Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Seem to remember it was peasepud who first posted it on here? If I'm wrong apologies but remember thinking at the time it was odd how he hadn't posted on here in ages then slipped that one in.

Even if he did, him posting it doesn't mean it came from the NUST does it? It's not like they put out a press release.

Seem to remember it was peasepud who first posted it on here? If I'm wrong apologies but remember thinking at the time it was odd how he hadn't posted on here in ages then slipped that one in.

Even if he did, him posting it doesn't mean it came from the NUST does it? It's not like they put out a press release.

Course not but just it's obvious he put it out there to suit his agenda.

Think it's a bit harsh to criticise NUST for a transfer rumour someone associated with them posted on a forum, agenda or otherwise. It's not like he was the only one to speculate on it - as mentioned I saw at least three separate people saying Harper to Celtic was a done deal.

Think it's a bit harsh to criticise NUST for a transfer rumour someone associated with them posted on a forum, agenda or otherwise. It's not like he was the only one to speculate on it - as mentioned I saw at least three separate people saying Harper to Celtic was a done deal.

You might have more of a point if it was the only time it had been done (the stunt with the finances springs to mind).

Peasepud was on the committee of NUST. It was sometimes unclear whether he was expressing a personal opinion or his organisation's policy, which in itself is rather dangerous and irresponsible.

What I remember from his posts at the time was that despite the fact that he clearly saw it as his role to encourage people to commit themselves, he didn't have an understanding of the basics of the financial scheme that NUST were putting forward. I'm not talking about details, I'm talking about fundamentals. It felt that NUST itself didn't have a clue what they were getting into, and the idea that they were remotely competent to handle millions of pounds of supporters' money or be responsible for a large business was ludicrous.

Peasepud was on the committee of NUST. It was sometimes unclear whether he was expressing a personal opinion or his organisation's policy, which in itself is rather dangerous and irresponsible.

What I remember from his posts at the time was that despite the fact that he clearly saw it as his role to encourage people to commit themselves, he didn't have an understanding of the basics of the financial scheme that NUST were putting forward. I'm not talking about details, I'm talking about fundamentals. It felt that NUST itself didn't have a clue what they were getting into, and the idea that they were remotely competent to handle millions of pounds of supporters' money or be responsible for a large business was ludicrous.

He admitted as much himself to be fair.  I always felt he was rather 'hung out to dry' in terms of communicating it on the various forums.

:lol: Fucking hell, he was passing on a rumour. We all do that.

He admitted as much himself to be fair.  I always felt he was rather 'hung out to dry' in terms of communicating it on the various forums.

I always though he came on here off his own back, after all he was the most active on both here in Toontastic out of NUST committee members. I think he got sucked into a lot of stuff over here especially because there was a large amount of shite being posted about how the organisation fitted into the initial and later protests against Ashley.

:lol: f***ing hell, he was passing on a rumour. We all do that.

Would he have passed on a rumour do you think had it involved something positive from the club?

:lol: f***ing hell, he was passing on a rumour. We all do that.

Would he have passed on a rumour do you think had it involved something positive from the club?

Yes. I've seen enough of his posts over on Toontastic to know he's not riddled with blind hatred for Mike Ashley and can't bring himself to acknowledge the club when it does something correctly.

I always though he came on here off his own back, after all he was the most active on both here in Toontastic out of NUST committee members. I think he got sucked into a lot of stuff over here especially because there was a large amount of shite being posted about how the organisation fitted into the initial and later protests against Ashley.

That's what I mean, he was kind of left to get on with it on his own in that respect, somewhat unfairly imo.

A lot of the 'shite' you're referring to did turn out to be correct about them as a group tbf.

That's what I mean, he was kind of left to get on with it on his own in that respect, somewhat unfairly imo.

A lot of the 'shite' you're referring to did turn out to be correct about them as a group tbf.

I'm talking about the "NUSC/T organised the original 'boycoutt'" stuff that was complete bollocks as it didn't even exist then. There was also some falsehoods doing the rounds about the march pre-Everton match too which were debunked.

I'm talking about the "NUSC/T organised the original 'boycoutt'" stuff that was complete bollocks as it didn't even exist then. There was also some falsehoods doing the rounds about the march pre-Everton match too which were debunked.

So NUSC didnt advocate and encourage a boycott against the club?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your loyalty and support during the past membership year, it is greatly appreciated. Your membership has enabled us to accomplish so much in our first year as a Supporters Trust.

Following elections in March we have the first Trust Board in place, which includes co-opted Newcastle Central MP Chi Onwurah, to drive the Trust forward.

The NUST is committed to developing links with the community and we intend to continue this process by developing awareness, and building membership, by arranging events and meetings to strengthen the influence of the Trust. We want to build on the successes we have already achieved which include:

• NUST has already helped to raise considerable amounts for local charities, including over £7,500 for the ‘Sir Bobby Robson Foundation’.

• The ongoing formation of a ‘Junior Trust’ which through coaching and other various events will help to connect young people in the north east with their football club and hopefully assist in guaranteeing the future support of Newcastle United.

• The Trust’s ‘Local Achievers’ initiative has already rewarded numerous people in the local community by providing them with tickets for a wide range of ‘good citizen’ activities. This scheme will continue and help many fans, including many from disadvantaged parts of society, to see their team at St James’ Park.

The Board of the NUST firmly believes that the only way for NUFC to have a long term stable financial future, and success on the pitch, is for the fans organised with the help of the Trust, to try to arrange the finance to place the club permanently in an ownership model which involves fans as essential stakeholders. The NUST Board is currently considering a number of ideas that we believe will help to achieve this aim.

Your support is absolutely vital to the NUST and underpins all we try to do and is greatly appreciated. We’re proud of what we have been able to achieve in our first year and we could not have done it without you. Only by increasing membership and influence can the Trust hope to move forward, with your help we can all look forward to a bright future.

Upon renewing you will be issued with your newly produced original NUST £1 share certificate.

Please renew your membership today and show your support for the future of the NUST.

Be interested to see the renewals figures.

Guest Roger Kint

Did they really acheive the first? If anything awareness of them has probably dropped a lot since its formation if you did a straw poll of your local today.