Steve Harper rejoins NUFC as Academy coach

Weznufc

:lol:

hughesy, don't think anyones said krul would definitely have saved either, just that he'd have more chance...he has much better reactions, saw him save shots like the first goal countless times with his feet.

Not disputing that Krul is a better keeper - that is obvious.  What I am saying is that there almost seems to be an assumption that Krul would have saved the two goals - despite the fact that they were pretty well struck shots.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Out of interest at which point did we all decide Elliot is terrible? I never see any reserve team games, has he been useless for them?

I'd certainly be inclined to try any other viable option than having to rely on Harper at first team level as it's been painful to watch since about 3 or 4 years ago when we were in the Championship.

Out of interest at which point did we all decide Elliot is terrible? I never see any reserve team games, has he been useless for them?

I'd certainly be inclined to try any other viable option than having to rely on Harper at first team level as it's been painful to watch since about 3 or 4 years ago when we were in the Championship.

I don't think Elliot has ever kept a clean sheet for us at any level, always seems that we concede easy goals when he's between the posts.

When he couldn't get a game for Charlton in League 1.

Harper didn't play badly, but it shows how many points Tim has earned for us over the last year. He gets down very quickly, his reflexes are very sharp, and he would probably have blocked the first shot. Possibly the second as well.

Guest Rey Mysterio

When he couldn't get a game for Charlton in League 1.

Harper shouldn't be getting games in League 2 though. Baines' goal last night couldn't have got closer to the centre of the goal. That should not be ending up in the back of the net.

He looked shaky in this game: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14893631

Way too many over reactions here. Harper played OK and about what you expect from a backup, especially one getting on in years. He's not in Krul's class right now obviously, but not his fault at all for either goal, they were both well struck and perfectly placed.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Way too many over reactions here. Harper played OK and about what you expect from a backup, especially one getting on in years. He's not in Krul's class right now obviously, but not his fault at all for either goal, they were both well struck and perfectly placed.

They weren't perfectly placed. As mentioned above the first goal couldn't have been closer to the centre of the goal. Having just this second seen replays on sky of the second, it's nowhere near the corner either. Poor positioning and an embarrassing 'non-attempt' at a save.

He does seem to close to his near post on both goals for some reason, oddly more a positioning issue than reflexes. That save from anichebe onto the bar to make it uncertain was brilliant tbh people would be raving about Kruls reflexes if he'd done that. Hopefully he watches the goals back and sorts it.

some ridiculous criticism in this thread. Both shots were drilled low and hard from inside the box. I've just watched Hart and Cassilas conceed 5 goals between them, 4 of which were comparable or worse goals for a keeper to conceed than the ones Harper let in. Should at least wait for him to fuck up before slaughtering him.

some ridiculous criticism in this thread. Both shots were drilled low and hard from inside the box. I've just watched Hart and Cassilas conceed 5 goals between them, 4 of which were comparable or worse goals for a keeper to conceed than the ones Harper let in. Should at least wait for him to fuck up before slaughtering him.

So true  ;D

There's a few on here who have the knives out for him before he even gets on the pitch.

To most of us who've watched him over the years he's a great club servant who has never let us down.

That said, I'm sure he's wishing Timmy a speedy recovery just like the rest of us.