Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

I agree wholeheartedly with the principle that the fans have responded and acted to the fullest extent as could be reasonably expected up to now. As I said earlier in the thread, I think the Trust have done a magnificent job of being a figurehead, galvanising people, building relationships with potentially influential people like Chi and Caulkin, and following up words with actions.

But I don't see the harm in reaching out to the very people who reached out to them, for a bit of a debrief. It wouldn't exactly be uncourteous, so what's the harm? Particularly if there's anything else we can do to help. From what I could gather, Staveley spoke to Alex almost as if the Trust were a partner in this effort. I doubt she ended that conversation with "thanks, now don't contact us"?

Collectively, fans have mobilised and done things as a direct response to what she said, do they not deserve to know whether or not to stand down? Or have we just decided that? It's not like a generic, wholesale protest for the principle of ownership change - the likes of which come and go without a beginning or end; this has been very targeted around one issue.

Is anyone else watching this?

The takeaway so far is Thomas got the impression Masters was being genuine. He believes they were unsure who would be actually running the club. Fair enough.

They’ve then dodged or straight batted a question on whether they’ve spoken or will speak to Staveley. I think the response was “Alex isn’t here and she has his number” and they had “nothing to add on that”

Am I being a bit harsh or is that a bit s***? Unless they know more and can’t let on yet because otherwise that’s a bit s***.

As I said - Amanda has Alex's phone number - if she wants to contact NUST she knows where we are but it is not the job of NUST or Alex to go chasing Amanda Staveley.

With respect, if it isn’t the job of the NUST to look for answers for the fan base overall when no one else seems to be then who’s is it?

I think you’ve done wonderful work so far, especially the way you’ve got it to a position where you’ve got a seat with Masters. We’ve kind of only got half of the story unless there’s something going on you can’t say then fair enough.

Guest ClintonBaptiste

The takeaway so far is Thomas got the impression Masters was being genuine. He believes they were unsure who would be actually running the club. Fair enough.

They’ve then dodged or straight batted a question on whether they’ve spoken or will speak to Staveley. I think the response was “Alex isn’t here and she has his number” and they had “nothing to add on that”

Am I being a bit harsh or is that a bit s***? Unless they know more and can’t let on yet because otherwise that’s a bit s***.

As I said - Amanda has Alex's phone number - if she wants to contact NUST she knows where we are but it is not the job of NUST or Alex to go chasing Amanda Staveley.

Why not ?

Why not ?

They'll have canvassed their members I imagine.

I agree wholeheartedly with the principle that the fans have responded and acted to the fullest extent as could be reasonably expected up to now. As I said earlier in the thread, I think the Trust have done a magnificent job of being a figurehead, galvanising people, building relationships with potentially influential people like Chi and Caulkin, and following up words with actions.

But I don't see the harm in reaching out to the very people who reached out to them, for a bit of a debrief. It wouldn't exactly be uncourteous, so what's the harm? Particularly if there's anything else we can do to help. From what I could gather, Staveley spoke to Alex almost as if the Trust were a partner in this effort. I doubt she ended that conversation with "thanks, now don't contact us"?

Collectively, fans have mobilised and done things as a direct response to what she said, do they not deserve to know whether or not to stand down? Or have we just decided that? It's not like a generic, wholesale protest for the principle of ownership change - the likes of which come and go without a beginning or end; this has been very targeted around one issue.

It's been more than one conversation - the buyers know where we are - the ball is very much in their court on this.

"The response from the Premier League prompts more questions than it provides answers, not only for the Premier League but for PCP, PIF and the Reuben Brothers, as well as incumbent owner Mike Ashley. 

We have one simple question for all parties involved in this takeover: As fans of Newcastle United, we simply need to know if this deal is still alive and if so what is the roadmap to completion?"

Greg, following the Reuters exposure of Bellagraph Nova it has all the hallmarks of a scam which is fairly common in China.

Culturally the Chinese and its South East Asian neighbours believe that if you have interactions with the famous and the powerful, people who have luxurious wealth etc then it will rub off on them. The scammers create an illusion of living this lifestyle and live this lifestyle off the scammed savings of other people who want to be like them.

