Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Guest neesy111

NUST are a supporters club not a protest group, this is the very thing they should be doing tbh. As a supporters club/trust! Can’t knock them for that man!

Exactly

Whey whatever, anyone not with the boycott movement now can get fucked as far as i'm concerned, and these clearly arent if they are bothered about incidents at the match.

You are clearly commenting about something you don’t fully understand.

Guest neesy111

Whey whatever, anyone not with the boycott movement now can get f***ed as far as i'm concerned, and these clearly arent if they are bothered about incidents at the match.

Are you stupid or just ignorant?

Whey whatever, anyone not with the boycott movement now can get f***ed as far as i'm concerned, and these clearly arent if they are bothered about incidents at the match.

Are you stupid or just ignorant?

A toss of a coin at this point

Nobody is reasoning with Mike Ashley.

Having dialogue with his club and expecting reasonable discussion.

You get very reasonable discussion on points such as those I stated above. Below Lee Charnley there are some very good people working for NUFC, that do the best they can in very challenging circumstances and need their jobs to pay their mortgages and feed their children.

You get very reasonable discussion on points such as those I stated above. Below Lee Charnley there are some very good people working for NUFC, that do the best they can in very challenging circumstances and need their jobs to pay their mortgages and feed their children.

Very well but this forum is about NUFC not individual circumstances and you have just pretty much admitted that anyone below Charnley has no influence so dialogue with the club is pointless.

Very well but this forum is about NUFC not individual circumstances and you have just pretty much admitted that anyone below Charnley has no influence so dialogue with the club is pointless.

What does that first sentence even mean?

I mean, we're not talking to lead on diversity about Mike Ashley's attempts to sell the club.

Guest neesy111

:thup:

I am sure Stiffy is reporting what he was told, but what he was told is simply not true I'm afraid.

Do NUST have dialogue with the club?

Very limited. Currently mostly with Lucy Oliver about inclusion and diversity issues and some contact with Lee Marshall on a issue by issue basis - e.g. issues that occur at matches that need brought to the club’s attention.

Good job doing the good work of keeping people at the matches. Ashley must be laughing when he hears about this. Doing the work for him.

:lol::lol:

So all the work on inclusive and diversity should just be ignored? Harassment of women and racism amongst our fan base should be ignored?

Travelling fans at away games being pepper sprayed for no reason shouldn't be challenged?

Under 16s being refused entry to Anfield the other week should just be ignored?

Think you are confusing NUST with a militant protest group.

I don't see the reason for working with the club at anything at this point, no. I don't consider advising everyone that has an interest in NUFC to stop giving Ashley money as militant either.

Maybe you should just change name to NUT so you're not confusing anyone.

I am sure Stiffy is reporting what he was told, but what he was told is simply not true I'm afraid.

Very limited. Currently mostly with Lucy Oliver about inclusion and diversity issues and some contact with Lee Marshall on a issue by issue basis - e.g. issues that occur at matches that need brought to the club’s attention.

Good job doing the good work of keeping people at the matches. Ashley must be laughing when he hears about this. Doing the work for him.

So all the work on inclusive and diversity should just be ignored? Harassment of women and racism amongst our fan base should be ignored?

Travelling fans at away games being pepper sprayed for no reason shouldn't be challenged?

I don't see the reason for working with the club at anything at this point, no. I don't consider advising everyone that has an interest in NUFC to stop giving Ashley money as militant either.

:thup:

Then you are short sighted, and naive and cutting off your nose to spite your face. I'm not going anymore but 30,000+ still as well as a strong travelling support. There's arguable more of these people than there are of you.

These people, while you can disagree with them going, don't deserve to be treat like s***, subject to sexist and racist abuse and other things.

If we want to really achieve what we want long term, such as a fan ownership (even a percentage given the money involved these days), then dialogue with the club is a prerequisite -  just ask those that have achieved it or are close to it e.g. those at Hearts.

Your way seems to be to treat the club as entirely dead, and no way back at all even with a new owner. We need a now owner ASAP, we all know that, but its best that that happens in the Premier League (hello Sunderland). If the club completes dies, in all areas, it becomes far harder for a new owner to rebuild.

Given your stance, I do wonder why you bother spending time on this message board?

Then you are short sighted, and naive and cutting off your nose to spite your face. I'm not going anymore but 30,000+ still as well as a strong travelling support. There's arguable more of these people than there are of you.

These people, while you can disagree with them going, don't deserve to be treat like s***, subject to sexist and racist abuse and other things.

If we want to really achieve what we want long term, such as a fan ownership (even a percentage given the money involved these days), then dialogue with the club is a prerequisite -  just ask those that have achieved it or are close to it e.g. those at Hearts.

Your way seems to be to treat the club as entirely dead, and no way back at all even with a new owner. We need a now owner ASAP, we all know that, but its best that that happens in the Premier League (hello Sunderland). If the club completes dies, in all areas, it becomes far harder for a new owner to rebuild.

Given your stance, I do wonder why you bother spending time on this message board?

No one is bringing that up here but you, of course they don't deserve that, they do deserve to be called out for still going though.

Guest neesy111

Shows how f***ing stupid posters are on here if they can't see the actually objective of a supporters trust.

We really are a stupid fucking fanbase in general.

So, for the avoidance of doubt and those that either can't read or are ignorant and don't know what a supporters trust is....

NUST is is a democratic, formally established not-for-profit organisation of supporters. To be a supporter's trust it has to be committed to strengthening the voice for supporters in the decision-making process at a club and strengthening the links between the club and the community it serves. It cannot do that without dialogue with the club. As Rafa would say, fact.

Supporters’ Trusts are constituted as Community Benefit Societies (CBS), a form of co-operative that operates under a one-member one-vote principle. CBSs are registered with the Financial Conduct Authority, and any changes to the rules must be approved by the members and only become effective once the FCA has agreed them, checking they are in keeping with the spirit of the organisation.

The members own all assets and liabilities collectively.  Under FCA rules the Trust must remain solvent if it is to continue to legally exist.  Any profit made is either kept as reserves or reinvested to meet its objects.  It will never take the form of a dividend to members.

Because Supporters’ Trusts are grassroots organisations, clubs with a degree of community ownership have stronger relationships with the local residents, businesses and their local authorities than clubs without such fan involvement. Therefore the most successful trusts to date tend to be lower down the football pyramid, but NUST has to use its trust status positively and to try to work  the club, foundation, City Council, the business community and local people – to the benefit of all.

All Supporters’ Trusts have the aim of acquiring shares in their football club and to secure – by democratic election – supporters’ representatives on the board of directors for the benefit of the club, the supporters and the wider community. This is clearly not easy, bot long term plans are in place to try and do something in this regard and we continue to work with locals Members of Parliament as well as central government - Mims Davies the Minister at the Digital, Culture, Media & Sport and Office for Civil Society.

There's loads of other wide stuff that NUST does with the FSA - some great campaigns we've been involved in such as the cap on away ticket prices and all sorts of other things.

I would argue we are doing a lot more to safeguard the long term future of Newcastle United that you three. But keep on getting angry at NUST, I'm sure it helps.