S.Taylor/Harewood injuries?

Dave

Chris hughton was saying today that apart from Shola and Barton, there was no fresh injuries and he was hoping that Colo would be fit for Sat, Harewood was only yesterday saying how fit he felt and looking forward to getting a run in the team.

Colocinni is still supposed to be doubtful for Saturday, is he not?

The loss of Taylor would be a blow - Harewood, am not too fussed. Could still do with some backup in that dept if it is indeed true.

Makes you wonder when this injury curse will lift? It's hung around this club like a bad smell for years now. :(

I was thinking that; it's ridiculous isn't it. Surely there's more to it than a mythical 'curse', is there not? It's not a coincidence that the best teams are generally the fittest.

This, and our squad size certainly isn't a coincidence..

Simpson   Khiz   Colo   Enrique

is adequate. Jonas and R Taylor in front of the full backs gives a lot of defensive cover.

That will do against a Forest team that does not have a settled forward line. Losing Taylor is a blow as he is our best cb & a goal threat for us.

WE DO NOT WANT TO PLAY GEREMI AT RIGHT BACK!!! Forest have been using strikers with pace on the flanks & they would destroy Geremi, good idea about 4 seasons ago though :thup:

Both are lies. I've just spoke with my mate Chris who is normally bang on and he says that they just got slight knocks in training so they finished earlier to rest ahead of Saturdays game. Colin confirmed this when I spoke to him too.

is adequate. Jonas and R Taylor in front of the full backs gives a lot of defensive cover.

That will do against a Forest team that does not have a settled forward line. Losing Taylor is a blow as he is our best cb & a goal threat for us.

WE DO NOT WANT TO PLAY GEREMI AT RIGHT BACK!!! Forest have been using strikers with pace on the flanks & they would destroy Geremi, good idea about 4 seasons ago though :thup:

Mourinho thought so, 3 seasons ago  :thup:

Taylor = goal threat  :lol:

Mourinho played Diarra at right back as well.  He also gave Geremi a free & said somethings to Bobby about Gezza:

"SIR Bobby Robson says he tried to warn Newcastle United off signing Geremi.

Robson claims Jose Mourinho - then manager of Geremi's club Chelsea - told him the 29-year-old Cameroon international's best days were behind him last summer.

He says he informed his old club - only for Sam Allardyce to sign Geremi AND make him captain.

But after a disappointing start to his Newcastle career, Allardyce stripped Geremi of the captaincy last month and handed the armband to Alan Smith.

Sir Bobby, writing in his Mail on Sunday column, said: "Jose Mourinho told me last season that Geremi's legs had effectively gone.

"'Mister, he plays like a 40-year-old. He can not run any more. He will not play for me in important matches again,' was Jose's typically forthright response. "

Since Taylor scored his 1st league goal in the 2006/7 season he has scored 8 league goals, Lovenkrands in the period of time has scored 9. You were spouting that Loverkrands was a good finisher his record proves otherwise. All I am saying he is a threat, his 4 goals last season for a CB in a team that went down shows this.

Er, yeah?

yes he does score goals off set pieces now and then and is the only one who looks remotely like getting a header in off a corner. Ain't he our 2nd highest scorer in the squad after shola? Plus I think he's one of the highest goal scoring cbs in recent years in prem anyway

yes he does score goals off set pieces now and then and is the only one who looks remotely like getting a header in off a corner. Ain't he our 2nd highest scorer in the squad after shola? Plus I think he's one of the highest goal scoring cbs in recent years in prem anyway

Not at Nick the Greek level but getting there

Mourinho played Diarra at right back as well.  He also gave Geremi a free & said somethings to Bobby about Gezza:

"SIR Bobby Robson says he tried to warn Newcastle United off signing Geremi.

Robson claims Jose Mourinho - then manager of Geremi's club Chelsea - told him the 29-year-old Cameroon international's best days were behind him last summer.

He says he informed his old club - only for Sam Allardyce to sign Geremi AND make him captain.

But after a disappointing start to his Newcastle career, Allardyce stripped Geremi of the captaincy last month and handed the armband to Alan Smith.

Sir Bobby, writing in his Mail on Sunday column, said: "Jose Mourinho told me last season that Geremi's legs had effectively gone.

"'Mister, he plays like a 40-year-old. He can not run any more. He will not play for me in important matches again,' was Jose's typically forthright response. "

Since Taylor scored his 1st league goal in the 2006/7 season he has scored 8 league goals, Lovenkrands in the period of time has scored 9. You were spouting that Loverkrands was a good finisher his record proves otherwise. All I am saying he is a threat, his 4 goals last season for a CB in a team that went down shows this.

Lovenkrands is a good finisher, he's just good at nowt else basically.

Geremi would be very comfortable at right back against Nottingham f***ing Forrest man. I don't see how Mourinho saying 'He will not play for me in important matches again' relates to us playing him in the championship for one game.  :lol:

Lovenkrands is not really a good finisher, I liked the way he linked up with Oba V Man Utd & early doors he played well with Harewood against Bristol City.

Forest tend to play fast strikers (McGoldrick, Tyson & even Garner is lighting quick compared to Njitap) down the flanks & they would fucking kill Geremi. Go with Simpson & Ryan Taylor i.e WHAT YOU FUCKING SAID IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

I'd go with Enrique and Simpson on the flanks. Which is what I f***ing said in the first place  :thup:

I was just pointing out that Geremi could play RB rather comfortably if all else fails. And he's a goal threat.  :lol:

I'd go with Enrique and Simpson on the flanks. Which is what I f***ing said in the first place  :thup:

I was just pointing out that Geremi could play RB rather comfortably if all else fails. And he's a goal threat.  :lol:

Simpson  & Taylor the right flank is what I meaning :thup:

Yeah he can be, he scored in midweek a rebound from his own penalty miss.

rebound from a shot by Achille Emana  O0

rebound from a shot by Achille Emana  O0

It all came about from him missing a pen..."Elsewhere, Geremi netted the rebound from his own missed penalty as Cameroon eased to a 3-0 victory over Togo in Yaounde - victory against Morocco next month confirming their spot in the finals" http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1823806,00.html

It says different on Goal.com