Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

its equally as offensive

:lol: yup, those poor ginger slaves

what have slaves got to do with things being offensive? From what I understand there isn't a big stigma placed on ginger hair in the USA compared to the UK where ginger people are mocked and discriminated against.

its equally as offensive

what have slaves got to do with things being offensive? From what I understand there isn't a big stigma placed on ginger hair in the USA compared to the UK where ginger people are mocked and discriminated against.

I don't actually know if you are a WUM or have an unfortunate brain - I was referring to the subjugation of black people where they were considered inferior for hundreds of years, were kept as slaves, treated horrendously and not given equal rights. As far as I know, ginger people have not received the same treatment. Do I, or have I ever ripped on people for being ginger? No, I don't like taking the p*ss out of people for laughs but do I think taking the p*ss out of someone's hair colour is the same as racism? No, I don't

Edit: Equally important is racist hate crime and a continuing belief that people from different ethnic cultures are inferior. These opinions still exist, more so than many think.

its equally as offensive

I don't actually know if you are a WUM or have an unfortunate brain - I was referring to the subjugation of black people where they were considered inferior for hundreds of years, were kept as slaves, treated horrendously and not given equal rights. As far as I know, ginger people have not received the same treatment. Do I, or have I ever ripped on people for being ginger? No, I don't like taking the piss out of people for laughs but do I think taking the piss out of someone's hair colour is the same as racism? No, I don't

It's exactly the same. Black skin, ginger hair, fat people, disabled people etc. Exactly the same.

Discrimination is discrimination, and in principle none of it is acceptable. However if you think that taking the piss out of the colour of someone's hair has the same historical and societal connotations as taking the piss out of the colour of someone's skin then I worry for your sanity. Any comparison is ALWAYS an attempt to condone racist comments rather than an attempt to condemn all the rest. It crops up from time to time.

What about stereotyping because of somebody's profession? Like when you described all police officers as 'pigs'?

i was 10 minutes late into the derby and missed our goal because of them, and with stuff like hillsborough and the miners strike its hardly suprising people dont have any affection for them.

What about stereotyping because of somebody's profession? Like when you described all police officers as 'pigs'?

i was 10 minutes late into the derby and missed our goal because of them, and with stuff like hillsborough and the miners strike its hardly suprising people dont have any affection for them.

aye I regularly forget about the time they helped my nana who tripped in the high street and broke her arm.

aye I regularly forget about the time they helped my nana who tripped in the high street and broke her arm.

I'm confused. I was all set to believe that all police are cunts because of some isolated incidents and now your post makes it seem like all police are angels because of a different isolated incident. I mean, my tiny brain can't comprehend any more than two polar opposites, so what should I believe? :(

I'm confused. I was all set to believe that all police are c***s because of some isolated incidents and now your post makes it seem like all police are angels because of a different isolated incident. I mean, my tiny brain can't comprehend any more than two polar opposites, so what should I believe? :(

an 'isolated incident' should not include 100 people dying or beating up hundreds of protesting workers.

I'm confused. I was all set to believe that all police are c***s because of some isolated incidents and now your post makes it seem like all police are angels because of a different isolated incident. I mean, my tiny brain can't comprehend any more than two polar opposites, so what should I believe? :(

I don't know.  It's almost as if your opinion on the police is down to your own isolated experience, as you say.  Still, I suppose I should show them no "affection" just to be on the safe side.