Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

NUST have been all over the place. When they should have been organising protests they didn’t, but got branded as a protest group anyway. Then they launched the ludicrously ambitious yes we can campaign, which was always doomed to fail. Hopefully now they’ll settle down and focus on achievable goals.

The negative views about NUST on here are depressingly predictable. Sure they’ve made a few mistakes but their heart is in the right place and a strong supporters’ organisation can only be a good thing. It’s strange that people will forgive Ashley but can’t bring themselves to give an organisation that genuinely cares about the long term future of NUFC a second chance.

Take it as read, there is a certain tongue in cheek nature to the start of this post, but forgive me for bringing up Adams or McGuinness as charming and committed characters at the forefront of Irish politics as a mirror to my feelings on NUST and its followers creeping interest in sidling up to the more sane and settled supporter out there.

NUST's initial actions and tacit approval of the ludicrous bile thrown around during their inception will always shadow any statements they release to an apparently increasingly uniterested press. Fuck 'em. Until they display regret, I'll not forgive them, and will actively fight against them if they ever again hint that they speak on my (as a long time supporters) behalf.

However much I believe we'd benefit from a stronger voice on ticketing, stewarding and general community liasons, I don't believe that I could ever feel comfortable championing such dialogue under NUSTs tarnished banner.

Guest malandro

NUST have been all over the place. When they should have been organising protests they didn’t, but got branded as a protest group anyway. Then they launched the ludicrously ambitious yes we can campaign, which was always doomed to fail. Hopefully now they’ll settle down and focus on achievable goals.

The negative views about NUST on here are depressingly predictable. Sure they’ve made a few mistakes but their heart is in the right place and a strong supporters’ organisation can only be a good thing. It’s strange that people will forgive Ashley but can’t bring themselves to give an organisation that genuinely cares about the long term future of NUFC a second chance.

Take it as read, there is a certain tongue in cheek nature to the start of this post, but forgive me for bringing up Adams or McGuinness as charming and committed characters at the forefront of Irish politics as a mirror to my feelings on NUST and its followers creeping interest in sidling up to the more sane and settled supporter out there.

NUST's initial actions and tacit approval of the ludicrous bile thrown around during their inception will always shadow any statements they release to an apparently increasingly uniterested press. f*** 'em. Until they display regret, I'll not forgive them, and will actively fight against them if they ever again hint that they speak on my (as a long time supporters) behalf.

However much I believe we'd benefit from a stronger voice on ticketing, stewarding and general community liasons, I don't believe that I could ever feel comfortable championing such dialogue under NUSTs tarnished banner.

NUSC was created because the ‘fanzines’ were being bombarded with thousands of requests to organise action in the immediate aftermath of Keegan’s dismissal. It’s hardly surprising therefore that in the early stages it reflected the anger amongst supporters. What is surprising is the speed at which the temporary committee moved the organisation away from an emotionally driven agenda. The important thing is that we now have a supporters group with proper rules and an established infrastructure.  There’s isn’t a cat in hells chance anybody else is going to put the time and money into creating another organisation that can offer the supporters some form of representation. As far as supporters groups go, it’s NUST or nothing.

The choice is simple, we can support NUST and help it grow into an effective and representative organisation, or we can slag it off for making a few mistakes during a highly emotionally charged period of the club’s history and go back to being represented by kids with bed sheets and self promoting individuals.

Guest HGB1892

NUST have been all over the place. When they should have been organising protests they didnt, but got branded as a protest group anyway. Then they launched the ludicrously ambitious yes we can campaign, which was always doomed to fail. Hopefully now theyll settle down and focus on achievable goals.

The negative views about NUST on here are depressingly predictable. Sure theyve made a few mistakes but their heart is in the right place and a strong supporters organisation can only be a good thing. Its strange that people will forgive Ashley but cant bring themselves to give an organisation that genuinely cares about the long term future of NUFC a second chance.

NUST's initial actions and tacit approval of the ludicrous bile thrown around during their inception will always shadow any statements they release to an apparently increasingly uniterested press. f*** 'em. Until they display regret, I'll not forgive them, and will actively fight against them if they ever again hint that they speak on my (as a long time supporters) behalf.

NUSC was created because the fanzines were being bombarded with thousands of requests to organise action in the immediate aftermath of Keegans dismissal. Its hardly surprising therefore that in the early stages it reflected the anger amongst supporters. What is surprising is the speed at which the temporary committee moved the organisation away from an emotionally driven agenda. The important thing is that we now have a supporters group with proper rules and an established infrastructure.  Theres isnt a cat in hells chance anybody else is going to put the time and money into creating another organisation that can offer the supporters some form of representation. As far as supporters groups go, its NUST or nothing.

The choice is simple, we can support NUST and help it grow into an effective and representative organisation, or we can slag it off for making a few mistakes during a highly emotionally charged period of the clubs history and go back to being represented by kids with bed sheets and self promoting individuals.

At least the kids with bedsheets don't charge you for the pleasure.

At the end of the day at least those people with bedsheets and/or in the NUST acted on their beliefs - despite it being to varying degrees.

Anyone can stand in a pub arguing or sit typing onto a forum how wrong these people were, but at the end of the day, typing on here does fuck all to change owt, as does standing in a pub debating with your friends.

So credit where credits due.

The peoplke who complain about both should think before they whinge, tbf.

At the end of the day at least those people with bedsheets and/or in the NUST acted on their beliefs - despite it being to varying degrees.

Anyone can stand in a pub arguing or sit typing onto a forum how wrong these people were, but at the end of the day, typing on here does fuck all to change owt, as does standing in a pub debating with your friends.

I agree to most of that, but is it now time to put the sheet back on the bed and get behind the club for the sake of the club? Their previous actions were always with the best intentions and the club at heart, but right now I think their efforts are best used supporting the club in full trying to have everyone pulling in the same direction.

I agree to most of that, but is it now time to put the sheet back on the bed and get behind the club for the sake of the club? Their previous actions were always with the best intentions and the club at heart, but right now I think their efforts are best used supporting the club in full trying to have everyone pulling in the same direction.

I really hope someone has that Boycoutt sheet on their bed :lol:

Anyone can stand in a pub arguing or sit typing onto a forum how wrong these people were, but at the end of the day, typing on here does f*** all to change owt, as does standing in a pub debating with your friends.

I agree 100%. I shoud have made it clearer but I was really on about the whole Ashley out thing...

To be fair there's hardly been anything said by them that can be construed as counter productive for quite some time.

Doing nothing is better than doing something stupid.

Anyone can stand in a pub arguing or sit typing onto a forum how wrong these people were, but at the end of the day, typing on here does f*** all to change owt, as does standing in a pub debating with your friends.

Doing nothing is better than doing something stupid.

It all depends on the scenario and in this scenario doing something was the right thing. Regardless of how Sky and the likes used it to make us look like idiots, it showed everyone that we're not mugs for letting this slip by. I'd far rather have numpties miss-spelling words on bedsheets than ignorant moaning old farts whinge about it in a pub.

If more people walked instead of talked maybe these acts of protest would have been less embarassing and more effective.

It's all subject to opinion of course.

Whereas being in the NUST has changed so much ;)

Whereas being in the NUST has changed so much ;)

They created a group which got a lot of media attention and attention form fellow fans. The group itself did nowt apart from keep Mike Ashlety in the public eye for a while, which in itself keeps the fire burning, or adding petrol to a steadily burning fire, if you will.