Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Well, that's that then.

One of the most important periods in the club's history and Wraith has managed to cock it up :lol:

What’s he done like? Not kept up to date with this. He took control and made it all about him?

Was that Greg off here? Either way he spoke very well and put a lot of misconceptions about the club to bed. Good to see the presenter letting him speak and not trying to talk over him as well.

Yes, and thanks.

Guest Howaythetoon

As much of a negative (for me anyway) Wraith’s involvement in NUST is, having Greg on board is a huge positive and far outweighs any of the negative downsides of having the Krays’ stalker in their ranks.

He’d me my choice as public spokesman not The Wroth one!

I would encourage everyone to put pressure on nust to make it a rule for members of the board to ideally be banned from receiving any gifts from NUFC and it’s subsidiaries or at an absolute minimum they should have to declare them.  I think other than the boycott they can potentially achieve a lot for us fans by uniting us.  Giving us one voice to the club.  But without transparency that their directors are receiving tickets, corporate seats etc there will be mistrust of the board and their motivations when their approach does not amplify with others (which is bound to happen as we will not always agree). 

If this is already the case they should make this clear on their website.

Guest The Little Waster

Check the latest TF podcast with Wraith on he more or less accuses members / leaders of other groups of selling out via hobnobbing with TPTB at Nufc ... pot kettle n all that

Greg carried himself unsurprisingly extremely well on Talksport. The counter-arguments put forward by the second presenter/commenter were predictably soul-destroying. It's a business! He's a businessman! Suppose we need to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they're intentionally talking complete shite.

Really good job Greg[/member]

Care to opine on members of the board avoiding conflicts of interest by having rules banning board members having gifts from nufc (or at least declaring them)?

I’d like to get behind the trust but this is a complete blocker for me. I can understand the resilience to backing boycotts but this feels like no brainer to me and is completely common practice in business world. 

Any North East professional sports "journalist" relies on their connections to NUFC for their job.  They will not do, or advocate for anything, that might see them locked out of the press briefings.

Really good job Greg[/member]

Care to opine on members of the board avoiding conflicts of interest by having rules banning board members having gifts from nufc (or at least declaring them)?

I’d like to get behind the trust but this is a complete blocker for me. I can understand the resilience to backing boycotts but this feels like no brainer to me and is completely common practice in business world. 

The legal set up and rules of the Trust mean that any conflict or interest must be declared.

I'll send you a PM on the specifics but happy to take this away and look in more detail.