Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

That’s where I’m at as well Yorkie. I feel like I need some sort of closure to a certain extent from the major parties involved. The fans have done themselves proud and tried to participate in whatever the fallout was by applying pressure as requested. If there’s no where to go now it’s time

to say so from the consortium.

Guest reefatoon

I think the Trust have been superb tbh, along with any other member of the fanbase who has responded in some way to Staveley's presumed rallying call - be it signing a petition, spamming the PL Twitter, galvanising MPs or sitting down with Richard Masters. It's been a brilliant effort and I think the fanbase has responded as well as it could have been expected to do so given the context.

Assuming this has all been part of some ploy to force a decision, and assuming there are still conversations going on in the background, I think we can reasonably say that the fans have done their bit and the buyers/sellers need to regain full control of the reigns. The PL have made their public case and then reiterated it, it would seem highly unlikely that we're going to get any more change out of them now.

If there's anything left in the deal it's up to the parties who are directly involved to actually make it happen.

Mind you, my confidence has absolutely plummeted and my money would be on this takeover not happening. I just hope we get some definitive closure otherwise we're just still being led down the garden path.

Totally agree. We need to know that this is definitely dead and buried, so people can stop wasting their time/effort and emotions on it all. We know PIF pulled out, but the waters were muddied a little with the Staveley's rallying call to the fans etc. They just need to come out and say it's definitely off, so people can move on from it all.

I think the Trust have been superb tbh, along with any other member of the fanbase who has responded in some way to Staveley's presumed rallying call - be it signing a petition, spamming the PL Twitter, galvanising MPs or sitting down with Richard Masters. It's been a brilliant effort and I think the fanbase has responded as well as it could have been expected to do so given the context.

Assuming this has all been part of some ploy to force a decision, and assuming there are still conversations going on in the background, I think we can reasonably say that the fans have done their bit and the buyers/sellers need to regain full control of the reigns. The PL have made their public case and then reiterated it, it would seem highly unlikely that we're going to get any more change out of them now.

If there's anything left in the deal it's up to the parties who are directly involved to actually make it happen.

Mind you, my confidence has absolutely plummeted and my money would be on this takeover not happening. I just hope we get some definitive closure otherwise we're just still being led down the garden path.

I think I've missed something that's making a number of people say this sort of thing. We've had a withdrawal statement from PIF and a statement from the PL stating that the test is not an ongoing process. Why do people think there's still a chance of the deal happening?

Not a dig at you; as I say, a number of people are saying the same thing.

This takeover is dead. Unless Staveley can find different backers (not gonna be a quick thing anyway) then Ashley's here long term.

She actually found backers who were not prepared to undergo the PL tests. That's quite some doing tbh. Did she even ask them if they were prepared to go through the owners and directors test? You'd think that would have came up fairly quickly no? Lets hope she asks the next lot this question.

They cannot have ever expected this to be waved through surely?

TBH I expected it to be waved through quite easily, they've waved through oligarchs, dictators and saudi princes in the past.

Just needing more information to pass the test doesn't seem to tell the whole story to me. Why didn't they just fail them then? Seems like the piracy issue and pressure from BeIn/Qatar must be a factor.

TBH I expected it to be waved through quite easily, they've waved through oligarchs, dictators and saudi princes in the past.

Just needing more information to pass the test doesn't seem to tell the whole story to me. Why didn't they just fail them then? Seems like the piracy issue and pressure from BeIn/Qatar must be a factor.

I can see your point about previous takeovers of other clubs.

But if the Chairman of PIF was never prepared to go through the tests, it pretty much had zero chance from the start. He was always going to fall under the definition of "having significant control" surely?

He could have created another company with legal separation possibly, but it doesn't seem they've tried this at all?

And they couldn't fail MBS because they didn't test him. Whether they would have failed him (and whether this would be to do with Qatari influence) didn't come into play.

Guest Cheesy Beans

:lol: Sean’s view on this is so short sighted and full of weird unnecessary hatred.

The PL are being entirely unreasonable, taking 3 months to decide who is required to go through the test, which is a ridiculous amount of time. Most takeovers are completely waved through after a third of that time ffs.

That’s before you even scrutinise their decision to try and subject the whole state to the test and then offer a delaying tactic of arbitration, despite never make a decision to arbitrate.

Nobody is disputing that KSA/PIF have made mistakes which haven’t helped the cause, but equally, the PL are majorly at fault here and should be held to account.

But yeah, it’s all Staveley’s fault, somehow.

The reason people think you’re a bit of an idiot Sean is because you’re insinuating that Staveley has put together a takeover bit worth hundreds of millions of pounds, spent a huge amount of her own time and money on it, for no reason other than to wind up our supporters/get them on side. It’s a pathetic view on things and makes no sense whatsoever.

Getting back to the subject of NUST, I've still been receiving emails these past few months thinking I was a paid-up member. Turns out my membership elapsed in February. :lol:

I've now paid the fee but it might be worth others checking their accounts if you can't remember when you purchased your 1 year membership.

