Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

No hard feelings though, I do understand why they felt they had to keep some engagement with the club. It's just a very difficult question when said club is likely not to care.

The "lines" of engagement with the club are a joke and we push hard on that constantly and are highly critical - there is no cosy relationship (unlike the fans forum members that took free corporate hospitality) - Newcastle are the worst club in the Premier League for communicating with their Trust and we have raised and challenge them and the Premier League on this constantly - but you can't abandon that entirely given what the formal rules / constitution that govern the trust says.

This meeting is an incredible opportunity to apply a huge amount of pressure to the premier league if taken advantage of correctly.

Don’t have too high expectations. It’s only 15mins long.

Has the trust even asked the other trusts their thoughts on the failed takeover? Do the other trusts support or feel any sympathy for NUFC's position?

Surely 'deals' can be made to use another trusts 15mins in exchange for our trusts support/15mins at a later date?

Has the trust printed out all the signatures from the petition so it can be plonked on masters desk?

Has the trust got statements to read out MP's, local business leaders, the regional investment people highlighting the impact of the PL's refusal to authorise the takeover.

Has the trust got evidence to present of other Saudi investment in the UK where they were NOT required to be listed as directors?

Theres literally a million things to do that would apply pressure, to turn the screw.

In this instance, you absolutely DO NOT sit down and be quiet after your 15 mins are up. But maybe im too much of a bastard when it comes to getting what i want.

Has the trust even asked the other trusts their thoughts on the failed takeover? Do the other trusts support or feel any sympathy for NUFC's position?

Surely 'deals' can be made to use another trusts 15mins in exchange for our trusts support/15mins at a later date?

Has the trust printed out all the signatures from the petition so it can be plonked on masters desk?

Has the trust got statements to read out MP's, local business leaders, the regional investment people highlighting the impact of the PL's refusal to authorise the takeover.

Has the trust got evidence to present of other Saudi investment in the UK where they were NOT required to be listed as directors?

Theres literally a million things to do that would apply pressure, to turn the screw.

In this instance, you absolutely DO NOT sit down and be quiet after your 15 mins are up. But maybe im too much of a bastard when it comes to getting what i want.

Good ideas tbh mate, did you pitch them to trust?

I'm not having a go either, genuinely good ideas that if you think are valid and are a member you should forward these on.

In this instance, you absolutely DO NOT sit down and be quiet after your 15 mins are up. But maybe im too much of a b****** when it comes to getting what i want.

I'm not having a go either, genuinely good ideas that if you think are valid and are a member you should forward these on.

I shouldnt have to.

We as supporters (or rather the trust), have a face to face meeting with richard masters. There should be one thing, and one thing only on the agenda.

Questions need to asked in a certain way that force him to comment a certain way. So for example "Mr Masters, its been rumoured in the press that 2 PL clubs and BEIN have had say in this proposed takeover. Is this true?" Obviously hes not gonna say they have and he will deny it. So when evidence does emerge (which i believe it eventually will) his position becomes untenable.

Its basic stuff. Open questions. Closed questions. Leading questions, Loaded questions. All asked to get a certain response. In effect, to set him up.

I mean, was he even invited up here for a meet and greet to listen to fans opinions, to offer his own and to see the state of the club under ashley? He could have toured to most deprived areas of the north east with an MP that are crying out for investment, jobs, etc etc so he could see why this takeover was so important.

And no - im not a member of the trust. I disagreed with its position on ashley and not wanting to become a protest group. i still have high hopes for the trust, but just like the club i support, I'm not sure they will ever be realised.

But why not share them?

The trust are seemingly normal people doing this in their spare time, and without wanting to do them a disservice they aren't all going to possibly be a savvy or as clinical thinking as yourself.

Agree with a lot of your points tbh and hadn't thought about the possibility of canvassing support from fellow trusts and maybe seeing if they can at least spare a question for the NUFC takeover debacle, as this affects more than just Newcastle.

In this instance, you absolutely DO NOT sit down and be quiet after your 15 mins are up. But maybe im too much of a b****** when it comes to getting what i want.

I shouldnt have to.

We as supporters (or rather the trust), have a face to face meeting with richard masters. There should be one thing, and one thing only on the agenda.

Questions need to asked in a certain way that force him to comment a certain way. So for example "Mr Masters, its been rumoured in the press that 2 PL clubs and BEIN have had say in this proposed takeover. Is this true?" Obviously hes not gonna say they have and he will deny it. So when evidence does emerge (which i believe it eventually will) his position becomes untenable.

Its basic stuff. Open questions. Closed questions. Leading questions, Loaded questions. All asked to get a certain response. In effect, to set him up.

I mean, was he even invited up here for a meet and greet to listen to fans opinions, to offer his own and to see the state of the club under ashley? He could have toured to most deprived areas of the north east with an MP that are crying out for investment, jobs, etc etc so he could see why this takeover was so important.

And no - im not a member of the trust. I disagreed with its position on ashley and not wanting to become a protest group. i still have high hopes for the trust, but just like the club i support, I'm not sure they will ever be realised.

