Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
9. As part of the aims of Newcastle United Supporters Trust, we are seeking to pool fans' money together to buy a stake in Newcastle United Football Club.

In order to do this we need to understand how likely, if at all, you are able to invest £500 through the Trust to buy a share of Newcastle United Football Club? *

:facepalm: :dowie:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I think they've got a nerve to ask for MORE money, when they've done nowt with the money they've syphoned off people already.

I would rather have Ashley in charge of the club than the NUST.

They're ridiculous. This sums up my sentiments.

Like fuck, steal a load of poor peoples' money already who thought they were doing good for this club, not tell anyone what they've done with it, chug along doing fuck all until the next big crisis comes along and ask for more money?

• 4 weeks later...

In the aftermath of Newcastle United selling their star striker and no replacement arriving, it's maybe no bad thing that NUST are by coincidence ready to release the headline report following their recent survey of almost five thousand supporters, both members and non-members of the Trust.

Whether Andy Carroll's departure has simply been an opportunist sale or part of a long-term strategy, the results of our survey give a clear picture as to how the fans see the best way forward for our club.

Newcastle Fans Demand Input On How Club Is Run

- survey reveals over 75% want a stake in the football club and fans represented on the board

New research into what Newcastle United fans think of their football club shows that a staggering 96% of supporters feel the current owners do not listen to their concerns and 78% believe they should be allowed to take a stake in the football club.

The survey of more than 4,700 fans by Newcastle United Supporters' Trust also reveals the majority do not believe the club is currently capable of establishing itself in the Top 5 of the Premier League, despite the organisation's success in controlling costs such as by offloading high wage earners.

"It is clear that the fans are not happy with how the current owners are running the Club," said Norman Watson, chair of Newcastle United Supporters' Trust (NUST). "However, Newcastle fans support our stance as a Trust and are telling us that they want a say in how the Club is run and owned and want the Trust to work with Mike Ashley in order to achieve that aim".

The Club's recent history - including the dismissal of Chris Hughton as manager and how the Employment Tribunal viewed the Club's handling of Keegan's dismissal and its admission that it is not truthful in its dealings with the fans – seems to be affecting supporters' thoughts on Mike Ashley's ownership. Nine out of ten Newcastle supporters (91%) are not happy with how their Club is being run off the pitch and almost all supporters responding to the survey (96%) do not think the current owners listen to the fans.

The recent turmoil at Newcastle United, as well as how other Premier League football clubs are being handled by new owners, seems to be influencing fans' thoughts on how they would like Newcastle to be owned and run in the future. Only 9% of supporters want the current board to remain in control at the Club, with 79% indicating they would be in support of NUST buying a stake in Newcastle United with other investors, such as investment institutions or wealthy individuals. In addition, 85% of fans believe that fans should be represented at Board level in the football club.

Despite their thoughts about the current owners, fans are realistic and would like Newcastle United Supporters' Trust to establish a dialogue and work closer with the current board in order to realise their aims of owning a stake and having a say in the running of the Club.

The whole thing's just turned into a joke now. They're talking about working with Ashley in one paragraph, and then talking about potential takeovers in the next. Like he's going to let people like that get involved? It would be hard enough to get in a meeting with Ashley to put the fans' views forward in the first place, let alone when you then go and admit you're putting the feelers out about launching a fucking takeover bid.

And was this definately already planned to be the day these 'figures' were released? Just find it a bit too coincidental that they suddenly make noise during another negative newsworthy moment. As always.

4,700 who competed their own on line survey (was it qualified in any way or could a supporter of any club have a go ?) provided those quite convincing results.

Ballot the 50,000 who go to the match and support the club and it may have some credibility.

^^ Look who it is.

I normally try not to get personal but I think you're a bit of a saddo.

All you seem to do at the moment is look out for your "usual suspects" posts so you can point them out.

Who exactly are you pointing them out to ?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Those who filled in the survey would have had a bias against the club anyway, as they were/are part of NUST?

Guest Roger Kint

Those who filled in the survey would have had a bias against the club anyway, as they were/are part of NUST?

The survey was open to anyone, i filled it in via nufc.com(somebody on here mentioned it being there iirc) to see what sort of crap they asked. There was no need to submit with email or anything so it was easily open to abuse. Not sure the trust would be printing my 'other suggestions' anytime soon mind....

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The survey was open to anyone, i filled it in via nufc.com(somebody on here mentioned it being there iirc) to see what sort of crap they asked. There was no need to submit with email or anything so it was easily open to abuse. Not sure the trust would be printing my 'other suggestions' anytime soon mind....

Yeah, understand that part. What I meant, but totally didn't write in my sleepy haze from my afternoon student nap was...

People who took this survey will have been more inclined to be against Ashley. Anyone who was happy with the club, or felt indifferent, probably saw the length of it and thought 'why bother'. It'd be interesting to see the percentage of NUST members against/Non that took the survey.

Likewise, I'd like to see the results from the rest of the survey, but I doubt we will. Feels like I wasted my time filling in the leading and sometimes narrow survey.