Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

What you will find out has happened is someone done over his Wiki page, elsewhere someone was writing stuff about  in South Africa before the attack was noticed. Before you know it he is being called BELLEND. This is why Wiki is not always 100%.

As that's on the official SA government website, and it's regarding some sort of honour they've given Blatter, I hope to fuck that's what they've put on the medal or whatever he gets. Imagine his face when they present him with a medal saying "Joseph Sepp Bellend Blatter" :lol:

Guest neesy111

This has been expected for almost a year now:

Thierry Henry leaves Barcelona for New York Red Bulls

France striker Thierry Henry has signed for Major League Soccer side New York Red Bulls from Barcelona on a "multi-year contract".

The former Arsenal captain, 32, is expected to make his debut for Red Bulls in a friendly against Tottenham in the United States on 22 July.

Henry signed for Barcelona in 2007 and had one year remaining on his contract but the club agreed to let him leave.

Henry said: "This marks an exciting new chapter in my career and life."

More to follow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8820649.stm

A letter to the owners of West Ham.

Dear Mr Gold and Mr Sullivan,

I refer to your letter to me on the 19th May when you laid out your ten point plan for the future of the club I have supported since I was 5 years old, and one where for the past 11 seasons I have had a season ticket.  At the time, with the season just about to end I decided not to believe your “story” and decline to renew my season tickets.

I put up with almost weekly emails encouraging me to renew my seat despite asking to be removed from your mailing list.  Did you comply with my request in accordance with the Data Protection Act?  No – you simply sent me twice as many.  You emailed me at 3.30pm on Wednesday 23rd June telling me that Scottie Parker was “committed” and why hadn’t I.  I remember it exactly at that time as it was slap bang in the middle of me watching England’s game versus Slovenia.

So now with the season ticket deadline passed there are hints that Parker may indeed be sold to finance more overseas mercenaries such as Mokoena, Piquionne or Barrera – hang on did you not say in point 4 that you would “clear the debt?” How exactly are you going to do that by bringing in such journeymen?  But I know your answer…

Today I decided to buy my tickets for the first games of the season.  As a member I get to buy my tickets at a “members” discount before the general public.  So I went online, added 1 x Adult seat and 1 x child seat for 10 year old Lolly.  To say that I spilt my tea when it came to the “check out” was an understatement.  £81 for two tickets…and that is the cheapest tickets in the house.  £51 for me, £28 for a 10 year old and then you have the cheek to add £2 for an Admin fee – what exactly is that for?  Are you not ripping me off enough?  Should I wish to sit in one of the more “expensive” seats I would be paying £69 and £37 respectively.  £37 for a child.  What planet do you live on?  How exactly is it “making it enjoyable to come and watch?” or even point 5 - “member benefits will be improved”.

I travel each week to and from Copenhagen – a wonderful city and recently named as one of the top 5 expensive cities in the world to live in.  Do you know what I can buy for £37 for my daughter there?  Well how about a ticket to the cinema, entrance to Tivoli Gardens theme park, lunch and a flight to get there in the first place.  How can you justify charging £37 for a child’s ticket?  And nearly £70 for an adults ticket – you do know that is more than a ticket for the Champions League Final, the Europa League Final and even two categories of seats at the World Cup in South Africa.  So I could have got a seat for Portugal v Brazil in the World Cup finals for 40% less than a ticket for West Ham v Chelsea.

Can I ask a simple question?  Do you feel that these prices give value for money, or are you simply doing this to reduce the debt?  I wouldn’t mind if you came out and said “we need to clear the debt so we have to charge you and arm and a leg” but instead you try and justify it with marketing blurb.  I realised last season that despite being a West Ham fan, I actually have a choice.  I do not have to pay these ridiculous sums anymore.  I have taken the £189 I would have paid for tickets for the three games and bought a season ticket to Lewes FC in the Blue Square South, which includes a FREE child’s ticket and then given the remaining £50 to my wife to spend on a new handbag.

The next generation of football fans are the likes of my 10 year old and you are driving them away from the club with your pricing policy.  There will be no one to fill that void in years to come and that is because of the decisions you are making today.  But then again, I expect fans like me to be around long after you have moved on to your next project.

I am sure you don’t actually care that you have lost two more fans.  I do not spend money in the stadium on the average overpriced fayre you serve up.  I do not buy the propoganda match day programme and I do not buy toasters that print WHU on my bread so in that respect I am not your ideal fan.  But I am a true fan and you simply cannot see that, mores the pity.

One day you will see the light.

Guest WashyGeordie

A letter to the owners of West Ham.

