Nott'm Forest 1 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 17/10/09 - Post-Match Reaction From Page 16

Dave

I can't believe some of the shite I'm reading.

The first half was a lazy, lackluster, non- performance. Forest could of been a couple up at the break had Blackstock put his chances away. Simpson in particular was all over the place, out muscled, out of position and constantly troubled by Blackstock. Our set pieces were sloppy up both ends and was there a midfield on the park? Smith was the best of a bad bunch.

Second half saw a marked improvement but it still wasn't good enough. The midfield lacked creativity, the strikers were sloppy and reserved.

Yet after all that we still probably deserved a point, does that not highlight the quality of the opposition? Today the tactics weren't good enough and at times the players looked like they were on their summer fucking holidays, sort it out Chris.

Guest Heneage

This game boils down to first half we were shite and rightly went in behind, the second half we picked our arses up but it was too late and the final ball was once again missing. We are clearly too confident in our ability to pull games out of the fire and need to realise this season is 46 games long.

I don't know why you lot bother to watch matches, all you can come up with is constant criticism.

We deserved all the flak last 2 seasons but there are a lot of positives coming out of this season.

Just open your eyes and try and see, and perhaps give some players a bit of credit.

I've been a Nolan critic all last season but he has been our only midfield player, consistently likely to score or provide goalscoring opportunities.

I don't know why you lot bother to watch matches, all you can come up with is constant criticism.

We deserved all the flak last 2 seasons but there are a lot of positives coming out of this season.

Just open your eyes and try and see, and perhaps give some players a bit of credit.

I've been a Nolan critic all last season but he has been our only midfield player, consistently likely to score or provide goalscoring opportunities.

We were fucking crap for at least 45mins and lost. :lol:

WE WERE RELEGATED. Of course we should see an improvement, Jesus wept.

They deserve no credit until they get us back into the prem! Until then they are on probation in my eyes.

Have Middlesbrough improved?

I don't think so, so relegation doesn't automatically mean improvement.

Probably deserved a point at the end of the day but we can't give teams a goal start away from home and expect to pull it back. For all of our domination in the second half forest defended well and were hard to break down. Our final ball was shocking and if you can't score then you don't deserve to win. Needs sorting.

More than once this season we've won games we shouldn't have so we can't really complain about today. We just weren't at it.

Oh deary me, he's actually deadly serious too.

Put it this way, if we were still in the Premier League now the improvement would be so great that we'd still be getting beat week after week. Yeah we've had a good start but people are clearly getting carried away.

Of course i'm serious, and who's getting carried away.

We havn't played that well all season and have been lucky to get some of the results we have. But try and be positive instead of constantly griping.

Put it this way, if we were still in the Premier League now the improvement would be so great that we'd still be getting beat week after week. Yeah we've had a good start but people are clearly getting carried away.

We havn't played that well all season and have been lucky to get some of the results we have. But try and be positive instead of constantly griping.

Yeah sorry I constantly gripe, I'm not sure why I'm so negative about an absolutely magnificent performance. We were truly unlucky that our dynamic midfield and shit hot strikers didn't blow them away. It's similar to the last couple of games, that's why we're still well clear of West Brom despite dropping points today.

The glass is truly half full.

Yeah sorry I constantly gripe, I'm not sure why I'm so negative about an absolutely magnificent performance. We were truly unlucky that our dynamic midfield and s*** hot strikers didn't blow them away. It's similar to the last couple of games, that's why we're still well clear of West Brom despite dropping points today.

The glass is truly half full.

I'm not getting at just you, but all the negativity surrounding our result.

It's on the pitch and not the boardroom where there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Guest Heneage

Is it me or are the referees at this level of a very poor standard.

Shocking. Two in two weeks now, we've not had a fair crack, you can be paranoid and think it's just coincedence that this league's biggest team just aren't getting the decisions but something isn't right.

Marlon Harewood offers nothing for our team, was shocking today.

How well do you think Fernando Torres would do if you played endless, aimless long balls to him?

Harewood needs the ball to his feet. When this happens he'll be very effective.

Marlon Harewood offers nothing for our team, was shocking today.

Too similar to Carroll imo. It's too easy an option for our full backs and midfield to think 'right, there's 2 big targets to aim for, I'll just hoof it and let them win it.' That's not going to get us anywhere as their technique isn't good enough to create enough from all of the long stuff. Need to play one or the other with a pacey striker (or even Nolan playing just off) and force our midfield to actually play football rather than just take the easy option of just fucking banging it up there and hoping for the best.

Hughton needs to find a plan B asap.

How well do you think Fernando Torres would do if you played endless, aimless long balls to him?

Harewood was given plenty of the ball, its his fault that he couldn't do anything with it. 

Harewood was given plenty of the ball, its his fault that he couldn't do anything with it. 

I suppose it's also Lovenkrands' fault that he isn't a left winger.

Using players incorrectly is the fault of nobody but the manager