of each group go into a play-off round with the fourth best team from the top 6  :lol:

like i said...FUCKING MENTAL!

The problem with Brazil is they have grueling state championships before the national one, so there's far too many games. And these state competitions will often see national giants play teams with barely hundreds of fans....they need to sort it out and streamline it. Is Teixeira's replacement likely to change this or not?

Mad bastards.

Next 8 going into 2 groups of four and play round robin home and away, winners of each group go into a play-off round with the fourth best team from the top 6  :lol:

I'm picking up on a theme of countries with daft league systems have underperforming national teams. (despite not being related)

Mad bastards.

like i said...FUCKING MENTAL!

It really is mental, never seen out like it.

Got the relegation bit wrong.

They play each other 5 times not four. The team finishing in 15th (second bottom) is given a 3 point head start and home advantage in 3 of the 5 games.  :lol:

No wonder they make their beer so strong.

World Football Phone In on 5live will be starting soon by the by. Always good for South American BANTZ

Yep, it's always a great listen. Vickery and Brassell are outstanding, although recently they've had Luke Moore from The Football Ramble on.

Got the relegation bit wrong.

They play each other 5 times not four. The team finishing in 15th (second bottom) is given a 3 point head start and home advantage in 3 of the 5 games.  :lol:

No wonder they make their beer so strong.

or it may be because the beer is so strong ?

World Football Phone In on 5live will be starting soon by the by. Always good for South American BANTZ

Yep, it's always a great listen. Vickery and Brassell are outstanding, although recently they've had Luke Moore from The Football Ramble on.

He's easily the best on the TFR but he's been exposed on the the phone in IMO saying that not many people match up to Brassell in terms of all round knowledge of European football. Plus he likes the Toon.

Fuck me it doesn't end there. Whoever loses the relegation round of 5 is directly relegated and replaced by the 2nd division champions. The team that wins the best of 5 has to enter a four way round robin tournament with 2nd-4th placed teams from the second division.  :lol:

f*** me it doesn't end there. Whoever loses the relegation round of 5 is directly relegated and replaced by the 2nd division champions. The team that wins the best of 5 has to enter a four way round robin tournament with 2nd-4th placed teams from the second division.  :lol:

:lol: :lol: f***, I need to read over this and the previous posts again to make sure I get it

He's easily the best on the TFR but he's been exposed on the the phone in IMO saying that not many people match up to Brassell in terms of all round knowledge of European football. Plus he likes the Toon.

Aye I noticed that too. On last week's phone-in he passed on a few questions, which Brassell wouldn't do. Wheelock is pretty good too, but I think the show needs to cover Asia more.

Aye I noticed that too. On last week's phone-in he passed on a few questions, which Brassell wouldn't do. Wheelock is pretty good too, but I think the show needs to cover Asia more.

Definitely although it's a pretty hard task knowing everything. Not too arsed about AFC region but they do totally miss it out and give CONCACAF (USA) region far too much coverage.

Guess it's the Beckham thing, Guardian this weekend is minute by minuting Galaxy v Chivas and have an MLS correspondent despite little or no coverage of anything else outside of Europe.

Definitely although it's a pretty hard task knowing everything. Not too arsed about AFC region but they do totally miss it out and give CONCACAF (USA) region far too much coverage.

Guess it's the Beckham thing, Guardian this weekend is minute by minuting Galaxy v Chivas and have an MLS correspondent despite little or no coverage of anything else outside of Europe.

Talking about giving the USA CONCACAF too much coverage. on a slightly unrelated subject I was baffled at how the USA has pretty much hosted every Gold Cup themselves (apart from 2 or 3 occasions where they co-hosted it with Mexico). I would like to see say Canada host it, they are building some pretty nice Football/Soccer specific stadiums over in Canada now, also how about Mexico host a tournament themselves? They have the stadia for it.

Talking about giving the USA CONCACAF too much coverage. on a slightly unrelated subject I was baffled at how the USA has pretty much hosted every Gold Cup themselves (apart from 2 or 3 occasions where they co-hosted it with Mexico). I would like to see say Canada host it, they are building some pretty nice Football/Soccer specific stadiums over in Canada now, also how about Mexico host a tournament themselves? They have the stadia for it.

Thought they just rotated it? Dunno tbh. Guess it's for ticket revenues as the USA has a massive immigrant population. I have no idea tbh, don't follow the CONCACAF region at all really, don't find it particularly interesting although the MLS seems to be doing alreet.