Dear Mr Gold and Mr Sullivan,

I refer to your letter to me on the 19th May when you laid out your ten point plan for the future of the club I have supported since I was 5 years old, and one where for the past 11 seasons I have had a season ticket.  At the time, with the season just about to end I decided not to believe your “story” and decline to renew my season tickets.

I put up with almost weekly emails encouraging me to renew my seat despite asking to be removed from your mailing list.  Did you comply with my request in accordance with the Data Protection Act?  No – you simply sent me twice as many.  You emailed me at 3.30pm on Wednesday 23rd June telling me that Scottie Parker was “committed” and why hadn’t I.  I remember it exactly at that time as it was slap bang in the middle of me watching England’s game versus Slovenia.

So now with the season ticket deadline passed there are hints that Parker may indeed be sold to finance more overseas mercenaries such as Mokoena, Piquionne or Barrera – hang on did you not say in point 4 that you would “clear the debt?” How exactly are you going to do that by bringing in such journeymen?  But I know your answer…

Today I decided to buy my tickets for the first games of the season.  As a member I get to buy my tickets at a “members” discount before the general public.  So I went online, added 1 x Adult seat and 1 x child seat for 10 year old Lolly.  To say that I spilt my tea when it came to the “check out” was an understatement.  £81 for two tickets…and that is the cheapest tickets in the house.  £51 for me, £28 for a 10 year old and then you have the cheek to add £2 for an Admin fee – what exactly is that for?  Are you not ripping me off enough?  Should I wish to sit in one of the more “expensive” seats I would be paying £69 and £37 respectively.  £37 for a child.  What planet do you live on?  How exactly is it “making it enjoyable to come and watch?” or even point 5 - “member benefits will be improved”.

I travel each week to and from Copenhagen – a wonderful city and recently named as one of the top 5 expensive cities in the world to live in.  Do you know what I can buy for £37 for my daughter there?  Well how about a ticket to the cinema, entrance to Tivoli Gardens theme park, lunch and a flight to get there in the first place.  How can you justify charging £37 for a child’s ticket?  And nearly £70 for an adults ticket – you do know that is more than a ticket for the Champions League Final, the Europa League Final and even two categories of seats at the World Cup in South Africa.  So I could have got a seat for Portugal v Brazil in the World Cup finals for 40% less than a ticket for West Ham v Chelsea.

Can I ask a simple question?  Do you feel that these prices give value for money, or are you simply doing this to reduce the debt?  I wouldn’t mind if you came out and said “we need to clear the debt so we have to charge you and arm and a leg” but instead you try and justify it with marketing blurb.  I realised last season that despite being a West Ham fan, I actually have a choice.  I do not have to pay these ridiculous sums anymore.  I have taken the £189 I would have paid for tickets for the three games and bought a season ticket to Lewes FC in the Blue Square South, which includes a FREE child’s ticket and then given the remaining £50 to my wife to spend on a new handbag.

The next generation of football fans are the likes of my 10 year old and you are driving them away from the club with your pricing policy.  There will be no one to fill that void in years to come and that is because of the decisions you are making today.  But then again, I expect fans like me to be around long after you have moved on to your next project.

I am sure you don’t actually care that you have lost two more fans.  I do not spend money in the stadium on the average overpriced fayre you serve up.  I do not buy the propoganda match day programme and I do not buy toasters that print WHU on my bread so in that respect I am not your ideal fan.  But I am a true fan and you simply cannot see that, mores the pity.

One day you will see the light.

:thup:

Guest Stephen927

Any reason Guardiola hasn't been offered a longer deal? Signed a new 1 year deal to take him to the end of the forthcoming season.

West Allotments Jamie McClen scored last night.

Hebburn Town just edged West Allotment Celtic 2-1. Shaun Carroll gave them the lead when he cut in from the right, and former Newcastle United and Newcastle Blue Star player Jamie McClen equalised when introduced as a substitute.

He fired home a free-kick from the left, but Anthony Myers claimed the winner with four minutes left, also from a free-kick.

Any reason Guardiola hasn't been offered a longer deal? Signed a new 1 year deal to take him to the end of the forthcoming season.

No president of Barca wants to be the fella that sacks a legendary captain & a winning manager.  I think Pep wants the MUFC job & as a Barca legend he cant walk out them for another club. So a  short term deal is ideal for both as it gives a natural parting of ways.

Guest Stephen927
DAVID Beckham says if he was not a footballer he would like to build Lego for a living.

The hunky star admits he loves playing with the colourful toy bricks.

