Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Quite enjoy being sponsored by virgin money. No chance of the name being tarnished really.

There are some really crappy sponsors in the league. Tombola :anguish:

I don't believe things like Alcohol and betting organisations should be allowed to advertise, especially on Premiership club shirts.

Fair enough kids shirts can't have those sponsors on but it doesn't really help when it's on pictures of their favourite players, on TV all the time etc.

You might as well just never let your kids out if that's your attitude. Like I give a fuck about Brown Ale when I was 7, I didn't even know what it was.

To be honest it's not really children who I think this effects the most. I was just using how pointless it is that they ban those adverts on Chidrens shirts.

If you look back at clubs who have had advertisement like that through the years then 9/10 it's clubs based in areas with high levels of alcoholism and gambling addictions.

Sunderland - Tombola

Hull - betting company

Stoke - Bet 365 (next season)

Blackpool - Wonga (the worst of the worst as they take advantage of the poor specifically)

Wigan - betting company

Liverpool - alcohol

Everton - alcohol (not as serious as the alcoholic firm they were sponsored by didn't have their stuff on sale in the UK)

You have some mad political veiws you like Stifler. Alcohol/Betting Site sponosorships on the front of football shirts isn't going to drive people to beer & a gambling adiction.

It may make people think "Hmmm, I might give that beer a try instead of the usual Carling" or "Hmmm, I may try that betting company out on the weekend, i'm getting a bit sick of PaddyPower" it's not going to have people thinking "Well, I was going to stay in today, but after seeing that Brown Ale logo on my sons footy strip i'm going to grab me sell a crate of mad dog and slap the wife about". As a whole, we as a race just aren't that fucking mental.

Its hardly been a secret how heavily betting companies have invested into advertising between football games now. I'm not too bothered, but its the tag lines that annoy me:

"BET NOW!"

Would Alcohol adverts be allowed to flash 'DRINK NOW!' on their adverts? I doubt it.

Guest NufcBano

Opta Sports ‏ @OptaJoe

37% - Papiss Demba Cisse had the best chance conversion rate of any player in the 2011-12 Premier League. Settled.

around 20,000 (Swansea) and 26,000 (Cardiff) i.e. too small

Luckily the biggest competition so far is Georgia. They have exactly one stadium larger than 30K.

Turkey will probably jump in again if they haven't already, but I'm not too sure how keen UEFA is on giving them a tourney right now.

Moving this from the St. James' Park thread as it has no business in there:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18069127

Would all three have enough stadiums?

Scotland:

Celtic Park

Ibrox

Hamden

Murray Field

Wales:

Millennium Stadium

Ireland:

The Aviva

Croke Park (assuming they'd be allowed use it).

Assuming all those stadiums qualify they're still 3 short. Any other stadiums big enough. Of the top of my head the next biggest stadium in Ireland would be Semple Stadium (would need temporary seats in place of terraces and permission from the GAA to use it but even at that I doubt it passes UEFA regulations)

http://www.ruckingball.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/stadium1.jpg holds 50,000 -55,000 but that's with terraces. Thoman Park in Limerick is still smaller iirc

thought of another, the gaelic grounds in limerick and if the gaa ever got around to fixing up pairc ui chaoimh either could serve as a smaller venue, both hold around the 40k mark iirc (even if the pairc is falling apart) not all stadia need to be huge a number around 30k and 40k are acceptable to Uefa. above all else the main problem is a 3 way bid won't be looked on favourably by the suits

Random thought just popped into my head. Attendences dont reflect the true amount of people in the stadium. Couple hundred more working. Interesting, I know

I have said this on another forum in regards to the bidding for Euro 2020 and Turkeys bid.

UEFA are in a difficult position. FIFA a year or so ago were slated for being corrupt for giving the world cups to the two nations out of all the bids who should never have got them are renowned for being being corrupt/elitist nations. If UEFA then give the Euro's to a nation thats riddled with corruption within football then it's going to open up a whole can of worms.

"Sanka, ya dead?"

"Ya man."

He's more Nathan Dyer, if you ask me:

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/54722000/jpg/_54722596_cdf_mf_swansea_v_wigan23-1.jpg http://www.overthinkingit.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/sanka.jpg

Quite enjoy being sponsored by virgin money. No chance of the name being tarnished really.

There are some really crappy sponsors in the league. Tombola :anguish:

I don't believe things like Alcohol and betting organisations should be allowed to advertise, especially on Premiership club shirts.

Fair enough kids shirts can't have those sponsors on but it doesn't really help when it's on pictures of their favourite players, on TV all the time etc.

i'm not arsed about alcohol being advertised on shirts, as most of our iconic shirts had the blue star/brown ale logo but i do hate to see gambling websites on shirts