This sadly means that NUFC are now a tool that will be used to scam relatively poor people possibly NUFC or PL fans out of their savings. The genie is out of the bottle now thanks to the useless UK press particularly that Doylem Lee Ryder whom has written all sorts of inaccurate testimonies. These articles will be getting shown to victims to extract money off them.

Therefore while waiting for Staveley to call you back you need to:

Release a statement about this

Speak to all the media and ask them to retract and remove all stories that give a positive impression of BN

Ask NUFC and Shearer to dissassociate themselves from the group

Educate Chopra and ask him to apologise.

Sorry to put this on you but if NUST wants to have any integrity and wants to look out for the fans then it has to do this.

Greg, following the Reuters exposure of Bellagraph Nova it has all the hallmarks of a scam which is fairly common in China.

Culturally the Chinese and its South East Asian neighbours believe that if you have interactions with the famous and the powerful, people who have luxurious wealth etc then it will rub off on them. The scammers create an illusion of living this lifestyle and live this lifestyle off the scammed savings of other people who want to be like them.

This sadly means that NUFC are now a tool that will be used to scam relatively poor people possibly NUFC or PL fans out of their savings. The genie is out of the bottle now thanks to the useless UK press particularly that Doylem Lee Ryder whom has written all sorts of inaccurate testimonies. These articles will be getting shown to victims to extract money off them.

Speak to all the media and ask them to retract and remove all stories that give a positive impression of BN

Sorry to put this on you but if NUST wants to have any integrity and wants to look out for the fans then it has to do this.

Yeah and maybe they can find a cure for Covid 19 once they’re finished with your list.

Fucking hell.

Guest ClintonBaptiste

It's been more than one conversation - the buyers know where we are - the ball is very much in their court on this.

"The response from the Premier League prompts more questions than it provides answers, not only for the Premier League but for PCP, PIF and the Reuben Brothers, as well as incumbent owner Mike Ashley. 

We have one simple question for all parties involved in this takeover: As fans of Newcastle United, we simply need to know if this deal is still alive and if so what is the roadmap to completion?"

So why not get in touch with Amanda Stavely and ask her ? Got nowt to lose

I think Reuters have pretty much done this already with their piece today - all doing this would do is give it more attention that it doesn't deserve.

I think Reuters have pretty much done this already with their piece today - all doing this would do is give it more attention that it doesn't deserve.

Exactly. The whole point is it’s supposed to distract and that’ll play into it.

My take

Ashley is a willing seller.

The Premier League would approve it if given satisfactory answers to the concerns over control and ownership.

The buyers pulled out blaming the delays and the economic situation.

The ball therefore is in the buyers court. I don't think you need answers from all 3.

Respectfully disagree. Articles particularly the Ryder one will be bookmarked and be ready to be unleashed on victims who due to language and cultural issues will not be able to distinguish fact from fiction and will not find the Reuter’s article.

Best solution is to get these bookmarked articles removed. Particularly the Ryder one.

Exactly. The whole point is it’s supposed to distract and that’ll play into it.

Plan isn’t to distract. It’s to scam tens of thousands out of Singaporean and Chinese football fans hence something needs to be done.

Yeah and maybe they can find a cure for Covid 19 once they’re finished with your list.

Fucking hell.

:lol:

Guest ClintonBaptiste

So why not get in touch with Amanda Stavely and ask her ? Got nowt to lose

Bellagraph Nova is clearly a scam. A simple search shows no evidence of their existence beyond a year or two ago, yet they claim to have 23000 employees in every major territory and have a 12bn turnover. Yet they don't seem to actually do anything...what is a 360 lifestyle platform? Is it basically Aziz Ansaris company from Parks an Recreation?

Unless they happen to be the real life equivalent of Umbrella Corp

Bellagraph Nova is clearly a scam. A simple search shows no evidence of their existence beyond a year or two ago, yet they claim to have 23000 employees in every major territory and have a 12bn turnover. Yet they don't seem to actually do anything...what is a 360 lifestyle platform? Is it basically Aziz Ansaris company from Parks an Recreation?

Unless they happen to be the real life equivalent of Umbrella Corp

360 lifestyle platform is so much cringe. What next "global leader in happiness"?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...