And David, 35, told how he even bought a kit of the Taj Mahal to feed his obsession.

Becks said: “What would I like to do if I wasn’t a footballer?

“I know it’s not a career but I love doing it and would like to be a professional Lego builder.

“This is going to make me sound weird but when I was in Milan I had such a big amount of spare time.

“I found a Lego model of the Taj Mahal online, so I bought it and started building it.”

The three sons of David and 36-year-old wife Posh are just as mad on the hobby. David said: “They’re obsessed with it.”

Becks spoke in a live web chat with fans from around the world on Yahoo! where he also revealed how much he enjoyed his visit to see troops in Afghanistan.

He added: “It was really life- changing to go somewhere like Afghanistan where men and women are giving their lives. I’d always wanted to do something like this.”

And he insisted he would never want to take 64-year-old England manager Fabio Capello’s job, adding: “I’ve got no interest in being a manager.

“It’s not something I’ve ever been interested in."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/144441/-David-Beckham-I-want-to-be-pro-Lego-builder-/

Wouldn't we all, David. Wouldn't we all.

DAVID Beckham says if he was not a footballer he would like to build Lego for a living.

And David, 35, told how he even bought a kit of the Taj Mahal to feed his obsession.

“I know it’s not a career but I love doing it and would like to be a professional Lego builder.

“This is going to make me sound weird but when I was in Milan I had such a big amount of spare time.

“I found a Lego model of the Taj Mahal online, so I bought it and started building it.”

The three sons of David and 36-year-old wife Posh are just as mad on the hobby. David said: “They’re obsessed with it.”

Becks spoke in a live web chat with fans from around the world on Yahoo! where he also revealed how much he enjoyed his visit to see troops in Afghanistan.

He added: “It was really life- changing to go somewhere like Afghanistan where men and women are giving their lives. I’d always wanted to do something like this.”

And he insisted he would never want to take 64-year-old England manager Fabio Capello’s job, adding: “I’ve got no interest in being a manager.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/144441/-David-Beckham-I-want-to-be-pro-Lego-builder-/

nice to see these two topics go hand in hand in the same article, can't imagine how you could leave one out given the gravity of both

Imagine another newspaper referring to him as that? :lol:

West Allotments Jamie McClen scored last night.

Hebburn Town just edged West Allotment Celtic 2-1. Shaun Carroll gave them the lead when he cut in from the right, and former Newcastle United and Newcastle Blue Star player Jamie McClen equalised when introduced as a substitute.

He fired home a free-kick from the left, but Anthony Myers claimed the winner with four minutes left, also from a free-kick.

He doesn't even start for West Allotment Celtic?? Jesus christ.

Does anyone know on which times the 1st team training normally takes place, or who I could get that info from? And is it allowed to watch the team train actually?

Thinking of attending a training session when I'm going there.

Does anyone know on which times the 1st team training normally takes place, or who I could get that info from? And is it allowed to watch the team train actually?

They train at little benton. Your not allowed to watch anymore. You use to could years ago but not anymore sadly.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

They train at little benton. Your not allowed to watch anymore. You use to could years ago but not anymore sadly.

If you were sad enough you could watch from the dirt path, but you won't really see much depending on where abouts they're training.

Thanks for the info. Bit shit, though. Don't know what it is about not allowing the fans to watch the training sessions. Would hardly be a problem for the players to train in front of a few hundred fans.

If you were sad enough you could watch from the dirt path, but you won't really see much depending on where abouts they're training.

Thanks, but it's not that I'm that desperate to watch the training.  :lol: 

Thanks for the info. Bit shit, though. Don't know what it is about not allowing the fans to watch the training sessions. Would hardly be a problem for the players to train in front of a few hundred fans.

Might be about game preparation etc..

Might be about game preparation etc..

Yes. Every club has that. I know it from Bayern Munich (were I have been sometimes at a training session) and they are open to the public. Before a matchday there are also training-sessions where no spectators are allowed. Not every training session is about match preparation.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/13072010/58/premier-league-fergie-forced-rest-world-cup-stars.html

Premier League - Fergie forced to rest World Cup stars

Sir Alex Ferguson admits the majority of Manchester United's World Cup stars are unlikely to feature in the club's Premier League opener against Newcastle next month.

England duo Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick, France and South Korea captains Patrice Evra and Park Ji-sung, Serbia defender Nemanja Vidic and new signing Javier Hernandez of Mexico were United's six representatives in South Africa.

Would be good if true, Rooney fucking loves scoring against us.  Could always be those "mind games" though, he always seemed to play his strongest side against us after that 5-0 no matter how shit we were.