Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Still though, I don't want to be associated with anything that pretends NUFC is still a football club and business can continue in any way as usual.

In normal times this trust would be a great way to get things done. The odd repair, some banners in the stands etc. But we haven't been in normal times for a while now.

I just don't know if it's where supporters should be directing their efforts. I just need to check out completely TBH.

Guest The Little Waster

" We won’t ever organise a boycott or anything like that - we will always put key NUFC issues to the membership"

Pointless then

Exactly, they can't organise a boycott because they're official and linked to the club and the league. I don't see the point right now, and I can't understand why current circumstances would lead more people to join.

Hate to criticise good fans like, I don't want it to come across like that.

" We won’t ever organise a boycott or anything like that - we will always put key NUFC issues to the membership"

Pointless then

At a normal club it's good to have a board of representatives that can raise issues about things like ticket sales admin, access, communication and whatever else.  But the entire club is a fucking tyre fire, all of these things are totally irrelevant and the only relevant issue is the one they can't address.  Rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic.

full of people in it for the limelight and to feel important. at least some of them will get to meet whoever the new manager is

As long as the money doesn't go into NUFC it's not the end of the world. Anyone joining is an idiot though. No point trying to work with the club as long as Ashley is here. There's no other way than to work against him.

Edit: Unless you're a double agent and propose to implement less accessibility, higher ticket prices and merchandise.

Love the amount of people that bitch and moan yet do fuck all.

I joined. Cost me £1. Less than the price of a bottle of juice. I won’t bitch and moan about anyone trying to do something, anything.

As long as the money doesn't go into NUFC it's not the end of the world. Anyone joining is an idiot though. No point trying to work with the club as long as Ashley is here. There's no other way than to work against him.

Edit: Unless you're a double agent and propose to implement less accessibility, higher ticket prices and merchandise.

Honestly so easy to sling the word idiot about. What exactly are you doing?

Guest The Little Waster

I joined. Cost me £1. Less than the price of a bottle of juice. I won’t bitch and moan about anyone trying to do something, anything.

How will joining NUST  help get rid of Ashley ?

I don’t know. Do you have the answers? Go on tell us all the simple solution that’ll get rid of Ashley? We are all ears.

Me? I’m willing to try everything and anything while not calling fellow fans idiots for trying in their own way. That’s just me tho

Pointless then

At a normal club it's good to have a board of representatives that can raise issues about things like ticket sales admin, access, communication and whatever else.  But the entire club is a fucking tyre fire, all of these things are totally irrelevant and the only relevant issue is the one they can't address.  Rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic.

Got to agree with this.

Would concern me that pretty much every single TF writer and commentator is involved too, surely that's going to cloud their impartiality.

Probably still join though, what's a quid to the metropolitan elite of this city these days?

Help us organise for one and ultimately provide the basis to provide legal means for fans to put forward serious cash in aid of any bid. That has to be their long term goal. With the hope of it buying fan rep. They’ll be held on contempt as much as the rest of us until then but at least it won’t be some flash in the pan movement.

Pointless then

Got to agree with this.

Would concern me that pretty much every single TF writer and commentator is involved too, surely that's going to cloud their impartiality.

You can join the board if you wish.

I dunno guys. All I know a supporters trust has been invaluable at my local club and these guys work extremely hard. It’s a much smaller scale than Newcastle tho.

Guest The Little Waster

I don’t know. Do you have the answers? Go on tell us all the simple solution that’ll get rid of Ashley? We are all ears.

Me? I’m willing to try everything and anything while not calling fellow fans idiots for trying in their own way. That’s just me tho

All fans can do is walk away and try and convince other fans to do the same ... NUST isn't about to do that .

Guest The Little Waster

NUST

All fans can do is walk away and try and convince other fans to do the same ... NUST isn't about to do that .

I agree with walking away. I just can’t do nothing. I joined it cost £1. I won’t slag people who try to make things better. That’s just not me

Pointless then

Got to agree with this.

I dunno guys. All I know a supporters trust has been invaluable at my local club and these guys work extremely hard. It’s a much smaller scale than Newcastle tho.

And I think that's the crux of it. Lower down the pyramid or a properly ran club they're very much an asset. The state of NUFC though, I'm less sure.

Like I edited my post to say I'll probably stick them a quid but we need impartial, authoritative dissenting voices as much as anything else at this moment in time IMO.

NUST

It’s not up to them to arrange a boycott that’s not what they are about. Doesn’t mean they won’t support one

Pointless then

Got to agree with this.

And I think that's the crux of it. Lower down the pyramid or a properly ran club they're very much an asset. The state of NUFC though, I'm less sure.

Like I edited my post to say I'll probably stick them a quid but we need impartial, authoritative dissenting voices as much as anything else at this moment in time IMO.

I agree tbh