Why do you expect the trust to speak for you and stand up for you if you aren't a member?

These are all good points - join up, have your say - influence how it operates.

Agree with a lot of your points tbh and hadn't thought about the possibility of canvassing support from fellow trusts and maybe seeing if they can at least spare a question for the NUFC takeover debacle, as this affects more than just Newcastle.

From the trusts own 'become a member page' - "The Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST) exists to be an organisation for supporters, by supporters, with the aim of improving the experience of being a Newcastle United fan through communication with Newcastle United Football Club, other Supporters Trusts and National Fan Organisations, as well as national governing bodies of the game we all love."

No hard feelings though, I do understand why they felt they had to keep some engagement with the club. It's just a very difficult question when said club is likely not to care.

The "lines" of engagement with the club are a joke and we push hard on that constantly and are highly critical - there is no cosy relationship (unlike the fans forum members that took free corporate hospitality) - Newcastle are the worst club in the Premier League for communicating with their Trust and we have raised and challenge them and the Premier League on this constantly - but you can't abandon that entirely given what the formal rules / constitution that govern the trust says.

Understand and agree. Like I said it’s just a shame this particular club is such a wanker to deal with.

I shouldnt have to.

Why do you expect the trust to speak for you and stand up for you if you aren't a member?

Ive just tried to sign up and got this weird page from paypal - https://ibb.co/5nBwfrq.

Im at work but ill try again later.

From the trusts own 'become a member page' - "The Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST) exists to be an organisation for supporters, by supporters, with the aim of improving the experience of being a Newcastle United fan through communication with Newcastle United Football Club, other Supporters Trusts and National Fan Organisations, as well as national governing bodies of the game we all love."

Totally fair mate. Mind that's not to say they haven't already done as much.

I'm speaking on my behalf here not the trust's, and I found your points to be pretty decent.

I shouldnt have to.

Ive just tried to sign up and got this weird page from paypal - https://ibb.co/5nBwfrq.

Im at work but ill try again later.

Weird - we're looking to move away from Paypal - it's not been great. Let me know if you still have problems.

I realise the meetings probably underway and its too late but my whole point here is to be a bastard. By all means be polite, be informed and be prepared but be a twat.

In an adversarial meeting, stuff like questioning, structure and preparedness so so important. i once took a former employer to an employment tribunal, representing myself. Had the poor bloke who sacked me in tears and stuttering and he made himself look incompetent, i just asked certain questions, a certain way. IE, I looked for hypocrisy, double standards, favouratism, negligence etc etc

I still lost mind  :lol: but im still convinced that my approach was the right one.

I realise the meetings probably underway and its too late but my whole point here is to be a bastard. By all means be polite, be informed and be prepared but be a twat.

In an adversarial meeting, stuff like questioning, structure and preparedness so so important. i once took a former employer to an employment tribunal, representing myself. Had the poor bloke who sacked me in tears and stuttering and he made himself look incompetent, i just asked certain questions, a certain way. IE, I looked for hypocrisy, double standards, favouratism, negligence etc etc

I still lost mind  :lol: but im still convinced that my approach was the right one.

:lol:

As NE27 says you've got some solid ideas that could definitely be put to good use in ordinary circumstances, but isn't today's meeting via Zoom? Suppose that could make it easier for the PL to palm off any challenging line of questioning?

I realise the meetings probably underway and its too late but my whole point here is to be a b******. By all means be polite, be informed and be prepared but be a t***.

As NE27 says you've got some solid ideas that could definitely be put to good use in ordinary circumstances, but isn't today's meeting via Zoom? Suppose that could make it easier for the PL to palm off any challenging line of questioning?

Only if you let them.

I was fewming for weeks afterwards. But apparantly being crap at your job isnt unlawful.

I realise the meetings probably underway and its too late but my whole point here is to be a b******. By all means be polite, be informed and be prepared but be a t***.

Only if you let them.

I was fewming for weeks afterwards. But apparantly being crap at your job isnt unlawful.

I reckon they might have access to the mute button though :lol:

I've had an ex-employer through the unfair dismissal route, not a fun experience when also trying to bed into your new job.

I also self represented and got a settlement at the 11th hour, pretty remarkable for a company who were so confident at the start and hired a big Newcastle law firm haha.

I found our conciliator an absolute bastard. Once you understand they don't give a shit about wrong or right just settlement,you know how to play it.

Only if you let them.

:lol: Yeah this was where I was coming from. Get a little out of line and I'm sure they'll mute or have 'technical troubles'.

Only if you let them.

:lol: Yeah this was where I was coming from. Get a little out of line and I'm sure they'll mute or have 'technical troubles'.

Which would make them 'Unreasonable' or 'Not interested in the concerns of NUFC fans' or any other number of things depending on the spin.

Only if you let them.

Which would make them 'Unreasonable' or 'Not interested in the concerns of NUFC fans' or any other number of things depending on the spin.

The meeting isn't about the takeover though. It just has a 15 minute spot. It's perfect reasonable that they move on from it after the 15 minutes.