Getting back to the subject of NUST, I've still been receiving emails these past few months thinking I was a paid-up member. Turns out my membership elapsed in February. :lol:

I've now paid the fee but it might be worth others checking their accounts if you can't remember when you purchased your 1 year membership.

The renewal part of the website is broken - we are working on fixing it.

I support the option of writing to Al Rumayyan at PIF asking for closure for the fans one way or another.

It also seems clear to me that it wasn't PIF who withdrew their offer, it was MBS who clearly wasn't amused by the PL line of questioning and therefore ordered them to withdraw the offer, and so I think it is clear he would have been the majority, but lets be clear here, not the sole owner, of NUFC. 

However, this guy is the Crown Prince, and will be the next King of the KSA, and as such he is feted wherever he goes around the world.  Yet the EPL have had the temerity to question his suitability to own a share in a piddling little football club, because that's what NUFC, and by association, the EPL, is to him.

MBS clearly felt insulted, and I don't blame him for this, by the fact that the EPL refused to accept the assurance from the Saudi Royal Court that he would not be interfering in the running of NUFC.  Hence the withdrawal, and as such, I cannot see PIF would be allowed to resurrect the takeover, unless the EPL say they will pass the takeover without any further questioning.  So no, this takeover is sadly, dead in the water.

I support the option of writing to Al Rumayyan at PIF asking for closure for the fans one way or another.

It also seems clear to me that it wasn't PIF who withdrew their offer, it was MBS who clearly wasn't amused by the PL line of questioning and therefore ordered them to withdraw the offer, and so I think it is clear he would have been the majority, but lets be clear here, not the sole owner, of NUFC. 

However, this guy is the Crown Prince, and will be the next King of the KSA, and as such he is feted wherever he goes around the world.  Yet the EPL have had the temerity to question his suitability to own a share in a piddling little football club, because that's what NUFC, and by association, the EPL, is to him.

MBS clearly felt insulted, and I don't blame him for this, by the fact that the EPL refused to accept the assurance from the Saudi Royal Court that he would not be interfering in the running of NUFC.  Hence the withdrawal, and as such, I cannot see PIF would be allowed to resurrect the takeover, unless the EPL say they will pass the takeover without any further questioning.  So no, this takeover is sadly, dead in the water.

This is not for fans to sort out. Newcastle fans have done their bit, whipped up a storm with MPs and got the PL to talk for the first time.

It's now over to those with the power, the millionaires, billionaires, corporations and sovereign states, to sort this out, either way, once and for all and then we can move on to wherever that may be.

There no scope to get these journos critical of the deal onside somewhat. Some are click bait troll types but others are truly investigative. MP’s have a bandwidth - it’s these guys job to probe and they should know how to elicit answers

Idealist I know.

This is not for fans to sort out. Newcastle fans have done their bit, whipped up a storm with MPs and got the PL to talk for the first time.

It's now over to those with the power, the millionaires, billionaires, corporations and sovereign states, to sort this out, either way, once and for all and then we can move on to wherever that may be.

What I meant was NUST, not individual fans, should write to Al Rumayyan asking for closure one way or another.

If this is the case - I say if because that is your interpretation of the little information that we have- then it would definitely resolve the point about whether or not MBS should be included on the O&D test!!

Guest Howaythetoon

This, either get it sorted or fuck off messing about with what is our club. Ashley can fuck off too. We never asked anyone to buy/sell our club and make it their own little play thing. The PL can get fucked too.

Is anyone else watching this?

The takeaway so far is Thomas got the impression Masters was being genuine. He believes they were unsure who would be actually running the club. Fair enough.

They’ve then dodged or straight batted a question on whether they’ve spoken or will speak to Staveley. I think the response was “Alex isn’t here and she has his number” and they had “nothing to add on that”

Am I being a bit harsh or is that a bit shit? Unless they know more and can’t let on yet because otherwise that’s a bit shit.

I’m satisfied we won’t get the answers or reasons why the deal collapsed watching this. I don’t get the impression the NUST are going to pursue Staveley for answers following the Premier League meeting and it sounds like they’re accepting the Premier League’s point of view on what happened.

They seem to have a bit of finality in what they’re saying. I get they’re only volunteers, both Greg from on here and Thomas have done themselves proud but it was repeatedly mentioned it’s over to the billionaires etc. Seems like an end point.

FWIW I think the trust going from strength to strength and only be of benefit for us as a fan base in the future.

The takeaway so far is Thomas got the impression Masters was being genuine. He believes they were unsure who would be actually running the club. Fair enough.

They’ve then dodged or straight batted a question on whether they’ve spoken or will speak to Staveley. I think the response was “Alex isn’t here and she has his number” and they had “nothing to add on that”

Am I being a bit harsh or is that a bit s***? Unless they know more and can’t let on yet because otherwise that’s a bit s***.

Yeah thought the same.  If they do know more they should tell people, simple as that. Certainly shouldn't be avoiding anything they've been asked.

Am I being a bit harsh or is that a bit s***? Unless they know more and can’t let on yet because otherwise that’s a bit s***.

As I said - Amanda has Alex's phone number - if she wants to contact NUST she knows where we are but it is not the job of NUST or Alex to go chasing Amanda Staveley.

This basically.