Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

I have said this on another forum in regards to the bidding for Euro 2020 and Turkeys bid.

UEFA are in a difficult position. FIFA a year or so ago were slated for being corrupt for giving the world cups to the two nations out of all the bids who should never have got them are renowned for being being corrupt/elitist nations. If UEFA then give the Euro's to a nation thats riddled with corruption within football then it's going to open up a whole can of worms.

Well, if they were the only bid (not counting Georgia) and the UEFA refuse to give it to them, isn't that a bit... shady as well? :lol:

Not that I've paid any attention to this bidding process, mind.

Quite enjoy being sponsored by virgin money. No chance of the name being tarnished really.

There are some really crappy sponsors in the league. Tombola :anguish:

I don't believe things like Alcohol and betting organisations should be allowed to advertise, especially on Premiership club shirts.

Fair enough kids shirts can't have those sponsors on but it doesn't really help when it's on pictures of their favourite players, on TV all the time etc.

i'm not arsed about alcohol being advertised on shirts, as most of our iconic shirts had the blue star/brown ale logo but i do hate to see gambling websites on shirts

Not fussed on the betting sites on shirts but the one that I dislike the most is the Wonga one on Blackpool's shirts.

That's just wrong imo, the only people that service is "designed" for, is the desperate.

Found out today that Newcastle United played a part in the invention of the windscreen wiper. Fancy that.

:mystery:???

Explain

From Wiki:

Captain Gladstone Adams (16 May 1880–1966) was, at one time, the Chairman of Whitley Bay Urban District Council.

In April 1908, he drove down to Crystal Palace Park in a 1904 Daracq-Caron motorcar to see Newcastle United play against Wolverhampton Wanderers in the FA Cup final. It was such a novelty to see a car in those days that it was put into a car showroom window while he was there, because so many people wanted to see it. On the way back from the cup final, snow kept getting on the windscreen and Gladstone had to keep getting out of the car to clear it. This experience led to his invention of the windscreen wiper. In April 1911, Gladstone patented the design of a windscreen wiper with Sloan & Lloyd Barnes, patent agents of Liverpool.

Moving this from the St. James' Park thread as it has no business in there:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18069127

Would all three have enough stadiums?

Scotland:

Celtic Park

Ibrox

Hamden

Murray Field

Wales:

Millennium Stadium

Ireland:

The Aviva

Croke Park (assuming they'd be allowed use it).

Assuming all those stadiums qualify they're still 3 short. Any other stadiums big enough. Of the top of my head the next biggest stadium in Ireland would be Semple Stadium (would need temporary seats in place of terraces and permission from the GAA to use it but even at that I doubt it passes UEFA regulations)

http://www.ruckingball.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/stadium1.jpg holds 50,000 -55,000 but that's with terraces. Thoman Park in Limerick is still smaller iirc

thought of another, the gaelic grounds in limerick and if the gaa ever got around to fixing up pairc ui chaoimh either could serve as a smaller venue, both hold around the 40k mark iirc (even if the pairc is falling apart) not all stadia need to be huge a number around 30k and 40k are acceptable to Uefa. above all else the main problem is a 3 way bid won't be looked on favourably by the suits

Pairc ui chaoimh is a shit hole. Needs major re-development before any body should even look at the thing :lol: Gaelic Grounds are a nightmare for parking and stuff. As far as I know that's a UEFA regulation isn't it?

Moving this from the St. James' Park thread as it has no business in there:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18069127

Would all three have enough stadiums?

Scotland:

Celtic Park

Ibrox

Hamden

Murray Field

Wales:

Millennium Stadium

Ireland:

The Aviva

Croke Park (assuming they'd be allowed use it).

Assuming all those stadiums qualify they're still 3 short. Any other stadiums big enough. Of the top of my head the next biggest stadium in Ireland would be Semple Stadium (would need temporary seats in place of terraces and permission from the GAA to use it but even at that I doubt it passes UEFA regulations)

http://www.ruckingball.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/stadium1.jpg holds 50,000 -55,000 but that's with terraces. Thoman Park in Limerick is still smaller iirc

thought of another, the gaelic grounds in limerick and if the gaa ever got around to fixing up pairc ui chaoimh either could serve as a smaller venue, both hold around the 40k mark iirc (even if the pairc is falling apart) not all stadia need to be huge a number around 30k and 40k are acceptable to Uefa. above all else the main problem is a 3 way bid won't be looked on favourably by the suits

Pairc ui chaoimh is a shit hole. Needs major re-development before any body should even look at the thing :lol: Gaelic Grounds are a nightmare for parking and stuff. As far as I know that's a UEFA regulation isn't it?

theres been some plans to do up the Pairc to a 60k stadium for a while so if they ever get around to actually doing the work it would serve well. But yes as is its a death trap and shit hole

would you rather go to the nice little concert venue or the large s*** hole?

Fair enough :lol: just saying, if they had a few gigs there they could easily do it up. I don't know if a gig has been played there since oasis in 1996 mind :lol: Marque is a nice little venue. Saw Dylan there last year.

I’m so proud to be going to Cup Final... I’ve ironed my ticket

DOZY Hearts fan Ian Downie told of his horror last night after burning his Scottish Cup Final ticket — when he tried to IRON it.

Ian, 34, was so proud of his prized football brief, he thought it would be a good idea to “spruce it up” ahead of Saturday’s Hampden Park showpiece.

But he now risks MISSING the Jambos’ historic derby clash against Hibs after his ticket was left a charred mess.

Last night Ian said: “I saw my mate’s ticket which looked fresh and brand new and thought, ‘I’ll just spruce it up a little.’

“I put it in a tea towel and ironed it, but I was in shock when I took it out.”

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5714/786n.jpg

:mackems: