Celtic and Rangers in the Premier league.

cp40

Guest toonlass

We see how hard it is for Portsmouth fans to get Newcastle, now imagine trying to get to Glasgow, it will never work.

Eh? Its only an 3 hour drive to Ibrox from here.

They should start at the bottom and work up. It would knacker Scottish Football if the big two left anyway. Who honestly would want to watch Motherwell V Hamilton or Falkirk v St Johnston?

We see how hard it is for Portsmouth fans to get Newcastle, now imagine trying to get to Glasgow, it will never work.

On top of the 7 hours already driven from Portsmouth though.

They should start at the bottom and work up. It would knacker Scottish Football if the big two left anyway. Who honestly would want to watch Motherwell V Hamilton or Falkirk v St Johnston?

To be fair, no fucker wants to watch Motherwell V Celtic or Rangers V St Johnston either.

Guest toonlass

Oh got you. I thought Nixon was talking from our perspective.

Imagine that, it's mental, 10 hours up, 2 hours drinking, 2 hours at the game and 10 hours home. That's a full 24!

I want them in tbh. Celtic have said they'd be willing to start lower, than the Prem so let them.

:lol:

Them twats in the conference would be well pissed off if these two rocked up a division above them. Everyone else in league two would love it though, massive money spinner for them.

Guest toonlass

UEFA wouldn't let it happen anyway would they? Thought that had already been established years ago.

well cardiff and swansea play in the english league so theres precedent there

So do Wrexham.

But there is a reason for that, which I cannot remember at the moment.

How many OF fans would still support their teams if they went for 5 years without winning, or even challenging, for a trophy?  It's easy to have a massive fan base when you're winning things, it's a lot harder when you're one of the also-rans.

I'd have no problem with amalgamating the English and Scottish League Cups into an Anglo-Scottish Cup.  It'd be a far more interesting competition than it is now and it'd benefit other clubs in Scotland, not just Celtic & Rangers (though I'd not want to be a Plymouth fans if they got drawn away against Inverness).

Guest Phil K

Just a question - why should two Scottish teams play in the ENGLISH Premier League ?

Yes, I know Cardiff Swansea Wrexham and Newport play in the English leagues, but they got in at the start.

Queen of the South were given the option, I believe but decided against.

That was then, this is NOW.

If they want to come in, let them start at the beginning. NOT straight in at the top.

Let them in at Northern Prem League standard and work their way up.

We wouldn't have to worry too much, seeing as how they'd be playing the PREM.

In all seriousness though, they'll join the Premier League once Man U/Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal break off to join the super duper european league.

Just a question - why should two Scottish teams play in the ENGLISH Premier League ?

Yes, I know Cardiff Swansea Wrexham and Newport play in the English leagues, but they got in at the start.

Queen of the South were given the option, I believe but decided against.

That was then, this is NOW.

If they want to come in, let them start at the beginning. NOT straight in at the top.

Let them in at Northern Prem League standard and work their way up.

Make the fuckers join the Southern Prem League. Make them show they're dedicated to the cause.

Seriously, they would get humped every match in the Prem.

The standard of SPL football would be comparative to Championship for Rangers and Celtic, but leagues 1 and 2 for the rest.

It's fucking awful!

Seriously, they would get humped every match in the Prem.

The standard of SPL football would be comparative to Championship for Rangers and Celtic, but leagues 1 and 2 for the rest.

It's fucking awful!

I'm not convinced they'd be humped by half the teams in the English Prem.

People have some insane expectations of Hull/Wolves/Stoke/Blackburn/Burnley/Portsmouth/Birmingham/Bolton/Wigan. Premier League is full of dross.

Guest Heneage

Nah if anything we would be the only viable option if they wanted to put the Old firm game on a Monday night. Other than that they'd need to be all 3pm Saturday's really.

Guest toonlass

What's the chances of Hibs asking for a PL place, too? I mean, if you're going to let the Glasgow teams in, why not other SPL clubs?

Why just Hibs, why not Hearts and Aberdeen too?