Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

It was obvious that it would only be a matter of time for Di Matteo. You could tell Roman didn't want to give him the job in the first place but he had no other option after last season's success. That's why he only gave him a short-term contract.

Eaxctly, don't understand why anyone is even worrying about it. If he hadn't won the Champions League Abramovich wouldn't have been forced to appoint him at all.

You can't really credit Di Matteo on winning the Champions League last season as I get the impression that the senior players' drive to prove a point after their treatment by Villas Boas carried them through

You can't really credit Di Matteo on winning the Champions League last season as I get the impression that the senior players' drive to prove a point after their treatment by Villas Boas carried them through

They also played absolutely terribly for the most part.

This guy never had the job really. Roman has just been waiting for the perfect time to strike. Pep's apparently ready to resume management, and ultimately that's all that matters. Not at all surprising. Was a farce from the outset.

Guest palnese

Can't believe they hired him on a permanent basis in the first place. Luckiest CL win in the history of football and a pretty disappointing league run.

Being strong armed into appointing him is one thing but to then spend all that money in the summer probably knowing your next manager is just round the corner is insane. What if they appoint someone who doesn't want to play 6 attacking midfielders at once?

Being strong armed into appointing him is one thing but to then spend all that money in the summer probably knowing your next manager is just round the corner is insane. What if they appoint someone who doesn't want to play 6 attacking midfielders at once?

It makes no difference to them whatsoever. They're a spotty kid with a FIFA cheat code.

I doubt Di Matteo made their signings anyway, so I don't see what difference it makes that he's not going to be the manager any more.

Aye, it's not like there's any manager in the world who wouldn't want the likes of Hazard and Oscar in their squad.

I doubt Di Matteo made their signings anyway, so I don't see what difference it makes that he's not going to be the manager any more.

Aye, it's not like there's any manager in the world who wouldn't want the likes of Hazard and Oscar in their squad.

I'd prefer Obertan and Xisco than those two. Any day of the week.

Guest Mackem Logic

Tbf, Chelsea aren't doing too badly with the constant managerial changes.

Chelsea fan on TS this morning said just that. Changing managers regularly has worked for them, in terms of winning stuff fairly regularly since Abramovich took over.

Saying he would rather change managers and win things, than stick with one man (used Wenger as an example) and win little/nothing.

When put like that, you can almost see a point - however, that logic only works when you have a stupidly rich owner like they have.

Tbf, Chelsea aren't doing too badly with the constant managerial changes.

Chelsea fan on TS this morning said just that. Changing managers regularly has worked for them, in terms of winning stuff fairly regularly since Abramovich took over.

Saying he would rather change managers and win things, than stick with one man (used Wenger as an example) and win little/nothing.

When put like that, you can almost see a point - however, that logic only works when you have a stupidly rich owner like they have.

They would probably have done better if they'd have stuck with Ancelotti and given him the money they've spent on changing managers and players.

Incredibly lazy journalism around this Di Matteo thing. People acting as if he wasn't a temporaru solution anyway, talking about how ruthless it is, load of bollocks.

you'd think winning the champions league might have gotten him a bit more time though